How are you handling the Invasion Exp Nerf?

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 253 Next
I'm seeing a noticeable difference in XP. Instead of getting a penalty on per mob kill, I'm getting a group bonus for killing the mobs now.

Before:
* Me solo = 2-5k xp per mob
* Someone hit my mob = 10xp

Now:
* Me solo = 2-9K xp per mob
* Someone hit my mob = 1-3K xp

Do note, if a ton of people hit it - like a zerg, it still is crappy XP. Wish they could adjust that a little... just boost the XP per named boss too.

It motivates people to get off their rump and stop AFKing for XP imo, good change (but I wouldn't cry if they upped each stage a tiny bit too)
One other thing I noticed Blizz if you read this was that I am getting reduced xp for participating in kills as a lower level when anyone higher hits something. Can this be patched to not reduce my xp for participation?
08/16/2016 06:37 PMPosted by Baylifeswags
Now if only our lowbies could stop getting wrecking when trying to participate.
this! 100 times this!

it's the whole reason most were AFKing to begin with.
I still can't believe all the upset over this. Blizzard didn't delete your 100s or steal your first born. They nerfed something that wasn't supposed to be happening. This isn't an alt raising event. This is an event that's supposed to get us hyped for the expansion release. For those who were using it as an alt leveling event: it's over. Buy some heirlooms and finish leveling them the normal way.

This has been brought to you by a person who has 13 level 100s who were leveled way before this event.
First off, I doubt killing invaders can give us the exp that we used to get. BUT- Even if it was possible to kill enough to get the same exp, how could you? People tag and kill mobs in seconds. There's no viable way (especially as a lowbie) to easily get mobs to actually kill.
mobs spawn all over the zone past the first phase I think. Getting away from the main town can help you kill mobs solo.
08/16/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Cutmeplz

I am still only getting 94 XP for killing final boss.

Yep.
Only thing I really cared about was the nethershards but then my playstyle is very laid back.

I can kinda see why they nerfed the xp though.
Honestly it does not help any. Non tap from other players at lvl 86 full heirloom gear 296 to 4k exp. Tapped by someone in a raid 96 exp. This does not feel me with the motivation to return to these invasions with the time investment for little reward.
Glad to see Blizzard looking at the feedback on this. I'm not as concerned about the exp nerf as much as I am about dividing up the available players. 2 simultaneous invasions during early morning hours were...doable, but slow at times. But then having players split up into 3 different zones at less than peak times makes some invasions pretty difficult to play an unenjoyable.
08/16/2016 06:23 PMPosted by Ornyx
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We agree that our initial change made Invasions too unrewarding for characters who weren’t at max level, so we’ve just applied a hotfix that increases XP gains from killing Legion invaders. Since Invasions are only around for a short period of time, we want them to feel lucrative, and provide incentives to actively participate in them.

You should be seeing a lot more progress on your XP bar for helping your fellow Azerothians fight the Legion now.

This is great if you're not on a PvP server. Being a level 30 and trying to kill Legion invaders isn't very rewarding when you're getting ganked non-stop.
08/16/2016 06:40 PMPosted by Kyreen
I still can't believe all the upset over this. Blizzard didn't delete your 100s or steal your first born. They nerfed something that wasn't supposed to be happening. This isn't an alt raising event. This is an event that's supposed to get us hyped for the expansion release. For those who were using it as an alt leveling event: it's over. Buy some heirlooms and finish leveling them the normal way.

This has been brought to you by a person who has 13 level 100s who were leveled way before this event.

Wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin.

You realize most people leveled alts by using the 300% exp potion and just turning in bonus objectives in WoD right?

Coming from someone who has leveled more than 13 chars to 100, this nerf was really sad.
At darkmoon faire, the 2 pet battles. I get about 12k exp for the battle and 12k exp for the quest turn in. Then I do the other pet battle and quest turn in. I get 1.5 levels/darkmoon on about an hour of pet battling quest. Actually, even just chasing toads around some lake seems like better exp than what you all are upset about from the invasions. My Draenor alt got annoyed and power-levelled the last stretch to 100 on pet battles in Gorgrond. Lastly, not sure wtf anyone thinks there should be anything that awards exp to afk'ers - fundamentally the same as botting even if Blizzard goofed up and let that mechanic exist. Sorry the exp from killing monsters got nerfed, but I never noticed that either - exp from quests and pet battles vastly superior to exp from killing monsters or afk'ing historically. People bragging about levelling 1-100 in 40 hours in 2015 and no invasions or new stuff then.

As for travel time, get some flight paths, maybe the guild cloak to teleport to stormwind, and your hearthstone to Theramore Isle in Kalimdor. Alliance might not get flight path for Azhora or Taren Mill, and Horde maybe not a flight path for westfall or dun morogh, but the rest seem alright with flight paths. For the ones you have to hike to, try doing some pet battles on the way for easy/quick exp. Invasions always phase 1 whenever you arrive, first or last 20 minutes.
I was loving the invasions, hell I even went on Vanilla-esque suicidal adventures to get to Gadgetzan and Tarren Mill on lower level characters just 'cause it reminded me of the good ol' days where I'd do stuff like that all the time.

Now? Just AFKing and not really caring. I'll at least be able to get my Death Knight up to 100, but now I'll have to pick and choose between my Rogue/Warlock/Warrior/Hunter/Monk that are all around level 45-61. Definitely not going to bother with trying to get my Mage/Shaman/Priest set up to do Invasions either at this point. Was even going to maybe play my old Vanilla Alliance toons and get one of them up to 100 so I could do the Alliance side of the Broken Shore stuff again in order to nab that Bonnet, but meh.

The thing that bugs me about it the most is that this is a three week event and potential gains were already stifled until the hotfix that came in on Thursday or Friday? So we only had like a weekend + a day or two to really enjoy the amazing gains.

Now we're stuck with sub-par gains that kill the ability to level up alts at a good pace, and in order to get similar gains it requires a lot more time investment and effort. To the point where you have to do FIVE INVASIONS just to get SLIGHTLY higher exp than doing TWO. How the flip is that fair? Where is the fun in that? Quest/dungeon grinding is better at this point, the only good thing about Invasions now is that you can AFK and do other stuff while getting some exp if you keep at it.

And we don't even know if they'll actually make gains better again for alts or not. Either way it's likely not going to result in me getting many more characters leveled up unless the exp gains are changed within a few days.

Probably going to just switch to AFK farming on specific specs that can get the three remaining weapon transmogs that I need.

Edit: The kill exp buff doesn't mean jack squat either right now due to tagging, and even then it's still going to not be worthwhile on lower level alts who can't get to invasion leaders fast enough before everyone else kills them. This nerf straight-up killed any incentive for low level characters to get involved.
Killing monsters isn't worth it at all. I get more XP from a single kill per dungeon.

Level 90 and getting 100-450 exp per kill? No thank you...
I was really enjoying re-learning my low level alts that I was going to eventually level for Legion. The XP from invasions was such a new, fun way to level up. Since the nerf now, I feel less inclined to actually do them because the reward doesn't feel as great. I have no point to do them on my main, really. So back to the shelf my low level alts go, I suppose.
Happy with this.