Game randomly freezes / stops responding

Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
I was playing fine this morning and came home from work and this is now happening???
Amd + wow = dont pay for wow anymore
I have a NVidia gforce so that isn't the problem
Happened again. Here's the error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Wow-64.exe
Application Version: 7.0.3.22423
Application Timestamp: 57ace780
Hang Signature: 60aa
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 60aa2b198278ff8d483048550cc11da3
Additional Hang Signature 2: 0aa4
Additional Hang Signature 3: 0aa49f912745f16fc6412573f10d2af4
Additional Hang Signature 4: 60aa
Additional Hang Signature 5: 60aa2b198278ff8d483048550cc11da3
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0aa4
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0aa49f912745f16fc6412573f10d2af4

Thanks in advance for all of your help, blues.
08/16/2016 08:19 PMPosted by Glorindal
08/13/2016 09:50 AMPosted by Probability
NOTE: THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE FREEZES WHEN LOGGING INTO FIRST CHAR FOR THE DAY.

4 years of WoW on this computer, never had this problem before 7.0.
I am a ways above the minimum requirements.

- Game will sometimes freeze/crash without error message from WoW itself.
- Thought it may be addons but still occurs with them disabled.
- Reinstalled and problem randomly persists.
- Sometimes go days without a freeze, sometimes only 30 mins.
- Settings are low as possible but still happens.
- Can't force it to freeze, not even during laggy invasions with hundreds of players on the screen wherein I've never once had a freeze. (aka seemingly not RAM related, have 8 gigs anyway)
- Mostly happens in Garrison when just moving around (perhaps because I spend so much time there), but has happened during dungeons and out in the world as well.
- Has never frozen while alt-tabbed or afk/idle, I must be in the game and moving my character.
- Nothing else on my computer has this problem, no programs or games freezing.
- Drivers are up to date etc.
- 6.* WoD ran flawlessly, as have all prior expansions.

Any ideas? Was hoping to heal all Legion long but don't want to risk letting groups down with random freezes, even if it only takes me ~30 seconds to reload WoW and hop back on my char.

Although WoW doesn't give me an error message, here is the "windows program stopped responding" error message details:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Wow-64.exe
Application Version: 7.0.3.22423
Application Timestamp: 57ace780
Hang Signature: 60aa
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 60aa2b198278ff8d483048550cc11da3
Additional Hang Signature 2: 654b
Additional Hang Signature 3: 654bc8f6d957862e4c75cc93070654d4
Additional Hang Signature 4: 60aa
Additional Hang Signature 5: 60aa2b198278ff8d483048550cc11da3
Additional Hang Signature 6: 654b
Additional Hang Signature 7: 654bc8f6d957862e4c75cc93070654d4

Please help if you can! Really looking forward to Legion!

Edit: To specify, I'm not talking about the 4-6 mini freezes everyone's getting after login. When I get a freeze (aside from those login ones) it is always terminal.

Same issue here as well. It happens mostly in Garrison while just moving around or cecking mail. But it happens everywhere at any time from 1x a day to 5 x a day. Never had this problem until about 3-4 weeks ao.

Yes! This is the EXACT issue I am facing. So there are at least 3 of us now with an identical issue. And again it's amazing how I can completely stress my system with hundreds of players and spell effects on my screen and I'm fine, but I walk 3 steps in my garrison or explore an isolated zone and the game freezes.

Appreciate the head's up. I think blues were given a gag order on commenting on this issue, or at least that's what's self-evident so far, but hopefully we can find enough of us to flag down one that may not have yet read the memo.
08/16/2016 09:00 PMPosted by Valkærie
I have a NVidia gforce so that isn't the problem

Hi valk! You may have just saved me $70 on buying an NVidia, lol.

Could you elaborate on your problem? We've had several people in this thread that mentioned other problems because they hadn't really read the OP and only read the title. Let us know if you get the chance, and sorry for your troubles.
I am having a similar issue. My game locks up/freezes upon the first login when I start up the game. Happens with and without addons. Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970.
Would have loved some blue input by now....... problem hasnt fixed itself ive done everything listed on every forum i can find and nothing helps

AMD LOCKS UP WOW FIX IT PLEASE BEFORE LEGION!!!!!
Yea!!!! Hat trick 3 times in one day... 1500 computer and i lock up on a 12 year old game this is exactly how i expected my life to end up lol
So a question for you did anyone notice this only happens on dh? and when they come out if they wait it out they get INVALID TARGET on everything even valid targets until you restart
Im at around 7 times today I dont really know what to do at this point gonna give until launch and then resign from raid leading and cancel subscription i think. Not going to be the reason why my guild can't push content
08/17/2016 08:13 PMPosted by Robustamonk
Im at around 7 times today I dont really know what to do at this point gonna give until launch and then resign from raid leading and cancel subscription i think. Not going to be the reason why my guild can't push content

Hey again Robustamonk, really sorry it's sucking that hard for ya.

I was going to post in a couple days when I know for sure but I think I found a fix. Or at least I didn't crash once today, which has happened other times and is why I wanted to wait longer before saying for sure, but with how much you're crashing you can help me test this.

First off - Are you using Firefox?
If yes, go to Tools -> Options,
and then Advanced -> General,
and uncheck the box which says "Use hardware acceleration when available."
Then close and restart Firefox.

This seeming is working for me so far, and it fixed other problems with my computer that I didn't realize I was having (like Photoshop used to take a minute to load, now it's instant). The thing about hardware acceleration in a browser is that it taps into your vid card's power, and 7.0 of WoW is for some reason tapping the same parts at the same time and causing a conflict.

If you don't have Firefox, try restarting your computer and just not opening whatever browser you usually use, and play WoW without any browser open in another tab.

Let me know if you're still crashing. I hope this works for you. (I also hope this continues to work for me, but so far so good.)

First off - Are you using Firefox?
If yes, go to Tools -> Options,
and then Advanced -> General,
and uncheck the box which says "Use hardware acceleration when available."
Then close and restart Firefox.

I tried this, but it turns out I already have that option disabled. I'm running an Nvidia card GTX 970 and I do get some mini-freezes and sometimes a whole full freeze which I need to force close the game. Now when I click on "play" on the launcher, the game does not actually start. Nothing launches!
did you all install the windows 10 AU update and/or did this start after a windows update? if so that specific update may be whats causing your problem, especially if you have the OS on one drive and all your data on the other. just spent a week messing around/reinstalling everything. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-may-freeze-after-installing-the/5a60d75d-120a-4502-873c-8bfec65c82d0?page=1 seems to have some work arounds if that is your setup
08/17/2016 08:15 AMPosted by Ankzu
I am having a similar issue. My game locks up/freezes upon the first login when I start up the game. Happens with and without addons. Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970.

Same for Me - GTX760/WIN7. I've been dealing with this since the prelaunch. I have been able to play about 2 days. I went as far as factory reset/reinstalling game. Crashed again this morning - ddu/reinstalled latest Nvidia driver 372.54. Immediate crash/error dump file in Wow Error folder. Ive tried 3 or 4 times to log in today- each time I crash.
This is not "just" an AMD problem. I have this problem on Intel Skylake + Nvidia GEForce GTX (and Windows 10).

Driving me insane.
Howdy All!

Freezing and Apphangs can be caused by a large amount of different variables. We do not have a major known issue causing the game to freeze at the moment, though this thread as made some links between hardware vendors that is still a bit broad. This issue can be caused from corrupted/old drivers, third party conflicts to memory and harddisk errors as our Lockup and Crash Error page Here covers.

It's important to create a baseline by doing these steps and running the proper tests. If the issue continues make sure to collect your MSinfo and Dxdiag to submit a ticket to our customer service team here.
Same problems I am having. Video locking up... NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 4GB RAM. Shouldn't be having this problem.
08/18/2016 09:09 AMPosted by Zuvykree
Howdy All!

Freezing and Apphangs can be caused by a large amount of different variables. We do not have a major known issue causing the game to freeze at the moment, though this thread as made some links between hardware vendors that is still a bit broad. This issue can be caused from corrupted/old drivers, third party conflicts to memory and harddisk errors as our Lockup and Crash Error page [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/577"] Here [/url] covers.

It's important to create a baseline by doing these steps and running the proper tests. If the issue continues make sure to collect your [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/200581"]MSinfo and Dxdiag[/url] to submit a ticket to our customer service team [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/158/160/solution"]here[/url].

Sorry if this sounds snarky, but is Blizz not reading the forums, because it sounds like you do have a very well known problem . I myself have posted on this, as have many other. Ever since the Legion pre-patch, myself and many, many others have been getting these disconnects and freezing issues.

Your response is actually very frustrating to hear. It seems as though Blizzard is ignorant of the issue, isn't publicly admitting there is a problem, or is just ignoring us. Any of those scenarios is troubling, especially for someone like me who is considering getting back into the game.
Hey all, just putting my 2 cents in, it's not any of your equipment.
I just got this laptop in March, Windows 10, Intel Core i3, 4 Ram, not a hot rod video card.
Been playing WoW for years, love it but noticed the same thing is happening for me since 7...latency is fine, fps bogs out to freezing for seconds.
Trying to fight the legion invasions is next to impossible.
I'm also in Hawaii and never saw something like this before with my internet connection soooo... gotta be on Blizzard's end.
Hope it's fixed soon! :)