Please change Invasion XP back

General Discussion
There are less people doing invasions now so they are taking more time to complete. I don't have more time to play the game, combined I'm getting less xp.

So thanks for killing the fun there Blizzard.
08/16/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Landore
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just like before the invasions were a thing?
That makes zero sense....

Before invasions Dungeons was the most fast way and now it is once again. This event (while some afked) gave others something new to do.

Now the rewards are pointless and so is the XP. So its ether back to Dungeon spam until the 30th or just stop playing.

I really feel the nerf to dungeons before and the nerf to invasions now is so people rather spend $60 for a boosted token then to play the game.

I'm leveling a 72 Paladin right now. Wearing looms save for rings I bring in 33k a 15 minute stage. I can't even fly around Northrend zones in 15 minutes and acquire that much experience. Hell I can't even complete a dungeon in 15 minutes and get 33k from it. Granted it's close, but by time you put your time in the queue these invasions are still the easiest flipping way to gain exp. In roughly 45 minutes if that depending on time of day I've brought in over 100k exp. Again, you can't quest and bring that much in. Let alone dungeon like that with dps queue times.

*edited* mistake caught by another poster. Fixed.
Change it back -

FUN DETECTED, FUN REMOVED is not a good tagline you want attributed to your company...
You can't afk in dungeons ;-)
08/16/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Lurianar
The thing is that the buff actively encourage lower level to AFK level more than anything else.

By lowering the XP reward per event, leveling players will not bother clearing the same thing over and over. Shards, contrarily to max-level characters prior to pre-invasion, does not have the same worth for leveling alts. Chests and stages take care to reward these shards, which mean that at any rate, doing 90 to 100 while AFK will reward you with a complete set of gear for minimal efforts.

While I understand the XP nerf has been put in place to engage leveling players in events (clear them faster, get more XP), you end up doing the opposite by making it less efficient than spamming dungeons.

You would be better to allow a maximum of two or three events to reward XP per four hours with the old rate rather than clear all six with the current one.

In any case, I don't have alts to level. Just an observation.

Wrong... I'm now encouraged to use a flight master to get to the locations... then AFK while I watch netflix all evening. Before I at least had incentive to do them as fast as possible to move on to another alt.

If its about AFKers make the 2nd and 4th stage bosses require tagging to get credit for completing.
08/16/2016 01:00 PMPosted by Davidian
Now I'm not sure how to feel. Are people screaming DOOOOOOOOM!!! and it's actually okay or what?

It's faster to quest than it is to use the invasions because of how drastically they lowered the XP amount.
08/16/2016 01:47 PMPosted by Ghostmaster
08/16/2016 11:31 AMPosted by Cantz

Just like before the invasions were a thing?

And that's a problem.

If they are going to introduce something that is limited time and supposed to hype us all up for Legion then it should be something worth doing.

Right now it isn't. I don't have a Lv100 because I stopped playing after Wrath ended, so if I want to do anything even remotely related to Legion I need to Lv at least 80-100, but in reality I have to do 1-100 because I don't want to play the same old character again. So I can either grind like crazy with time I don't have to reach 100, or not buy Legion. Or Blizzard can up the XP gain from invasions, not necessarily to the crazy levels of yesterday, but 30-40% up from what it is now, and I can hopefully hit 100 a bit before launch.
Whether I am going to buy the expac is pretty much in Blizz's hands right now.

This makes 0 sense.

Purchasing the expansion gives you a level 100.

The fact you haven't even done content past wrath means it would be new and exciting, unlike the rest of us with our 8 100's that are rerolling for legion, and don't want to re-re-re-re-re-re do content for the bajillionth time.
I was enjoying leveling my rogue thru invasions, now that the xp has been nerfed, its not worth it anymore. I was looking forward to leveling more alts in the coming weeks. Now , with the XP changes, that won't happen, I won't be at invasions anymore.
Blizzard, your logic of, "there's more invasions , so we nerfed the xp", is akin to saying, look , we're going to pay you 4 dollars less an hour, but were going to give you the option of working 10hours overtime.
08/16/2016 02:35 PMPosted by Tymber
leveling a 72 Paladin

can't even fly around Hellfire in 15 minutes and acquire that much experience

Considering you should be in northrend, that's to be expected.
08/16/2016 02:30 PMPosted by Franzybank
I think Invasions SHOULD be the only way to level while the event is active. Think about it, lore wise would we be back in time fighting the scourge? Rather than protecting Azeroth from Invasions.

It's also encouraging old 'retired' adventurers(abandoned toons) to take up arms and defend Azeroth from evil once more.

Exactly.
Honestly, every cap level character you have on a given server should provide a stacking 100% boost to leveling alts on that same server. Every time after the first time you've plowed through the same old content then would go faster, and none of the d-bags griping about "putting the work in" to a damn game could say jack, because you would have already done it once.
08/16/2016 02:40 PMPosted by Avelissa
leveling a 72 Paladin

can't even fly around Hellfire in 15 minutes and acquire that much experience

You're right on that mark but it still stands. The exp still stays the same, roughly 12k a quest. I can't fly around gather 8 quests do them all and then turn them all in before I'm already in stage 2 or 3 of my invasion. Thank you for the correction of my mistake. But you only danced around the obvious fact these things still give more conventional exp than a dungeon or questing.
It looks like it was around 1 and a half levels for doing 2 invasions last week. Now its about 20% of a level for doing 2 invasions. That's a HUGE nerf to xp and basically makes these invasions pointless now from a leveling aspect.
I'm going to just lay down the facts. People who AFK do it, because they want to, and the blame they place on Blizzard is just a cop out in order to give reason for an action they would normally otherwise feel guilty for.

The people who AFK are going to AFK whether or not the xp has taken a hit. The invasion since last tuesday has probably ran through about a 100 cycles by now, and most folks are burned out with the repetition. No need to feel guilty and create a scapegoat to justify ones actions. Simply admit and own up to ones action, and say "I Afk because I want to Afk."
Prior to today this was a fun diversion. One could seriously level a character just with this event.

I just ran 2 scenarios. it took almost twice as much time as the same 2 scenarios before (because half the folks doing them seem to have rage quit) and granted about a third the XP.

Now this has become tedious. That is not an improvement.

I would MUCH rather see more XP granted from kills to encourage participation. Dying over and over to a boss's one-shots to get 6 XP for it is not productive. My lowbie trying to solo a single enemy to have a 100 run by and tag it so I get only 6 XP is not productive.

Upgrade the mob XP so we can feel like we are accomplishing something by DOING the event. Otherwise I can see more and more people abandoning it.
08/16/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Kejunwen
I'm going to just lay down the facts. People who AFK do it, because they want to, and the blame they place on Blizzard is just a cop out in order to give reason for an action they would normally otherwise feel guilty for.

The people who AFK are going to AFK whether or not the xp has taken a hit. The invasion since last tuesday has probably ran through about a 100 cycles by now, and most folks are burned out with the repetition. No need to feel guilty and create a scapegoat to justify ones actions. Simply admit and own up to ones action, and say "I Afk because I want to Afk."

AA (afkers anonymous)
08/16/2016 02:52 PMPosted by Tymber
08/16/2016 02:40 PMPosted by Avelissa

You're right on that mark but it still stands. The exp still stays the same, roughly 12k a quest. I can't fly around gather 8 quests do them all and then turn them all in before I'm already in stage 2 or 3 of my invasion. Thank you for the correction of my mistake. But you only danced around the obvious fact these things still give more conventional exp than a dungeon or questing.

And it's a one time world event for 3 weeks in the history of the game.

You want to do the same quests and same dungeon the 497th time or kick legion in the netherballs?

I want to see all the class halls in legion. I was leveling the last classes I needed to 100 pre-invasion. With the good xp I was able to: Do invasions, do LFD while waiting for the CD, then kill more demons. Now it's the same crap that's been going for the last year and really quite boring again.

Real world events are meant to be special, not just a repeatable quest that doesn't pay worth crap.
Really great sign for your new expansion, same team making the same mistakes by overnerfing fun things. So much for hope.
Well they're going to see a lot of servers overrun with legion because no one will bother fighting them.

Yesterday it took no more than 15 minutes to clear an invasion. Today, they're running upward of 40 minutes each. There are now three simultaneous invasions over a 2 hr period, instead of the 2 over a 4 hr period, but the experience for each phase has been nerfed by 50% or more. Fewer players are participating and soon no one will bother.

Legion mobs will run rampant over the next 14 days and instead of more player participation, there will be significantly less.

Azeroth will probably be vacant next week.

If it's broke, don't fix it, but Blizzard never learns.
More invasions. Same Formula. R.I.P.