Warden Password

Story Forum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOi078QTZg

So one thing I noticed from the 2nd DH cinematic on MMO-Champion was it looked like that Maiev had her base password protected. Now the Tomb of Sargeras audio drama revealed that Cordana was one of hers and Maiev was well aware of Cordana's new allegiance.

As such I find myself wondering why didn't Maiev change the password?
Caput Draconis.
You know how it is. Once you change the password, you have to send out emails to everyone in the office reminding them to write it down but they never !@#$ing do it, so you go into work next Monday morning and find out that the database has locked out half of the employees. Then you have to wait for the IT guy to take his sweet time getting to work and listen to his smug speeches about how this wouldn't be a problem if the company switched to his preferred operating system but you can't fire him because he slipped on a banana peel several years ago and he'll sue you for unlawful termination if you do it. Meanwhile you have your boss breathing down your neck about how much money the company is losing every minute until you finally reset all of the systems and you tell yourself that you're just not going to change the password this time, security vulnerabilities be damned.
!@#$in' users, man.
08/09/2016 09:21 PMPosted by Gornur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOi078QTZg

So one thing I noticed from the 2nd DH cinematic on MMO-Champion was it looked like that Maiev had her base password protected. Now the Tomb of Sargeras audio drama revealed that Cordana was one of hers and Maiev was well aware of Cordana's new allegiance.

As such I find myself wondering why didn't Maiev change the password?

I would guess that the passphrase can't be changed, not without completely redoing whatever enchantment/blessing/whatever it is on the door and possibly even swapping out the door itself.
08/09/2016 11:32 PMPosted by Scryll
I would guess that the passphrase can't be changed, not without completely redoing whatever enchantment/blessing/whatever it is on the door and possibly even swapping out the door itself.

Scryll has the correct answer. Rekeying a magical door is a huge pain. We're talking a minimum of four months worth of full moons to soak ensorcelled masonry in charged moonwell water. That's not even going into how expensive it is to hire mage contractors (assuming you can't do the spellwork alone or are too busy) plus all their union rules (I blame the Kirin Tor for abolishing unpaid apprenticeships).

Just ask the Dwarves of Middle Earth. Those guys had such a problem with people forgetting the password, they literally wrote the password on the doorframe rather than change it to something everyone could remember.