Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
OHHHhhHhHh no... Now I have to go change my robes. Thanks.
So excited!!!

and this isnt even the new small raid between the bigger ones.

So hyped!
I foresee this playing out just like ZG 5 man did. People will be exciting, then realize by updating it to a 5 man it ruins all their nostalgia.

Hopefully they remove 3/4 of the trash from that place, may be tolerable then.
08/17/2016 06:17 PMPosted by Elzar
I foresee this playing out just like ZG 5 man did. People will be exciting, then realize by updating it to a 5 man it ruins all their nostalgia.

They arent removing Karazhan raid.

Speak for yourself, ZG 5 man was great.
08/18/2016 06:48 PMPosted by Eggfooyoung

I agree, I enjoyed the remake of both ZG and ZA (though I would love if original ZG came back for tiger farming). I'm more referring to the community in general. Many people will complain that Kara was ruined (even though the original is staying).
From the sounds of things it's mythic dungeon (with a weekly lockout), with the full 9 bosses.

You can't queue for it via LFD, so you are going there knowing you are gonna have to put some time into clearing it, rather than just sitting afk till your queue pops and then mindlessly AOEing everything down.

But with the new design philosphy around 5 mans, with warforged titan stuffs, and keystones giving gear equal to, or in some case better than, raiding gear, the orginal 5 mans will still be relevant, so we are going to run into the ZA/ZG situation where the gear offered by the new dungeon far outstrips the gear from the old, so you end up only running the new ones and get burned out from lack of variety.
08/19/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Grokironhide
so you end up only running the new ones and get burned out from lack of variety.

ALL of the legion dungeons can go Mythic +++, they will all be viable for obtaining gear. do the ones you like.
It's very disappointing that it is going to be Mythic only. It should have different tiers of difficulty and be accessible by LFG. Everyone is going to want to do this dungeon and nobody should be shut out. Experiencing the content is what matters. The iLevel of the drops are secondary.
I like that it's mythic only, mythic dungeons aren't extremely difficult and usually you can ignore some mechanics. It won't be too long until you can over gear it, or just hop in a carry group which are rare, but do happen. Also do the people who are complaining about Kara being mythic only know that two other 5 mans will be mythic only as well?
08/19/2016 06:00 PMPosted by Diesa
08/19/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Grokironhide
so you end up only running the new ones and get burned out from lack of variety.

ALL of the legion dungeons can go Mythic +++, they will all be viable for obtaining gear. do the ones you like.

That's what I am saying, we didnt have that back then. We got burned out because ZA/ZG had better loot, it wasnt worth doing the old stuff anymore.

This isn't a problem in WOD and going into legion. mythic and mythic plus will keep the old stuff relevant.

The last time they patched in a 5 man was dragon soul, and it dropped 378 gear, same as the previous raid tier of firelands, it trivialised 2 tiers worth of raids.

This won't happen with karazhan in legion, since the old 5 mans will still be a value to most players because they can still drop high end loot.
08/17/2016 11:28 PMPosted by Mordecaí

Let's hope that's actually true, and they're not lying to us again. Their record for revamps and truth telling is against them, up until now EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE that had a revamp for whatever reason has seen the original removed.

That's why I say I'll believe it when I see it.
08/21/2016 08:10 AMPosted by Darkfell
08/17/2016 11:28 PMPosted by Mordecaí

EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE that had a revamp for whatever reason has seen the original removed.

Deadmines.
they very strongly stated that the new kara is NOT a revamp, rather a continuation of its story, it will have a different entrance, and as of now, the opera event is the only returning boss.
08/29/2016 09:19 PMPosted by Erisa
08/21/2016 08:10 AMPosted by Darkfell
EVERY SINGLE INSTANCE that had a revamp for whatever reason has seen the original removed.

Deadmines.

He got rekt.
I love how so many people here are already prepared for the worst, like this will be a complete failure.

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually enjoying leveling. It's not tedious; You don't have to move on to a new place if you want more xp.

The new dungeons get harder as you get better gear, and can go to extremely high difficulties. Very high skill cap Dungeons. I like it.

Not only that, but the class hall is far from what Azman cried about,(FOCKING FACEBOOK)and I enjoy it.

In conclusion, So far, this is a success, to be honest. To the future, though, we'll just have to see.
08/20/2016 12:14 AMPosted by Soláire
I like that it's mythic only, mythic dungeons aren't extremely difficult and usually you can ignore some mechanics. It won't be too long until you can over gear it, or just hop in a carry group which are rare, but do happen. Also do the people who are complaining about Kara being mythic only know that two other 5 mans will be mythic only as well?

Thing is you can't overgear mythic dungeons. They scale up to you. Which is why it is called Mythic +
08/20/2016 12:14 AMPosted by Soláire

Yeah, but what's so great about it, is that the difficulty and damage will continue to increase, so you really have to know what you're doing.
08/18/2016 06:48 PMPosted by Eggfooyoung

Biggest problem with the ZA/ZG revamps was the removal of the original versions. Same goes for Onyxia and Naxx.

They say original Kara isn't going away this time, which is awesome news, but since it's Blizz saying that I'll believe it when 7.1 drops and I can still kill Attumen for a chance at that mount.