Invasion XP Nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
I literally brought a double 300% exp toon to one of the first invasions that got hit by the 'nerf'.

Holy crap that felt inanely unrewarding. Not gonna risk dying to the 1 hits again, gonna sit in town and grind my global pet battles because it's the lesser of the other evil that is infinite dungeon finder grinding.

Atop the garrison/ content dailies that I'm required to do for WOD, I cannot stomach having to do a flight path grind to level my other alts. They'll eventually hit 100.

By then legion may hit and I can finally start having fun playing the other characters that look interesting to me after my favorite healing main received too many changes for me to find fun to play.
08/16/2016 11:04 AMPosted by Xerren
I'm level 90 and I got like 15k exp per stage. Is this even worth it any more?
It's still good for 1-2 characters if you can do all 3 every time.
Goodbye, Demon invasions, you were fun while you lasted. I was in the camp of this being one of the best prevents since Wrath. Now? Since you pretty much killed any reason to keep doing them, turnout has already plummeted.
I'm still waiting 15 minutes later for the Demon Lord to die.
i thought they did this so we could lvl up all classes and enjoy all the new content on the class halls, looks like i was mistaken... sad i wont finish lvling my alts with the dungeon spamming.
To those asking if its worth it, consider how much xp you get a quest, and compare it to the amount per invasion stage. Since the stages typically take longer than a quest, the obvious answer is they are no longer worth it unless you want to be lazy.

However, with the harsh nerf to xp, this will make less people do the invasions making them take longer to complete. Which is a bit !@# backwards since they just increased the rate of invasions. So basically. Unless you really want to farm gear for alts that will only have it for a couple weeks at best. Invasions are totally pointless.

So even the lazy alt levelers wont realistically be able to level that way cause no one will be doing the invasions.
I just don't get this community forum. It's the wrong place to ask for something when the forum has a split personality.

I'll see a post with several thumbs up. Talking about how leveling is too easy and to buff quests.

Now we have several people complaing about a nerf to afk and free leveling faster over all content wow offers.

You're basically bottling by sitting there afk. Watching twitch or maybe tweeting to people how easy WoW is to level now.

You can still afk and get free levels now with the nerf.

????? Complain much ??????
08/16/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Voidmalign
08/16/2016 10:30 AMPosted by Amati
Hmm, let me get this straight. Invasion exp was halved, but there are 3 invasions every 2 hours now? If that's true, doesn't it work out to be better in the same period?

Say you did 2 invasions for 200k apiece every 4 hours. That's 400k exp in a 4 hour period.
Now you do 3 invasions for 100k apiece every 2 hours. That's 600k in a 4 hour period.

Do I have some incorrect information?

This is true, but during those 4 hours you could do both active invasions on multiple alts. I was doing about 4 alts per 4 hours easily so 1600k exp on my account per 4 hours. Now you can only really focus on one toon (600k per 4 hours) and if lucky scrape one invasion before the next lot pops on a second alt (200k per 4) due to them taking about 20 min not including travel time. So about 800-900k exp account wide now depending on how fast you can get there

This is really it. If you're only leveling one class, this might be better for you. But for those of us trying to level our alts, this is a massive nerf. I could get through all 8 my leveling alts in one four hour period doing one invasion only. It took about 15 minutes for each invasion, so that was perfect.

Now, invasions take 20-30 minutes or more, not counting travel time. So in 3 hours I might get 1 alt through 3, considering travel time. So that is literally a massive nerf to account-wide XP.

In every game I have played open world quest content, this is the death spiral. As long as people show up, content is vibrant. As soon as there aren't enough people, content because dreary, fewer people show up, content takes longer, fewer people show up, content reward doesn't justify time to do it, fewer people show up. Then, no one does.

By tomorrow, invasions will be dead.
08/16/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Bomdanil
So much for having a reason to bring alts to this.
So much for a reason to do them period.
08/16/2016 11:09 AMPosted by Mahlazer
To those asking if its worth it, consider how much xp you get a quest, and compare it to the amount per invasion stage. Since the stages typically take longer than a quest, the obvious answer is they are no longer worth it unless you want to be lazy.

However, with the harsh nerf to xp, this will make less people do the invasions making them take longer to complete. Which is a bit !@# backwards since they just increased the rate of invasions. So basically. Unless you really want to farm gear for alts that will only have it for a couple weeks at best. Invasions are totally pointless.

So even the lazy alt levelers wont realistically be able to level that way cause no one will be doing the invasions.

Yep, from 22k to 5.2k on my Level 29(Now 30) Troll Druid. That's less than I get for a quest.
08/16/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Smashy

Just finished one that took about an hour, you won't be getting all of them done on one character let alone two.
Yea no real point in doing invasions anymore unless im gonna afk an alt for warforge upgrades. Not touching them now.
I will admit I'll miss getting free XP, but it's for the better. You shouldn't gain levels without even playing.
It may be the fact that people are also doing the new quests as they just came out, but I definitely see Invasions being barren in the coming days due to this nerf.
08/16/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Commutator
08/16/2016 11:08 AMPosted by Smashy

Just finished one that took about an hour, you won't be getting all of them done on one character let alone two.
An hour? Well there goes my idea...
seems weird that its nerfed now considering this tweet https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/764457048931053569
08/16/2016 11:03 AMPosted by Zedaria
08/16/2016 10:13 AMPosted by Eckoes
The increased the spawns of invasions though. Probably same overall exp, just takes more invasions to get to it.

Well yeah, and if they cut dungeon xp by half, is that really a nerf? I mean, if you do twice as many dungeons, you'll get the same amount of xp, so it's basically the same thing.

Plus I don't have double the time to play.
This is just so so stupid. No one is even gonna make them now. This just ruins everyone's fun, those who enjoyed the invasions and those who enjoyed the exp. Holy crap just what the hell are Blizzard devs thinking.
Hey all,

We see that this has been noticed already, but for more clarity - the frequency of invasions has been tripled, and you will have more invasions to participate in throughout the day. To compensate for this, we have reduced XP awarded for each individual invasion.

Remember that as we move closer to the launch of Legion, you can expect an increased Legion presence in both numbers and cadence as their invasion grows stronger.

See you on the battlefield!
08/16/2016 11:11 AMPosted by Araiel
I will admit I'll miss getting free XP, but it's for the better. You shouldn't gain levels without even playing.

Yeah why not run the same dungeons another 20 times each :)