So.. Any racial leaders for Orcs and Trolls??

Story Forum
Since Trall left the charge of warchief of the horde we havent seen any real leader for the orcs, and now that vol'jin is dead... who will take his place?

For the orcs I would go Varok Saurfang, trolls... I have no idea....
its been a time since we know Saurfang is becoming the new orc racial leader ( finally) but blizz didn't say nothing about troll leadership, seems they be with none until next expansion at least...
Saurfang is officially in Grommash Hold once you complete the post-Broken Shore quests and see Vol'jin's death.

So Saurfang is the leader of the orcs, officially.

Trolls, we have no idea.
Vol'jin has kids. Or had, cos one died.
08/09/2016 06:29 PMPosted by Vaethria
Saurfang is officially in Grommash Hold once you complete the post-Broken Shore quests and see Vol'jin's death.

Trolls, we have no idea.

Grommash Hold is still locked on my server, but besides that I don't think it makes him leader of the Orcs. He wasn't represented along with Baine or Lor'themar, or even Gallywix. I think he's just the guy in charge of Orgrimmar itself.

08/09/2016 07:17 PMPosted by Tÿvëk
Vol'jin has kids. Or had, cos one died.

????
08/09/2016 06:14 PMPosted by Fenix
Since Trall left the charge of warchief of the horde we havent seen any real leader for the orcs, and now that vol'jin is dead... who will take his place?

For the orcs I would go Varok Saurfang, trolls... I have no idea....

We don't get anything for them. Because "Horde Bias". It would be unfair to the Alliance players to give time to developing ANY Horde race, because of Theramore or something.

Trolls, we have no idea.

Grommash Hold is still locked on my server, but besides that I don't think it makes him leader of the Orcs. He wasn't represented along with Baine or Lor'themar, or even Gallywix. I think he's just the guy in charge of Orgrimmar itself.

In charge of Orgrimmar = Racial leader, by proxy. He's the new achievement for Alliance city raids: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=610/orgrimmar-offensive

Who the trolls get, we don't know. But Saurfang is now (finally) in charge of the orcs.
That one female druid lady, from taking back the Echo Isles had her own voice actor, maybe her? To rally the trolls?
Nazgrel would have been a fine Orc leader. He's not as old as Saurfang (allows him to keep the position longer and eventually become a durable Warchief), is a strong warrior, has experience in leadership (commanded the Horde in Outland) and is close to Thrall, which means that he mostly shares his vision and isn't a wild card like Garrosh. In our world, he could very well be the orcish establisment's candidate, which is good. The Orcs need to go back to Thrall's continuity, without Thrall necessary coming back. Nazgrel would be a good step in that direction.

As for the Darkspear, no major character remains. Vanira seemed to be Vol'jin's second in command so I guess she could be developed. It would also give the Horde another female leader besides Sylvanas and Lor'themar (I kid, I kid...).
I say the same thing in virtually every thread on this topic, but here it is for those who've not seen it before.

My first picks for leadership of the Darkspear would be Vanira and Master Gadrin.

Primarily, I'd push for Vanira, since we fought alongside her in Hyjal, and Darkspear characters also fought alongside her to defend the Echo Isles from the Naga. Her location in Darkspear Hold suggests she's either second-in-command of the Darkspear, or close to it. And lastly because she's already got her own voice actress.

Master Gadrin would be my second pick. Given that he was in charge of training witch doctors as far back as when the Darkspear Isles still existed, he's likely one of the oldest living witch doctors. He also seemingly ran Sen'jin Village, which would presumably give him some sort of experience in leading.
08/09/2016 09:31 PMPosted by Roxxemar
That one female druid lady, from taking back the Echo Isles had her own voice actor, maybe her? To rally the trolls?

Zen'tabra? Eh. Venira might be more likely, as it's established (as in, it's stated once) that she's second in command. But she hasn't shown up to do anything since Cataclysm. Zen'tabra's established to show up during Legion in the Druid line, at the very least.
My first choice would be Zuni.....but he's dead. After him I really don't have an opinion on this.
Trolls, we have no idea.

I can't even think of any other troll lore characters.

All the ones I know are dead.
Saurfang's the best Orc who ever Orced. He represents where they've come from and where they want to go.

Happy to have him at the helm.
zenkiki
In the Darkspear's latest hour of despair, they will turn to Zul.
08/09/2016 09:31 PMPosted by Roxxemar

She's more of a neutral given her close ties with the Cenarion Circle.

Personally my money is on Rokhan. He had more exposure than Vol'jin did during WCIII, and he seems to be a fan favorite because of that.

Blizzard never really utilized him in WoW though. A brief cameo in WotLK, and a more prominent (but still generic) role in WoD was all he got.

I could potentially see the devs picking him to be the next face of the Darkspear Tribe considering he's the 2nd best known Darkspear around.

Plus I could potentially see him tapping the keg at this year's Brewfest, since he was datamined for 7.0, and hasn't made an appearance anywhere as of yet.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=109480/rokhan

Or it could be a new character entirely. Garrosh was introduced in BC and look how big he got by Cataclysm, for example.
Rexxar's sidekick troll is the only one I can think of.
Rokhan though?
There won't be a troll racial leader. It's shocking that Blizzard even bothered to pick an orc racial leader.