Just discovered that some legion dungeons

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next
Not everyone plays WoW during prime time. That was one of the key reasons behind having the queue system added to the game in Wrath.

Half these dungeon groups were formed in the early morning and late evening/night. Not that it matters, because LFD can't pull more people out of thin air anyways. If the people are online and want to do content, they'll use whatever tools they have available to group.
08/22/2016 07:29 PMPosted by Dèan
and you think Blizz cares about your opinion? you're an LFR hero with absolutely no respectable FoS's or Legacy achieves

A) This character was my main from BC through Mists, when I quit because my guild was no longer going after progression raiding, and queued content was so mindnumbingly easy that it had ceased to give me any enjoyment. The only reason I even set foot in LFR in WoD on was to do the legendary ring quest on Lokka, or to fish for specific transmog pieces.

B) LFR players make up a far, far larger portion of the playerbase than whatever elite percentage you count yourself in, chuckles, so Blizzard damn well better care what they think, because they're paying a far larger chunk of their paychecks than you are.

C) You're one to talk, hiding on an alt.
Why do people say the leader has no role in the LFG system?

If the leader has no role, then what is the difference between LFG and LFD? Why is there such a huge difference in success chance according to you people? Is it because the leader has a role? Wait that can't be it because the leader has no role remember?

Which is it, they have a role or they don't have a role? Contradiction much?
08/22/2016 02:50 PMPosted by Denrarn
And i'm just a whiny baby :3

that's... that's not a good thing.
08/22/2016 07:39 PMPosted by Eggfooyunng
08/22/2016 07:19 PMPosted by Onuris

It really doesn't take long, especially if you do a wee bit of planning. You're lack of forethought doesn't burden us or Blizzard with having to change what's a very reasonable addition to the game. And considering you can do it over a week.....the time constraint really isn't a big deal.

Sorry if sometimes RL gets in the way, maybe make more friends in game or those that are more reliable time wise?

Blizz.. This is the kind of eff Tard we have to deal with when forming groups... Seriously... WHY make us deal with these people?

Did you miss the part when I said earlier that I'd take anyone into the mythic dungeons if they wanted to see it? I run my own guild and we're no stranger to helping. We've been known to even raid at stupid hours to accommodate people once or twice, because things happen and RL can be busy/etc.

But apparently that doesn't fit the non mythic crowd's narrative so I'm the bad guy.
08/22/2016 07:36 PMPosted by Hennila
First, difficult content and random queues, do....not.....work
We know this. Everyone knows this.

It worked just fine with the Troll dungeons, and was very fun IMHO, the most fun I've ever had in LFG infact.
We have a blog planned for later this week

"Dungeons Are Hard... Again!"
08/22/2016 07:37 PMPosted by Onuris
Wait, so....it can take up to 30-45 minutes for a dungeon to pop in the queue....and people are complaining that a cross realm premade group takes too much time?

1) You're doubling to tripling the average DPS queue for dungeons.

2) That's 30-45 minutes (assuming your numbers are correct, which they aren't) actively working through other parts of the game. That option does not exist with a manual group as you are either at the dungeon forming the group, at the dungeon waiting for everyone else to get there, or being the waste of air that's holding everyone else up.

None of those three options are particularly engaging or enjoyable.
08/22/2016 01:55 PMPosted by Denrarn
Are Mythic only Welp guess i'm not gearing up in legion i think i'm skipping this expansion or perhaps Playing on PTR.

Because god forbid you have to do work to achieve something amiright?
08/22/2016 07:40 PMPosted by Sharkon
08/22/2016 07:29 PMPosted by Dèan
and you think Blizz cares about your opinion? you're an LFR hero with absolutely no respectable FoS's or Legacy achieves

A) This character was my main from BC through Mists, when I quit because my guild was no longer going after progression raiding, and queued content was so mindnumbingly easy that it had ceased to give me any enjoyment. The only reason I even set foot in LFR in WoD on was to do the legendary ring quest on Lokka, or to fish for specific transmog pieces.

B) LFR players make up a far, far larger portion of the playerbase than whatever elite percentage you count yourself in, chuckles, so Blizzard damn well better care what they think, because they're paying a far larger chunk of their paychecks than you are.

C) You're one to talk, hiding on an alt.

Blizzard said a while back there is no dominant group. All activities in the game are done by about the same % of the player base. Saying LFR players make up more of the player base is wrong.
08/22/2016 07:21 PMPosted by Hennila
08/22/2016 07:19 PMPosted by Lokka

Well mythic dungeons, and the direction blizzard is taking dungeons in order to give players a way to progress outside of raids, are not intended to be quick run dungeons. They will take time, if you don't have the time to do this then maybe mythic dungeons aren't for you.
\

WTF?!!! Really? you fuggin consider the TIME it takes to form a god dam group?!! FOR REAL?! the content should stand on its own.. these false and fake barriers like group formation are just BS..
08/22/2016 07:42 PMPosted by Bomdanil

2) That's 30-45 minutes (assuming your numbers are correct, which they aren't) actively working through other parts of the game. That option does not exist with a manual group as you are either at the dungeon forming the group, at the dungeon waiting for everyone else to get there, or being the waste of air that's holding everyone else up.

Notice I said "up to" and not "always." What time you spend either getting there (which isn't going to take much time, playing on the beta getting anywhere you needed to be only took a few minutes max,) or making the group is akin usually to how much time it takes to have a queue pop. Obviously either way can have extremely quick times and others slow depending on a number of factors.

But this is also where guilds and friends come into play, or any other myriad community based features that assist in formation of groups. The whole "but it takes SOOO LONG" argument is crap, and it's not like a few minutes either way is going to kill you.
08/22/2016 06:50 PMPosted by Hundredaire
I haven't read every page of this, but there's a major factor most of the LFD crowd aren't considering; Kara is a 9 boss dungeon. I'm assuming that most people do not want to queue into a dungeon that is going to take multiple hours to complete, which a 9 boss mythic dungeon surely will.

Dire Maul and Maraudon have similar numbers of bosses. They're queueable. Lower Blackrock Spire has something like nine bosses as well, not all of them necessary, but they're there, and it's queueable.
08/22/2016 07:36 PMPosted by Hennila
First, difficult content and random queues, do....not.....work
We know this. Everyone knows this.

Can we stop pretending mythic dungeons are hard in order to justify the base level versions not being in a queue? Even Blizzard's said the base level mythic is going to be on par with MoP to low end WoD heroics in difficulty.
08/22/2016 07:40 PMPosted by Netharious
Why do people say the leader has no role in the LFG system?

If the leader has no role, then what is the difference between LFG and LFD? Why is there such a huge difference in success chance according to you people? Is it because the leader has a role? Wait that can't be it because the leader has no role remember?

Which is it, they have a role or they don't have a role? Contradiction much?

The role of the "leader" in a listed premade group (group lister/starter) is to look at a list of people that wish to come along and, by whatever criteria they determine, click "invite" to the people they wish to invite.

In LFG, the role of the "leader" is nothing. It's 5 random people.

Don't confuse the role of the leader in forming the group with the role of the leader in actually making any sort of decisions or facilitating communication with regards to the actual content. It doesn't differ in the latter sense, but does in the former. Use some common sense.
08/22/2016 07:41 PMPosted by Onuris
08/22/2016 07:39 PMPosted by Eggfooyunng

Blizz.. This is the kind of eff Tard we have to deal with when forming groups... Seriously... WHY make us deal with these people?

Did you miss the part when I said earlier that I'd take anyone into the mythic dungeons if they wanted to see it? I run my own guild and we're no stranger to helping. We've been known to even raid at stupid hours to accommodate people once or twice, because things happen and RL can be busy/etc.

But apparently that doesn't fit the non mythic crowd's narrative so I'm the bad guy.

Your horde... so YOUR the bad guy.. get used to it...
Can we stop pretending mythic dungeons are hard in order to justify the base level versions not being in a queue? Even Blizzard's said the base level mythic is going to be on par with MoP to low end WoD heroics in difficulty.

PREV

I don't even think it has anything to do with difficulty in this case though, its obviously going to be a few hours commitment for learning groups to clear it until you overgear it, the Mythic version wouldn't suit LFD at all even if it didn't have a weekly lockout on loot.

08/22/2016 07:46 PMPosted by Nathriel
Lower Blackrock Spire has something like nine bosses as well, not all of them necessary, but they're there, and it's queueable.

LBRS was an amazing experience when I got it when levelling my Brewmaster in MoP, we got lost, we wiped a ton, but I only ever got that dungeon once while levelling in the last 5+ years.
08/22/2016 06:52 PMPosted by Nøcte
Just because something exists in the game, doesn't mean it's for you.

There's examples of this everywhere, and there's a variety of rewards for choosing to progress through more difficult content. If for whatever reason you decide that you don't want to join in on that content- that's fine, but don't begrudge players that want it simply because it's not for you, or you feel that it's above your current player ability- go out and try it with friends or guild members.

Entry level Mythic dungeons really aren't that hard, so at least give them a go before you swear them off entirely.

Except this is the story of the game. It's why LFR was created in the first place. This isn't pet battles, or PvP, or anything else that's some side activity to waste time. This is the culmination of the RPG in the MMORPG. Cutting off that content to the hardest difficulty setting only is needlessly exclusionary and frankly petty.
I have to ask, if those mythic only dungeons didn't exist at all, would you still be quitting?
08/22/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Ornyx
If your concern is over grouping, the in-game Group Finder tool will be a good way to find groups for Mythic dungeons, much as it is now.

Not really. The requirements of these groups are ridiculous and often only want people who outgear everything and don't need to run the instance.