Warlord's Deathwheel: Horde Availability

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 16 Next
10/01/2016 09:35 PMPosted by Myrsi
It's kinda weird how the Alliance lost and can buy theirs, but the Horde won and theirs is gone forever.

This must be that fistbump moment Metzen promised the Alliance.
09/30/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Tenaciousm
09/30/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Ornyx
There are a few unfortunate legal obligations that have halted a release of the Horde's Deathwheel, from what I understand. Something about <insert legal jargon about prizing>.

Again, an unfortunate circumstance, but I'm not sure that anything can be done.

I'll bring this up again next week and see if anything has changed since I last asked about this a few months back.
Thank you for your response. I just have one suggestion then if I may. Why not rename and reskin to make it legal. Blizzard reskins mounts all the time.

Warchief's Killcycle!
09/30/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Tatiana
09/30/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Clockwork
...I don't think you read anything.
* People who did not get the bike because they didn't log in during the time of the event can NEVER get one currently.
* Alliance will ALWAYS be able to get theirs.
* A majority of the people who didn't get one would be okay with it being available for 100k.

It was a free "limited event" item, so it's your own fault if you missed out on it. Blizzard isn't obligated to give you a second chance at something that they clearly stated would only be available for a limited time.

There's precedent for them to do it, actually. Warbot used to be exclusive and cool, marketed specifically as a "limited time only" reward, now it's Dalaran garbage.
09/30/2016 10:39 AMPosted by Tenaciousm
Just a quick poll who of you that got the mount and feat of strength would be mad if they offered the mount via vendor?

I have the Horde mount and the Feat of Strength, and it wouldn't bother me at all if the Horde mount was put up for sale just like the Alliance one is.

As others have said, the Horde won the contest by getting their bike for free if they played during that time frame. The losing side (Alliance) was never given a free mount.
I am pretty sure you could roll both mounts from that sham of a contest off the biggest cliff you could find and few tears would be shed.
The winners won a premium mount for free that is now no longer obtainable.

The losers get a mount that cost them 100k back when 100k actually meant something. So now in Legion everyone and their grandma would be riding that bike devaluing it some, while the horde one stays rare as older accounts remain unsubbed and newer accounts replace them.
Fuzzy would look totally BA on a Deathwheel.
10/01/2016 09:43 PMPosted by Øktober
09/30/2016 02:17 PMPosted by Tatiana

It was a free "limited event" item, so it's your own fault if you missed out on it. Blizzard isn't obligated to give you a second chance at something that they clearly stated would only be available for a limited time.

There's precedent for them to do it, actually. Warbot used to be exclusive and cool, marketed specifically as a "limited time only" reward, now it's Dalaran garbage.

Getting that warbot made me realize how I should stop giving the internet my real name just because they ask for it. The day blizzard decided to just randomly turn them on the forums when I thought I was just signing up for some throwaway mtn dew account was sickening.

So at least something came from it.
10/01/2016 06:39 AMPosted by Eyrinjia
DOWNVOTES INCOMING!!!

Personally, I think both choppers are hideous, the Azeroth Choppers competition was idiotic and insulting, and the game would be improved by removing both Horde & Alliance versions completely and permanently. But that's just me.

/punt

Quit whining.
It may have been posted but I don't have time to sift through all the posts. Were does one get the alliance mount?
08/08/2016 08:18 PMPosted by Michroyal
Did you just refer to us as......"dogs"?

If it looks like a dog and smells like wet dog when wet.
Ironic, in losing the contest the Alliance actually got the better deal out of it.

1) Our mount will always be available.

2) Due to its rarity/price its actually becomes more prestigious.
10/02/2016 07:23 PMPosted by Zerde
Ironic, in losing the contest the Alliance actually got the better deal out of it.

1) Our mount will always be available.

2) Due to its rarity/price its actually becomes more prestigious.

Don't those kind of contradict each other? I suppose it may technically be rarer since less people have shelled out the gold in theory than had just been given the horde one during the reward period, but it's certainly less exclusive, and exclusivity is usually a bigger element of prestige than pure rarity.

Anyway, at the risk of sounding perhaps a bit smarmy here, but in terms of people actually involved, how much does this really affect anyone?

Anyone who was actually participating in the contest for horde side already has it. The people who are upset that they don't have it now obviously didn't participate in the contest or they'd have it anyway, so I sense a bit of a disconnect when current people (ostensibly without the bike) are complaining that they got screwed/ripped off/punished/etc for "winning" a contest that if we're being real here, they didn't take part in anyway.
Wall of Text crits you for 159,874!
If you participated in the contest 2 YEARS AGO you should already have the mount. I don't even play horde and I took the time to make a level 1 horde alt to log in 2 years ago and get the horde mount for free, so if you weren't even playing the game 2 years ago then tough beans.

Also, you have access to the alliance mount as well, nothing stopping you from buying it and using it if you ever decide play an alliance toon.

If anything this is good for us that actually have the horde mount because now it's become an even more exclusive mount. :P
09/30/2016 10:39 AMPosted by Tenaciousm
Just a quick poll who of you that got the mount and feat of strength would be mad if they offered the mount via vendor? Who thinks it would ruin the game for ever or change it so drastically that it would make you unsub?

I don't care in the slightest. Mounts for everyone. I was pleased that the Alliance got theirs as well.

While I have an Alliance character, I don't own that version of the mount as I hardly play her and am not going to waste 100k on a mount that I won't use that can't even be added to my mount count (for achievements). That's all the Horde Chopper is to me, a +1 number for my achievement rank, like 75% of the mounts I own. The only bike of that sort that I use is the Mechano-Hog, on my engineer, which I made myself.

09/30/2016 11:02 AMPosted by Telsek
So the worm has turned! I do so recall all of the jeering and nose-thumbing coming from the Horde when the Alliance complained about how shady the whole vote was when conducted. "Suck it up!", they yelled. "Too bad!" "Get over it!"

It does indeed seem ironic that the "winners" are now wringing their hands over their prize. Or lack thereof.

Bottom line? I don't care. Go ahead, get a vendor set up and sell the Deathwheels for 100k a pop. These days that's chump change. What harm could it do? It's not like there aren't millions of them parked in Horde garages all over the place.

Just remember if another event comes along and you're tempted to cat-call... you may just end up eating crow.

You do realize that the OP wasn't even playing when this event happened? They're new to the game, have a Horde character, and want a Hordey-type mount. They weren't involved in any of the jeering or Alliance/Horde back-and-forth garbage that went on over this.

08/08/2016 08:16 PMPosted by Padrin
I'm still confused as to how the Horde "won", when the bike is no longer available, whereas the Alliance one is. What's the problem with making the Horde one avaliable again for 100k?

There are a few unfortunate legal obligations that have halted a release of the Horde's Deathwheel, from what I understand. Something about <insert legal jargon about prizing>.

I'll bring this up again next week and see if anything has changed since I last asked about this a few months back.

That... sucks. Legal crap like that really sucks. So the Alliance one gets to be available forever, but not the Horde one?
08/08/2016 08:16 PMPosted by Padrin
I'm still confused as to how the Horde "won", when the bike is no longer available, whereas the Alliance one is. What's the problem with making the Horde one avaliable again for 100k?

This kind of makes sense, but at the same time is kind of a slap in the face. I was considering coming back to the game during the time of the giveaway but it took me a couple weeks to make the decision to do it.

During that time I didn't receive any email marketing regarding the giveaway for this and I missed it entirely. I came back to the game a week or two after the giveaway ended only to find out that I was ineligible to receive one.

Huge slap in the face for me and I've been petitioning to try and get one ever since.

I really hope you guys release it again!

What would make the most sense is to sell it for 100,000g in Orgrimmar just like the Alliance one is handled.
Huh, that's crappy. Makes me not even want to use mine, given what it would represent to those who missed out. You'd think mighty Activision-Blizzard could chip in a little for the rights, eh?
09/28/2016 08:58 AMPosted by Fâe
You could just buy it on Alliance side and then use it on your horde characters. I have the deathwheel and whenever I play alliance (which is rarely long enough to even have a mount) it swaps over.

You are thinking of the normal choppers that you buy on the AH dude. (Mekiner's one or something)

This is Warlord's Deathwheel and whatever the other one is called, neither are sold in the AH or swap over on either factions.

REally? "Legal obligations"

Dude. Seriously. You advertise and sell FLYING mounts for CASH in your store.

Simply recolor one aspect of the Trike and be done with it. Sheesh.