How are you handling the Invasion Exp Nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 182 183 184 253 Next
Thanks for all of the reports on issues with the amount of XP being rewarded.

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.
ugh toxic environment blizzard really turned this invasion to a problem. Just head aches and people fighting for mobs now.
08/18/2016 07:12 PMPosted by Ornyx

We were able to investigate and identify that there were indeed a couple bugs with the way XP rewards were being handed out. We’re working on a hotfix that will correct the following issues:

• Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received when more than 6 players were attacking it.
  • Fixed a bug that could reduce the amount of XP a player received from creatures that scale with the number of attackers.

Once these fixes are live, please let us know how things feel. Again, our intention is for Demon Invasions to feel lucrative as long as players are actively participating in the event, and we believe that, once the correct amount of XP is being rewarded for killing creatures, that will once again be the case.

So.... if a level 100 taps an elite, do I still get screwed?

Thanks, you'll be certain to hear if it hasn't really solved the issue.
The people complaining (for the most part) are people who WERE actively participating to begin with. And whom were punished because SOME few (afkers) were not.
08/18/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Zae

The intention would be no, once this is live.
Once these fixes are live

When are these going live? so we know exactly when we're supposed to give our feedback about it
I would like to see how much xp gives bosses now
08/18/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Ornyx

Phew. Glad to hear. Thanks for the update
08/18/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Madeinhome

When are these going live? so we know exactly when we're supposed to give our feedback about it

I don't have a time frame to provide right now, but I will try to provide an update once the hotfix is in - but since it is still being worked on, this could likely be tomorrow.

Thank you for letting us know, I'm really happy that this is getting resolved.

I may have some pretty salty posts in this thread but I'm sure you guys understand it's cause I really loved participating in the events but didn't love not feeling like it was worthwhile.
08/18/2016 07:15 PMPosted by Ornyx

*cross fingers* If this fixes it, GAME ON! So many demons to kill... so little time.
Then it's better to kill bosses or solo mobs? (please say bosses, i love to kill those big bosses)

More than six players?

The biggest issue I had was that it only took -one- player (or NPC) to massively gimp the amount of experience a mob rewards you. This made soloing the best strategy in a collaborative world event. If it still happens with -less- than six people, it will still be best to ignore the objectives and find a small corner to farm.

Awesome news! I hope this fixes it.

Could you let us know when the hot fix is applied so we'll know when to start looking for the difference. Sorry, but until then I don't even want to bring my lowbies out its just too frustrating.

Thank you again.
08/18/2016 07:17 PMPosted by Ornyx

I don't have a time frame to provide right now, but I will try to provide an update once the hotfix is in.

Thank you for the update, Ornyx. It's really appreciated.
meh idc, planned on lvling an alt this way incase i need to change last minute for raiding but then they nerfed it so i was like w/e. i already finished doing them no sense in doing them when i don't need anything i did get some easy money via felbats but once it's gone market will be so saturated with them they won't be worth while. plus they are account bound and you only really need 1
I was thinking of a possible way to fix this situation and what I came up with is. If during stages 1 and 2 they could have demons spawn outside the main invasion area just like they do during stage 3, Low level players could go out and kill those mobs to get extra xp while level 100 down the mobs in the main invasion area.

P.S. I heard that they found the xp bug and are attempting to fix it, But i still think adding more demons outside the main invasion area would help to make it even more fun and Rewarding.
Woah, they actually listened.
08/18/2016 05:15 PMPosted by Eyanøsa

But don't you have to tag it? If all you are doing is healing, that wouldn't tag anything. You would either need to be in a group to get their tag on a mob or do damage to the mob. Is that not correct or are you/they saying just running past a mob as a healer tags it for you?

By healing other people it puts you in the "in combat/aggro" list of the mob making you eligible for loot and exp.

You will notice on some fights that if a healer heals TOO much too quickly they will pull aggro from a DPS ( assuming there is no tank to taunt/tank).

Again...don't you need to be in a group to heal? I can see a lot of opportunity for trolling on this. If a healer is pvp flagged and heals someone who is not, that player gets pvp flagged. I learned this the hard way on my pvp realm someone asked me to soulstone rez a friend and that person was flagged, i did, i got ganked, this was Elwynn, a non contested zone, on my alliance.
Ornyx, I'm going to sound like a broken record, but Staged 2 and 4 are still fundamentally flawed with these lower XP rewards for finishing stages.

No idea how to fix it, but I'm telling you what people are going to say.