Jaina = Dreadlord Is there any legit hints?

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
I am serious is there any in game evidence or extra canonical lore evidence from books and comics that suggest that Jaina is not doing these things of her own will after the Bombing of Theramore and is actually either is a Dreadlord or is possessed by a Dreadlord?

Or is this all just some joke this community likes to poke fun at.
I dunno...did they ever explain her white hair?
08/10/2016 02:09 PMPosted by Netherblast

I think its a concequence of getting caught by the mana explosion.

Side-effects from the Mana-bomb.

It was the influence of the slivers of Arcane Energy that managed to seep through the portal that Rhonin shoved her into a splitsecond before the mana bomb obliterated Theramore.
08/10/2016 02:10 PMPosted by Mythlos

It was the influence of the slivers of Arcane Energy that managed to seep through the portal that Rhonin shoved her into a splitsecond before the mana bomb obliterated Theramore.

Well there you go.

Clearly she got swapped with a Dreadlord imposter during that portal.

Our Jaina...NEVER CAME BACK. MWAHAHAHAAHAHAA
The only hint, as far as I know, is her highly aggressive attitude. Which, I mean... If you were a dreadlord, you would be far better off manipulating the Alliance and the Horde into a cooperation situation like the Wrath Gate, then using a manipulated third party to destroy them both.

Wait...

PUTRESS WAS A DREADLORD!
08/10/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Arbalyst
The only hint, as far as I know, is her highly aggressive attitude. Which, I mean... If you were a dreadlord, you would be far better off manipulating the Alliance and the Horde into a cooperation situation like the Wrath Gate, then using a manipulated third party to destroy them both.

Wait...

PUTRESS WAS A DREADLORD!

Well he was allied with a Dreadlord (Varimathras)
Usually the ONLY sign someone is a Dreadlord is the offer crap advice. Like "Don't attack the Legion, attack the only army left who is attacking the Legion."
No. Jaina is a woman who has seen everything she believes in destroyed and has undergone serious emotional trauma because of it. This is a woman who believed in peace with the Horde so much that she was willing to sacrifice her father to it. Willing to form a deep friendship with the only other person on the opposing side who shared her beliefs. She then spent years struggling to build peace with his people, ignoring doubts and advice from others who questioned her.

She then watched that friend leave the Horde to a warrior who despised her faction, who then attacked her allies on the continent. She then watched that same side attack her city which she built to shelter survivors of a ruined kingdom and destroy it with a medieval fantasy equivalent of an A-bomb.

She tried going completely neutral only to have the faction that she kept trying to make peace with take advantage of that neutrality to smuggle magical artifacts to that same warrior who hated her people. She finally lost her cool and went too far, and now people claim she's a dread lord.
08/10/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Tinxie
No. Jaina is a woman who has seen everything she believes in destroyed and has undergone serious emotional trauma because of it. This is a woman who believed in peace with the Horde so much that she was willing to sacrifice her father to it. Willing to form a deep friendship with the only other person on the opposing side who shared her beliefs. She then spent years struggling to build peace with his people, ignoring doubts and advice from others who questioned her.

She then watched that friend leave the Horde to a warrior who despised her faction, who then attacked her allies on the continent. She then watched that same side attack her city which she built to shelter survivors of a ruined kingdom and destroy it with a medieval fantasy equivalent of an A-bomb.

She tried going completely neutral only to have the faction that she kept trying to make peace with take advantage of that neutrality to smuggle magical artifacts to that same warrior who hated her people. She finally lost her cool and went too far, and now people claim she's a dread lord.

Exactly.

And if you look at the events of Mists there was barely any Legion influances or references.
08/10/2016 02:06 PMPosted by Argronak

Mostly this, in the Horde's attempts to compare a hero like Jaina to an abhorrent war criminal like Sylvanas.
Most of the alliance at the broken shore saw what the horde did as a betrayal, so her attitude is fine especially after all she has suffered because of the horde in the last few expansion. Same with Genn. They are angry about the loss of Varian and without any more information they just see the horde retreat as soon as Varian relies on them to clear the sky.

She's not a dreadlord, she is just angry like most of the alliance who were at the broken shore and has already suffered a lot of loss and betrayal because of the horde.
08/10/2016 02:44 PMPosted by Healstime
Most of the alliance at the broken shore saw what the horde did as a betrayal, so her attitude is fine especially after all she has suffered because of the horde in the last few expansion. Same with Genn. They are angry about the loss of Varian and without any more information they just see the horde retreat as soon as Varian relies on them to clear the sky.

She's not a dreadlord, she is just angry like most of the alliance who were at the broken shore and has already suffered a lot of loss and betrayal because of the horde.

I am just worried that Blizzard might take this whole joke seriously and actually make her either a Dreadlord in disguise or possessed by one.
08/10/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Argronak
08/10/2016 02:44 PMPosted by Healstime

I am just worried that Blizzard might take this whole joke seriously and actually make her either a Dreadlord in disguise or possessed by one.

Haha. No, I doubt that.

There is, however, a very dangerous chance that she could be tricked by a dreadlord. Imagine her in Karazhan instead of Khadgar during his Harbingers episode...

I'm pretty sure we'd all be dead.
08/10/2016 02:54 PMPosted by Arbalyst
08/10/2016 02:47 PMPosted by Argronak

Haha. No, I doubt that.

There is, however, a very dangerous chance that she could be tricked by a dreadlord. Imagine her in Karazhan instead of Khadgar during his Harbingers episode...

To be fair it is better way to utilize that Dreadlord concept then make her a Dreadlord herself.
08/10/2016 03:14 PMPosted by Argronak
08/10/2016 02:54 PMPosted by Arbalyst
Haha. No, I doubt that.

To be fair it is better way to utilize that Dreadlord concept then make her a Dreadlord herself.

It would be, but I really don't want Jaina as a raid boss ;_;
08/10/2016 02:24 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Usually the ONLY sign someone is a Dreadlord is the offer crap advice. Like "Don't attack the Legion, attack the only army left who is attacking the Legion."

So you're saying Genn or Anduin is a dreadlord?

You know, I think it would be awesome if one of their extra-lore comics was a complete fake-out.
I am serious is there any in game evidence or extra canonical lore evidence from books and comics that suggest that Jaina is not doing these things of her own will after the Bombing of Theramore and is actually either is a Dreadlord or is possessed by a Dreadlord?

She was around Demon Hunters they didn't sense demons in her
08/10/2016 03:18 PMPosted by Syldilea

She was around Demon Hunters they didn't sense demons in her

Surely they are going to do something about that, or else Spectral sight is going to be a game breaker.