Huge Guardian Mastery Nerf??

Druid
1 2 3 22 Next
This morning I am showing half the benefit from mastery on my bear tank. As of last night I was getting 32% bonus with 2732 mastery. This morning I'm getting 16% bonus from the same amount. I have 110k less hp in bear form...

Tell me this is a bug. (I optimistically already put in a bug report)
Same here, went from 25% to 13%
I seen it coming, considering how health scales for tanks at 110 our HP was well over 1-1.5M higher than other tanks same level..

They havent released any notes for today but it is tuesday so something changed
Far more importantly, was the healing increase also reduced?
08/23/2016 08:02 AMPosted by Gambanteinn
Far more importantly, was the healing increase also reduced?

Yes. All benefits from mastery have been halved; Max HP, Healing received, and Attack Power
where can we see the notes for today ?
I do not like that change Bears tank with their face. It is expected for them to have more health than other tanks.
The patch notes today make no mention of the nerf at all. This is going make our threat generation even worse than it currently is.
08/23/2016 09:11 AMPosted by Krolorn
The patch notes today make no mention of the nerf at all. This is going make our threat generation even worse than it currently is.

Total hp and threat generation are seperate issues.
08/23/2016 09:27 AMPosted by Braellynn
08/23/2016 09:11 AMPosted by Krolorn

Total hp and threat generation are seperate issues.

Mastery = Health, Attack Power, and Healing Received

Less Attack Power = Less Damage = Less Threat generated

Mastery: Nature's Guardian
Requires Druid (Guardian)
Requires level 78
Increases your maximum health and healing received by 8%.

Also increases your attack power by 8%.
08/23/2016 09:11 AMPosted by Rykër
I do not like that change Bears tank with their face. It is expected for them to have more health than other tanks.

Guardian still has the highest stamina modifier before mastery. Even if this nerf is intended, you'll still have more health than similarly geared tanks of other classes.
08/23/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Krolorn

If that is how threat works DPS would steal threat constantly from tanks which it isnt
08/23/2016 09:32 AMPosted by Braellynn

If that is how threat works DPS would steal threat constantly from tanks which it isnt

This is exactly how it works. There is a reason tanks have "Increased Threat Generation"

Example: Bear Form

Bear Form
7.4% of base mana
Instant cast
Shapeshift into Bear Form, increasing armor by 250% and Stamina by 20%.

Ability racial bearform Guardian (Level 10)
Also reduces all magical damage taken by 10%, reduces the chance the Druid will be critically hit by 6%, and reduces the chance for attacks to be parried by 3%.

Increases threat generation, protects the caster from Polymorph effects, and allows the use of various bear abilities.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement impairing effects.

Empowered Bear Form (Level 92+)
Bear Form grants you an additional 10% Stamina.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Example: Defensive Stance

Defensive Stance
1.5 sec cooldown
Instant
A tanking combat stance that decreases damage taken by 20%, increases threat generation, and generates 1 Rage every 3 sec while in combat.

Improved Defensive Stance (Level 92+)
Defensive Stance now increases your armor by 10% and reduces damage taken by an additional 5%.
08/23/2016 09:32 AMPosted by Braellynn

DPS don't have threat modifiers.
08/23/2016 09:30 AMPosted by Tyrin
08/23/2016 09:11 AMPosted by Rykër

Guardian still has the highest stamina modifier before mastery. Even if this nerf is intended, you'll still have more health than similarly geared tanks of other classes.
So what? Other tanks have masteries that reduce damage and increase effective health (or time to live).

Losing half our mastery is a !@#$ing gigantic nerf a week from release. There was no way in hell bears were this much stronger than other tanks (if stronger at all in some cases). Furthermore, why in the hell is it not in the patch notes?
08/23/2016 09:34 AMPosted by Critcow

exactly issue is in the modifier of threat generating spells not mastery
TBH it makes mastery feel pretty weak. The scaling on it seems so very bad... 16% at 747 ilevel? I can hardly feel like I'll get excited about mastery loot pieces, unless the math somehow proves me wrong. I would've prefered a base damage reduction nerf while keeping high numbers on mastery.

Can we at least have incapacitating roar do something to compensate. This goes hand in my prediction that bears will be nerfed to be equal with everyone else... since our utility is dog!@#$ for mythic+ we'll be the worst mythic+ tank once again
So what? Other tanks have masteries that reduce damage and increase effective health (or time to live).

Nothing to do with what I said or what I quoted. Don't direct your whining at me.
08/23/2016 09:39 AMPosted by Braellynn

Are you not reading what I am saying?

Our mastery increases our ATTACK POWER which increases our DAMAGE which GENERATES THREAT.

The nerf to Mastery has halved our attack power bonus from mastery.
08/23/2016 09:39 AMPosted by Braellynn

Please stop talking.

Doing less damage reduces threat generation, which is relevant when comparing tanks vs other tanks. Threat is derived directly from damage done times a multiplier which all tanks have.