Dumbest Nerf by Blizzard

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
I'm at 580 HP ,lol. I don't think the nerf helps a lot to things out in that respect,maybe they should rework it so it gives less HP but more attack power.
08/23/2016 10:58 AMPosted by Dragonrise
08/23/2016 10:19 AMPosted by Cruelint
All that for 1 stat?

Our mastery increases poison damage.... Lol...

Right bro?

I'm glad they brought BEARS back in line with other tanks. You were unkillable in world pvp and your mastery boosted almost everything about you. The only thing missing was increasing your wang size.

Good job Blizz, hammer of justice strikes again.

You realize World PVP is never going to be fair, and come Legion, your ability to kill raid geared tanks in the open will be non-existent... right?
As a healer this is a pretty awful change. On beta bear tanks in my dungeon runs were the 2nd squishiest of tanks (the absolute worst being monks) and the most challenging to heal. Was hoping Blizzard would have fixed this by aug 30th but seems they're bullying druids even further.

Upvoted OP, thanks for drawing attention to this.
08/23/2016 11:14 AMPosted by Galkresh
08/23/2016 10:58 AMPosted by Dragonrise

Right bro?

I'm glad they brought BEARS back in line with other tanks. You were unkillable in world pvp and your mastery boosted almost everything about you. The only thing missing was increasing your wang size.

Good job Blizz, hammer of justice strikes again.

You realize World PVP is never going to be fair, and come Legion, your ability to kill raid geared tanks in the open will be non-existent... right?

Well brother they sure just made it a lot easier to try ;)
08/23/2016 10:15 AMPosted by Jaycub
This latest mastery nerf by Blizzard has to be the dumbest thing they have done in quite a while. They nerfed mastery for bears in half. Mastery gives health, healing received, and attack power. The only thing that was even remotely overpowered was the health. But instead of modifying that, they shock and awed (nuked) mastery so that all of the other parts of mastery went down with health. We are not the best in threat right now and we could use a lot of help with attack power and healing received. Blizzard could keep the health bonus nerfed but this is too much right now.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748607184

Did you ever think it was because it just made you overpowered compared to other tanks?
They should really just bring back vengeance.
08/23/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Apothuss
This latest mastery nerf by Blizzard has to be the dumbest thing they have done in quite a while. They nerfed mastery for bears in half. Mastery gives health, healing received, and attack power. The only thing that was even remotely overpowered was the health. But instead of modifying that, they shock and awed (nuked) mastery so that all of the other parts of mastery went down with health. We are not the best in threat right now and we could use a lot of help with attack power and healing received. Blizzard could keep the health bonus nerfed but this is too much right now.

Did you ever think it was because it just made you overpowered compared to other tanks?

Hey get that common sense and logic out here! This is the forums, that isnt allowed!
...You're obviously not a tank on any character. We don't care about the health and we care about the healing received to a lesser extent. The huge problem is that the attack power was nerfed from the mastery. We need that in order to be viable as a tank. And PvP is not balanced around PvE. Plus, we get like only 20% of stats for PvP. So you must be brainless.

Brainless you are, any R'tard can see you were over tuned when one bear tank can survive an entire village pounding on you and barely losing any health lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCRjacOkqsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0BD4ctMOI

Oddly you fail to see how this will not address the issue you are qqing about yet you fling insults.

If you actually played tank classes you would understand.
Wow, this and the blood DK nerfs earlier this month really is making the Legion tank meta feel like we're in for Cataclysm 2: We still don't have a clue.

08/23/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Apothuss

Warriors, Paladins, and DH tanks were all on par with bears. Only DKs and Monks were weaker, and that was because DK's have no defensive cooldowns anymore and monks are just genuinely squishy if not played properly. Nerfing bears just drops them down lower on the viable tank list, it does nothing to address the balance issues we're expecting to see at 110.
I agree this is stupid. I lost 200K health, They said Bears are supposed to have more health and absorb damage. Bears aren't OP, still on par with Dks and to see them nerf one class into the ground because they're going back on class fantasy is stupid. I went bear because they sold me on the class fantasy and that all went down the drain. Less damage, less healing and less health. GG.
08/23/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Warriors, Paladins, and DH tanks were all on par with bears. Only DKs and Monks were weaker, and that was because DK's have no defensive cooldowns anymore and monks are just genuinely squishy if not played properly. Nerfing bears just drops them down lower on the viable tank list, it does nothing to address the balance issues we're expecting to see at 110.

Lol,boy are you wrong. Paladins have half the Hp of Druids. i understand that they need more because of the difference in how the mechanics of our AM work,but you clearly are wrong. Not sure about the actual numbers for Warriors,except that they are higher than Pally,as are DH.
08/23/2016 11:05 AMPosted by Profien
Remember what Blizzard said they want tanks to be "healer dependent."

Which is something only Blizzard wants. Neither good tanks, nor healers, wanted tanks to be reliant on a third party in order to play effectively; especially when the design behind 3 of the tanking specs is reactive healing/damage spread rather than upfront damage mitigation as a "healer reliant" tank system will automatically favour the specs that are best at preventing damage before it requires mana to heal.

08/23/2016 11:34 AMPosted by Dalles
Lol,boy are you wrong. Paladins have half the Hp of Druids. i understand that they need more because of the difference in how the mechanics of our AM work,but you clearly are wrong. Not sure about the actual numbers for Warriors,except that they are higher than Pally,as are DH.

Protadins play a lot differently than they did pre-patch, especially at present, but at 110 they are very strong tanks.
Found out they buffed ironfur from 75% increased armor to 100% armor. Weird that neither of these changes are mentioned in the hotfix.
08/23/2016 11:12 AMPosted by Dalles
I'm at 580 HP ,lol. I don't think the nerf helps a lot to things out in that respect,maybe they should rework it so it gives less HP but more attack power.

Pre nerf my warrior had 754k Hp at ilevel 733, my bear had 950k at ilevel 732, around 26% more

Post nerf my warrior is the same yet my bear has 830k, 10% more

The tanking mechanic implemented for druids in legion by the developers revolved around increased HP and healing taken as opposed to flat mitigation like other tanks.
08/23/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Protadins play a lot differently than they did pre-patch, especially at present, but at 110 they are very strong tanks.

Not arguing that at all,just letting you know that your idea of the HP numbers is wrong.I have 580 unbuffed. Prot Pally is strong at 110,but if we miss a use of AM,we will die,by design.I'm ok with that,because we have the tools to use. I think Bears need the extra health because they have less AM,I'm not arguing they don't need it.But if they were op in that respect,nerfing just their health would have been better.
Guardian is overall in a good space, but Mastery scaling has been a bit out of control while Haste has been underwhelming. The main defensive value of Haste for Guardian Druids is to proc more Ironfurs and Frenzied Regenerations - something we want to bring more into focus.

Last night we decreased the health and healing received from Nature's Guardian to 4% (from 8%) and adjusted the mastery amount accordingly, and, to compensate for this, we've increased the amount of armor granted by Ironfur up to 100% (from 75%). You should see more of an impact from haste affecting Ironfur now, and stacking Mastery will be a less effective tactic going forward.

Guardian
  • Nature’s Guardian now increases health and healing received by 4% (was 8%). The Mastery amount has also been reduced accordingly.
  • Ironfur now increases Armor by 100% (was 75%).

Edit: The hotfix notes have been updated with these changes.
doesnt this also affect how much a bear can heal? did they at least give more passive dodge or anything? I mean all druids get is dodge, HP, and a little of self healing.... now they nerfed all of the above, essentially putting it in last place....

No. The dumbest thing Blizzard has done was make any class's core mechanic to take 30% more damage under the guise of class fantasy - after several expansions of saying "Fury Warriors taking 10% extra damage is a terrible thing to balance".
Slowly, oh so slowly, we're only going to have:
Strength - melee dps and tank
Agility - melee and range dps
Intellect - range dps and heals

It will make Blizzard's life so much simpler if all they had to balance was those 3 stats.
Remember when they said they wanted bears to have a lot more health and absorb to fit the class fantasy? It was fun while it lasted, now we be like other tanks.