How are you handling the Invasion Exp Nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 253 Next
Ya, I just am blown away by the amount of babies on these forums crying about this. It really is not THAT bad. I just logged in after seeing this fuss, expecting to get NOTHING from doing them.

But guess what? I was using this toon, and got about 50% through an entire level from ONE invasion (Before nerf it was 67%). I timed it. It took 19-20 minutes. Roughly 5-6 minutes longer than usual. All you losers "protesting" by AFKing, are only making it take longer. Do you not realize this? You aren't hurting Blizz by doing this. You are hurting fellow players AND yourselves. Sounds more like you just want an easy excuse to AFK and get levels, but still cry that it takes longer? I mean, is this concept lost on you? How stupid you sound?

Bunch of entitled brats in here. To those threatening not to buy Legion, PLEASE follow through with that threat (Although, we know that would never happen), I would love if this game lost a ton of it's losers. These forums are a complete mess, pretty much always has been, but this is a new level.

Crying and making sob stories that you can't get all your toons to level 100 now, making it seem like you're victims, acting like this is a mortal wound on your soul. Get over yourselves and get some help.
08/16/2016 01:43 PMPosted by Rabanastre
08/16/2016 01:41 PMPosted by Ariadnea
How am I handling it? I'm still doing invasions. If you do them constantly, you still get good XP, there is no reason that I can find to freak out about this one.

Three times the work for the same reward.

Less people doing them so they take more time.

More people afking then ever so they take even MORE time.

Alts don't have access to flying until 60, so it takes forever to get to invasion points, meaning a LARGE increase in overall time spent for a vastly nerfed reward.

Blizzard messed up by nerfing the invasion exp and to say or think otherwise is absurd.

??? Three times? Is it a thing about my current level? Three days ago I gained one level per invasion at low 60s, tonight I gained one level per invasion. Did the 60-odd levels have weird XP scaling? (Honest question, not being snarky or funny )I didn't notice any real difference today.
08/16/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Slickfury
You get more XP than before.

Mathematically, yes.
Otherwise, no. Travel time cuts into that, splitting the player base into three instead of 2 makes invasions take longer, leaving less time for you to do the other 2. So, theoretically, yes, you can gain more XP. In Practice, not so much.
I was finally leveling this guy!

He still had arrows and water in his bag!
08/16/2016 05:44 PMPosted by Scalkar

Thank you for ruining a nice change for hundreds of players. I guess my low level toons will go back into the closet now.

Aye, same here my friend, same here...
08/16/2016 06:14 PMPosted by Evilmuffin
08/16/2016 04:58 PMPosted by Rangrander
Six invasions every four hours for the same reward.

Doesn't sound very fun to me.

Maybe not to *you*.

That was my point. Some of us are finding this change up of the norm, fun.

XP was nerfed, ok fine great. They've already stated that they're looking into ways to see if they can adjust xp gain in some other way (ie actual participation), but do not know if they can within the next two weeks.

In the meantime, Imma keep, ya know.. actually participating.

To *you* is having less populated invasions with a larger relative amount of /afk players *fun*?
These were, emphasis WERE, fun to level alts on.

You had the challenge of travelling across the world to get to them because you don't have the travel options of the 100s, but once you got there the XP was good, and given the good work in making it scale to your level, you felt relevant.

Now... Suckage. Why schlep all over for xp that's the same as quest xp and you'll get better gold on your alts out of questing.

This change has no impact on lvl 100s farming gear, but a huge impact on alts.

I'm not doing invasions if this doesn't revert.
So basically the only way to get decent XP as a low level alt is to go to an invasion and run away from everyone else and hope a high level doesn't swoop in and hit it one time taking the 5000-10000 XP down to 150 XP. Kinda seems backwards for a MMO.
08/16/2016 06:11 PMPosted by Torghen
Here's my feedback:

Do not increase the number of locations of invasions. You're simply splitting the player pool into smaller and smaller segments. This only lowers participation as the time invested becomes too great for the rewards.

Do not decrease the xp gains. It's a limited time event. Nothing is hurt if someone gets a few alts leveled up in time for Legion. They might even enjoy Legion even more. The whole point of adding level scaling and XP gains was to increase participation. The nerf defeats this goal.

However, if what was tweeted earlier that you may not be able to revert the change before the event is over, my feedback is all moot.

This was the best pre-expansion event you've ever had and yet, you snatched defeat from jaws of victory with this ill-planned nerf to XP.

They can revert these hare-brained changes pdq. They managed to nerf the experience gains ONE WHOLE DAY after buffing those very same experience gains.
08/16/2016 06:17 PMPosted by Rhodrey
So basically the only way to get decent XP as a low level alt is to go to an invasion and run away from everyone else and hope a high level doesn't swoop in and hit in one time taking the 5000 XP down to 150 XP.

Or take the hundreds of XP down to 4.

I'm smelling what the Devs are cooking, and it smells like BS!
08/16/2016 06:16 PMPosted by Walburgha
These were, emphasis WERE, fun to level alts on.

You had the challenge of travelling across the world to get to them because you don't have the travel options of the 100s, but once you got there the XP was good, and given the good work in making it scale to your level, you felt relevant.

Now... Suckage. Why schlep all over for xp that's the same as quest xp and you'll get better gold on your alts out of questing.

This change has no impact on lvl 100s farming gear, but a huge impact on alts.

I'm not doing invasions if this doesn't revert.

You now get more xp from doing the invasions than you did yesterday.
Fun Detected, Must Nerf. What do you guys expect of Blizz?
I think they need to put the same amount of XP as before, but put something in so that you only get XP if you participated. That way you don't have people alt tabbing and gaining free levels.
08/16/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Slickfury
You get more XP than before.

No, you don't. Previously, you received a certain amount of XP for completing 2 invasions within about 40 minutes. Now, you have to complete 3 invasions which in turn, takes about 60 minutes. Even worse, with a smaller player pool spread out over a greater number of invasion points, completing an invasion will take longer. Not to mention, the greater travel time means fewer invasions completed within a given amount of time.

Supposedly, the only way it works out is if you play one character for a considerably longer amount of time, say 4 hours or more but one, I doubt that even works out with the increased travel time and two, most people don't play in such long stretches. So, effectively it's a good sized nerf.
Just ran an invasion on my 88 DK and it seems like they seriously buffed the xp from mob kills. I was getting 5-6k xp per infernal before rested bonus.
I have been doing them on numerous characters every 4 hours, on say about 4-5, before today.

Now since the XP nerf but 'more invasions quicker', I feel like I'm forced into focusing on 1-2, considering each invasion + travel time (not a mage) seems close to 15-20mins, so 1 hour doing invasions, 1 hour down.

Not a huge fan at all. The xp nerf is honestly crap. It's taking 6 invasions in a 4 hour gap to gain what was granted in 2 invasions over 4 hours.

Questing and dungeons are faster at this point.
08/16/2016 06:21 PMPosted by Qari
Just ran an invasion on my 88 DK and it seems like they seriously buffed the xp from mob kills. I was getting 5-6k xp per infernal before rested bonus.

yes, until someone else joins in, even just one person, then your solo 5k xp drops to the low hundreds or tens.
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now.
08/16/2016 06:14 PMPosted by Hyatch
All you losers "protesting" by AFKing, are only making it take longer.
thanks for telling us you don't understand how mob scaling works.
Yesterday I made a horde druid to test out how Feral worked. Ended up loving it, so decided to level it. Got to about level 29 before the nerfs hit. Now? I've gained maybe 5 levels today. Compared to the 19 from yesterday.
It takes me anywhere from 3-5 days play time to level my alts from 1-100, That's 72-120 hours of my time that it takes to level 1 character, I have 10 characters at level 100 currently. This was a really nice reprieve to not have to mind numbing grind out those accounts. I would love if blizz listened to their player base for once, will it happen... I'm not sure.