Calling All Warlock Voices 2

Warlock
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
I feel for Demo in PvP. Some of the top tier guys will always do great considering they'll have 2 other people carrying while melee like me completely shut down demo. Way way too much hardcasting for it to be anywhere near viable along with too much ramp up.

They might think they embodied the whole demonology thing, but they really screwed the class up even worse. Affliction is boring as crap. What's fun about constantly spamming UA when you are at full Shards? Eh downvote away but I really hope they fix a few things.
08/24/2016 08:59 AMPosted by Synfulminded
I feel for Demo in PvP. Some of the top tier guys will always do great considering they'll have 2 other people carrying while melee like me completely shut down demo. Way way too much hardcasting for it to be anywhere near viable along with too much ramp up.

They might think they embodied the whole demonology thing, but they really screwed the class up even worse. Affliction is boring as crap. What's fun about constantly spamming UA when you are at full Shards? Eh downvote away but I really hope they fix a few things.

today u get my upvote
08/24/2016 04:42 AMPosted by Baalsamael
so what you're saying is.......

~~~~~~~class fantasy
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/71297502.jpg
I think the biggest thing is just all the silence. Why won't they tell us the reasoning for their choices? Or about our feedback? Give us a sign
08/24/2016 10:20 AMPosted by Jubifel
I think the biggest thing is just all the silence. Why won't they tell us the reasoning for their choices? Or about our feedback? Give us a sign

This
08/24/2016 10:20 AMPosted by Jubifel

Couldn't agree more, if they just came out and said " look we know warlocks are not satisfied right now, but we do have plans that we will work on getting out to you asap", I would be pleased.
, I would also like to see more dealing with fel magic. I mean affliction warlocks should be dealing with fel power like Gul'dan and no soul shards. Fel Magic comes from life essence, we literally drain life and steal life essence from others in our abilities.

Yeah I completely agree, fel should be a resource as well as a visual part of our spell book. Weve seen the physical manifestation of fel in many instances. I touched on this earlier with an idea for an aoe that blights and area with fel causing dots to soread. Which would make perfect sense if we're building up fel as a resource we should be able to cast it into existence to damage our enemies.

This could also lead into an interesting companion mechanism where instead of a demon we corrupt an animal with fel magic and enslave it to our biding. Just a thought to help further differentiate the specs and let demo have their own thing.

I also like the idea of life force = power and with ss much drain as Affliction could/should have using your own life force as a source of fel power would be an interesting mechanic as well as a lore friendly one.

Id like to see some changing of names ans appearance on dots as well, somenting like Nether Plague, implying its extra dimensional and not a physical infection like unholy DKs have. The skills need to reinforce the fact our power is DEMONIC its source is the twisting nether and the beings who dwell within

Somewhat unrelated I'd really like to see an ability that lets us use the "shadow door" we've been other NPC warlocks use where the summoned purpled hands tear open a hole in reality as a means of transport
I'm enjoying Affliction. The main issue it has is that for PvE, it's great for bosses and high HP targets but terrible for trash. Running 5 mans is embarrassing for anyone running a DPS meter. Then I top for bosses. I like the rotation though.

I tried Demo and hated it immediately. The rotation is horribly un-fun.

Destro is okay. The rotation was more fun in WoD. The damage seems sub-par.
All these ideas of using Fel as a resource is getting me hyped thinking about it. We really should have this as a resource instead of RNG Soul Shards that power abilities that don't feel powerful. I think I'd actually like the idea of using a drain that replenishes a Fel resource by absorbing the life of our enemies to fuel our spells. You could defnitely build a rotation around that but drains by themselves are boring. Night Fall procs would be a great solution to that giving us a free instant Haunt proc instead of a Soul Shard. If Haunt gave us some kind of buff that would be even better and give it a pretty hefty Fel resource cost so we won't be able to spam it but can still use it if we need burst.

I gotta say, I love that idea of conjuring a pool of Fel that spread dots and did minimal AoE damage with a reasonable CD. We really should scrap Seed of Corruption, its nice when it actually goes off but at some point in an expansion and people get geared it becomes more of a gamble because of the set up. If it didn't have that set up it would be great, Corruption would already be ticking and it would allow us to focus on putting dots on everything instead of focusing on one target in the hope of getting the seed to pop in time before other classes demolish everything.

Edit: fixed a couple typos
Destro rotation is still waaaayyyy too complex for me, I never know when I'm supposed to use immolate instead of rain of fire! Blizzard should really remove every spell but incinerate and just triple the mastery so we can really experience all the fun that RNG brings.
Less than a week until release and I have no clue what spec to main. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but since we are going to be dumping AP into a spec specific weapon, getting pretty nervous.
08/24/2016 01:32 PMPosted by Raegon
Less than a week until release and I have no clue what spec to main. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but since we are going to be dumping AP into a spec specific weapon, getting pretty nervous.

I was told you don't need to dump AP into your weapon unless you want to. You can only spend what is necessary to quest effectively and pool it in hopes they fix stuff later.
Increasing the post cap on this thread.

Going to try to go through all the feedback here (will take some time) and take it to the dev team again and see what we can do. If anyone has any kind of collated list of feedback/concerns from among the Warlock community, we would be glad to hear it!
08/24/2016 02:38 PMPosted by Ornyx

Going to try to go through all the feedback here (will take some time) and take it to the dev team again and see what we can do. If anyone has any kind of collated list of feedback/concerns from among the Warlock community, we would be glad to hear it!

HOLY !@#$ WE GOT A BLUE POST

WE DID IT WARLOCKS

Oh my god, a blue! As for a collated list, I have started a thread here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748864899#post-1 for destruction specifically on what I feel is out of place and what I feel might fix it. I hope to see some destro locks post in it as well as threads for the other two specs pop up from those more knowledgeable about their spec than me.

Stole this from another thread. This is concerning affliction pvp.

08/13/2016 12:02 AMPosted by Kierri
It's not a mobility problem. The class is designed to have limited mobility. It's a damage and survivability issue. They drastically nerfed UA dispel damage, cut our shield regen in half, nerfed our intellect, which hurts our spread pressure and our healing, and made it so rot and decay doesn't refresh UA, which is our dot protection. Any one of these changes would have been fine by itself. However, all of these together is overkill.

08/13/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Pepperstep
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yea, warlocks were in need of some tuning, but this is just a massacre. They basically made UA a nonthreat, nerfed their overall damage, nerfed their healing, and nerfed their survivability where only one or two of those things needed to happen to bring them in line.

Nailed it.
Maybe we'll get another revamp in 2 years, next expand is pretty much around the corner.
1.Make Fel lord a demonology only grimoire of supremecy pet- it will fix the problem where afflic and destro have access to the same most powerful demons as demonology which is the spec focused on summoning demons and it makes grimoire of supremecy not a feel-bad talent because it makes demo locks get rid of our one unique pet.

2. make demonic empowerment a player based buff that buffs any demons active during its duration- it feels really unfun and clunky to have to cast demonic empowerment after EVERY demon summoning spell.

3. let warlocks speak demonic like they used to!! we're supposed to be the masters of summoning and contracting with demons and we can't even speak their language, you gave enough of our class fantasy to DH, let us keep this.

4. take the grimoire of service pets off the GCD and/or remove the soulshard cost because all it does is screw with rotations.

5. make seed of corruption explode if the mob dies.

6. make wild imps spawn off of the warlock instead of where hand of gul'dan lands- i enjoy seeing the green fireballs streaking towards the boss and the imps are basically invisible when they spawn beneath the boss.

7. make one of the casted spells in demo instant, either HoG, dreadstalkers or demonic empowerment- it will just make the spec feel better and help a lot with movement fights while at the same time not breaking the spec.

8. change the affliction artifacts gold traits to no longer activate on kill, that worked with how npcs used to spawn from the staff and could be killed but they no longer do that.
Holy crap thought that blues were mythical like sightings of the virgin mary and the chupacabra things only found in small desolate mexican towns noone has ever heard of

To Orynx look at "calling all warlock voices " first approximatly 500 posts are pretty much the same things and are about the same issues that everyone is havieng