Legion has spaceships: Cool or stupid?

Story Forum
So, we're basically being invaded with space ships.

How do we, as a mostly fantasy setting, feel about this?

I think it's kinda cool, and now I find myself wondering if these are Draenei ships or Titan based or what.
Warcraft has been a "sufficiently advanced technology" kind of fantasy universe since at least BC. The Eredar/Draenei have always had spaceships, and we see the Titans having incredibly advanced technology in Ulduar.
The "spaceships" actually make perfect sense for inter-dimensional invaders. We've seen in previous lore that building portals between worlds is hard. It also takes a really big portal to move strategically relevant numbers of troops. The spaceships act as mobile deployment platforms, allowing the Legion to quickly "grow" portal structures en mass in remote locations.

They allow the Legion to actually leverage their effectively infinite army. Without these portal ships, the invasion would look just like what we've seen in the past, i.e., demons pouring single file out of a few portals and the "invasion" collapses the moment the portals fail. The giant gate on the Broken Isles allowed the Legion to bring in their portal ships and kick off a REAL invasion.
They're pretty much the Legion's version of Tempest Keep. The only real difference is Tempest Keep is powered by arcane and the Legion ships are powered by souls.
I choose to believe that they are stupidly cool.
I kind of got the stupidly cool vibe too. I hope we get to crash at least one.

I tried to fly up to one of them and it bounced me back. :-\
So are they Titan designs or Eredar/Draenei designs?

I don't really see them being a product of any of the demons that are native to the Nether.
Draenei don't build deminsional ships, both Genedar and the Exodar were Naaru vessels that they used. They don't even fly them, the Naaru on board do, unless I'm horribly mistaken about O'ros' purpose.

Up until Legion the Naaru were the only ones shown capable of building deminsional vessels, though it's hardly surprising the Legion have their own.

What we need is a battle between Sha'tari controlled Tempest Keep fighting against the Legion destroyers!
When you look at Dalaran, it's not too hard to imagine the people of Azeroth building something similar.

08/10/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Netherblast
So are they Titan designs or Eredar/Draenei designs?

I don't really see them being a product of any of the demons that are native to the Nether.

The Mo'arg are the Legion's main engineers, so I'd credit them, though I could imagine that the "dimensional drive" component may be the work of the Eredar.
I like the space ships, and think it works in our setting. I also like the Chronicles of Riddick looking invasions going on right now as well.
08/10/2016 09:04 AMPosted by Audette
Warcraft has been a "sufficiently advanced technology" kind of fantasy universe since at least BC. The Eredar/Draenei have always had spaceships, and we see the Titans having incredibly advanced technology in Ulduar.

Do Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness count with the gyrocopters and the fact that you need oil to build ships?
08/10/2016 12:51 PMPosted by Oaglor
08/10/2016 09:04 AMPosted by Audette

Do Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness count with the gyrocopters and the fact that you need oil to build ships?

Don't forget the submarines!
i wantp three of them
It's just more stuff they're "borrowing" from Warhammer, while leaving out Bretonnian Knights to spite me.
The Reapers are here!
magitech is ok with me
That's actually one of my favorite parts. Keep in mind that we've never really dealt with a proper demonic invasion. This is what it looks like when the Legion comes for your world.
I think it's pretty much just entirely awesome.

It adds to the feeling of "holy sh!t are we outclassed here" when you see a portal ship in the sky above you raining felfire everywhere, and realise that everything happening during each zone invasion is from only one of those ships. And that they have countless more of them, and they're all capable of being sent to Azeroth, if we prove difficult.
08/11/2016 07:08 AMPosted by Dominus
That's actually one of my favorite parts. Keep in mind that we've never really dealt with a proper demonic invasion. This is what it looks like when the Legion comes for your world.

This is very true. This is a true invasion so it would make sense they use everything they have to take control. Air supremacy on Azeroth is a gigantic advantage.

Sure we have airships, zepplins, gyrocopters, etc...but a ship that flies in space and can warp in hordes of demons? That's some serious invasion strength right there.
I would be cool if we damaged one and forced it to land then had a raid where we infiltrate the ship and try and rescue a captured leaders. And we have Marines and a hot blue AI to help us along the way... no wait.....