Horde you scum........

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
TBH if you have a bone to pick, it should be with the writer's not the horde.

"Hai guys let's be edgy like GoT and kill everybody."
08/10/2016 03:36 AMPosted by Xenerat
Anyone else have flashbacks of Dragon Age: Origins during this scene? Everyone hates on Loghain but I still say he was protecting his troops from a suicide mission. Now everyone is gonna hate on Sylvannas but kinda seems like she was doing the same, had they stayed there they would have been killed....

I had the exact same thought! Loghain is still one of my favorite DA character, like Sylvanas is one of my favorite Warcraft character. I guess I'm a sucker for morally ambiguous commanders. All those flame threads also mirror perfectly the many ones I've seen on Bioware forums.

Though to be frank, the Loghain "betrayal" scene is way more open to interpretation that the Broken Shores. I don't even know why people !@#$ on Sylvanas for this specific thing, she just followed order.

The Legion played us, like they played us against Illidan. That's their thing. This battle was lost before even starting.
Okay so here is my question, if it was so hard down there why didn't you alliance withdraw when you saw Gul'dan summon everyone? Clearly the blitz task force we pulled together was immediately countered by overwhelming response.

The whole thing hitched on the concept of rushing in, knocking off Gul'dan s head, closing the portal then all heading to the Winchester for this all to blow over.
I am curious to why the strategy was "put every major military leader on both sides at the spread head of a battle with the Burning Legion". This wasn't some last ditch, all or nothing mission. It's, like, four minutes into the invasion and both faction leaders are dead. This is like Harry Truman and Winston Churchhill storming the beaches at Omaha.
Ugh, I hope Blizzard/Activision finds this all worth it, getting the Alliance players angry at Horde. This is just something I heard, so no confirmation, take it as you will, but the way the Broken Shore was done was to incite the faction war between the players, not just in game. Those who play Alliance only will think the Horde betrayed them, while the Horde are in a bad spot because they were forced to retreat and leave the Alliance and have to defend themselves.

Again, this is simply something I heard, has no confirmation, so take it with some salt. I'm honestly unsure because this is giving them too much credit, but who knows?
08/10/2016 04:29 AMPosted by Bearpunch
I am curious to why the strategy was "put every major military leader on both sides at the spread head of a battle with the Burning Legion". This wasn't some last ditch, all or nothing mission. It's, like, four minutes into the invasion and both faction leaders are dead. This is like Harry Truman and Winston Churchhill storming the beaches at Omaha.

Well first of all due to limitations of the genre Blizz shows armies as small parties and does a lot of time compression. If they made it 'realistic', you'd be at your screen for hours if not days.

Second, Blizz sucks at portraying rational strategy and tactics.
08/09/2016 11:30 PMPosted by Mordahn
08/09/2016 11:23 PMPosted by Valdrane

Passion is all well and good. Until it makes people stupid.

If these people had their way, we'd all be dead on that beachhead.

Honestly, in all these threads, all I see is a complete lack of common sense.............and trolls.

"You should have stayed and died! It doesn't matter that the Legion forces would have also then over whelmed us and we would have died too. But you guys had the audacity to use your heads and make a tactical retreat, thus ensuring the future of Azeroth."

Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Imperial thought of the day

Cowards die in shame. -Imperial thought of the day

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.---Sun Tzu

See, I can quote too.
08/09/2016 11:52 PMPosted by Eillesie
08/09/2016 11:33 PMPosted by Zenadiel

So you obviously didn't watch the Horde Cenimatic. We lost our warchief in the battle before you did. which would have broken morale for one, and second if you play the horde side we were surrounded on all sides. While the alliance was protected by us on their flank we had no one. So really honestly we had it worse than you. and the Thrall no thunder thing, if you read into lore you would know that due to him cheating during that duel the elements are not granting him as much power as he once had, which is also why he lost the Doomhammer.

You didn't either apparently. Played both sides of the shore multiple times. Horde was getting waves the same way the Alliance was, it wasn't from all sides. Vol'jin was critically wounded during the fight but actually lived long enough to make it back to Org. and crown Sylvanas. Also, Thrall specifically says in the enhancement artifact line "since he used it to kill Garrosh" nothing about cheating during a duel.

That is the same as cheating, the duel he challenged Garrosh too was a very holy weapons only duel. He was not allowed to use anything but a weapon during that duel, but he was losing. So he used the power of the elements in a duel he swore he wouldnt use them in.
is this real now? its a GAME jesus not real life...

Roleplayers BrokeBack
Can someone fill me in who died again????????
Alliance should be happy that the generic king anime-hair who came out of nowhere and nobody gave a damn actually died with a cool cutscene that made him cool.

Horde is filled with epic characters from warcraft 3 and earlier games, Alliance who has lost arthas and illidan has what? Anduim? LOL.
Anduin Wrynn in 2016 LUL
08/09/2016 08:09 PMPosted by Tadkins
We were also being hit a lot harder than the Alliance, and were in danger of being overrun.

It's easy to be judgmental on the sidelines.

"On the sidelines"... as Horde literally stands on the sidelines of that battle.

lmao.
So many people in this thread taking this way too seriously lol #PlayBothSides
https://imgur.com/a/3dk3G
The Legion is the only true enemy.
Now look Alliance. Sorry about your king and all, but we lost good trolls too. I mean look at poor Vol'jin, barely made 1 expac before being killed off. (boy you really DON'T want to be Horde warchief lately)

When you have 3 UnH DK's, 2 Locks and 4 Hunters all doing OVER 1 MILLION DPS according to Scada during that Scenario, then you can come complain about still wiping.

Hmmm... come to think about it....

<Looks real HARD at those Hunters>
Armchair quarterbacks; what would combat be without them? lol

Horde was on the ridge, right? When the Legion started climbing up their backsides, what were their options?

a. A suicide leap off the ridge; or,
b. Turn and fight the Legion to the last man; or,
c. Withdraw, lick their wounds, and fight another day.

Both options a. and b. would have left the ridge in the Legion's possession, and a severe loss of manpower for the overall fight against the Legion. Alliance would have been all alone in the coming battles with a boy-king at the head of their army.

Option c. left the Horde pretty much in tact, it's Warchief dying and needing to pass the mantle on to one of the other Horde leaders. They would still be available to fight with the Alliance against the Legion in future battles.

Now, none of the three options would have resulted in anything different for the Alliance and Varian. Options a. and b. would have forced the Alliance to continue the fight alone, facing head-on attacks from the front AND Legion firepower from above. There would have been no Horde to provide any support at all either in that battle or any battles to come. Option c. is the only viable option for continuing the fight by BOTH factions against the Legion.

Varian died. Boo-hoo. So did Vol'jin.
08/10/2016 04:57 AMPosted by Erlyvianne
Ugh, I hope Blizzard/Activision finds this all worth it, getting the Alliance players angry at Horde. This is just something I heard, so no confirmation, take it as you will, but the way the Broken Shore was done was to incite the faction war between the players, not just in game. Those who play Alliance only will think the Horde betrayed them, while the Horde are in a bad spot because they were forced to retreat and leave the Alliance and have to defend themselves.

Again, this is simply something I heard, has no confirmation, so take it with some salt. I'm honestly unsure because this is giving them too much credit, but who knows?

That's good then. A little research will show that there were myriad players posting, right here in General Discussion, about the watering down of the conflict between the Alliance and Horde. If the storyline for the full xpac follows anywhere close to the storyline for the invasion scenario, that level of conflict will be restored mosh sukoshi. Alliance and Horde are only supposed to work together when facing a common enemy; otherwise, they're supposed to be at each others' throats. That's the whole premise behind this game's PvP option.

I'm glad to see it happening.
#PlayedBothSides #SylvanasWasRight #SorryVarian #FarewellFordring

Tiron was the worst loss suffered that day. :(