Thank you blizzard for the invasion xp

General Discussion
I kinda expect it to get nerfed, but until then, my army of low level alts will be farming for all they are worth...

Pretty decent gold for low levels from the gear to boot.

o.O I was already getting really good exp from them when I did them on an alt yesterday. So they given even more exp now, or was that kind of a delayed announcement?

It was part of the hotfix notes yesterday. It didn't go live when he tweeted that.

Keep in mind up until that point there was very little reason to do the Invasions on low level alts.

you get gear from the boxes

The gear inside them scales to your level
08/13/2016 08:53 PMPosted by Madeinhome
For the nopaws guy, when the invasions are that intense, you can spend pretty much 4 hours in the same char, getting 10-20 levels with ease, considering there's a lot of people in that zone working together.

Well, that way it's worked for me is I'm able to do two invasions per alt, then I have to wait for reset. So while I'm waiting I just jump on the next guy, rinse repeat. Been at it all day like this and it has REALLY paid off.
I have been working my way through the 9 classes I don't have at 100 on my server because I'm that interested in exploring all the Artifact and Class Hall quests. Since I'm Alliance, even having just easy access to the Eastern Kingdoms Invasions (assuming I get everyone out to an Arathi flight path to have proximity to Hillsbrad) I can just fly them all out (at their various levels) to Westfall, Dun Morogh, and Hillsbrad whenever they pop up for the next two weeks, and god only knows how many hours of time that is going to save.

By the way, Monks will a reasonably full set of heirlooms and their daily exp buff will absolutely clean up on this....
08/13/2016 06:40 PMPosted by Odycia
Is it pretty good XP?

My level 10 gnome hunter jumped to level 28 in 2 days just doing around 5 invasion events
2 invasions gave my 92 a full level, but it's best if you kill mobs that don't have many other people on them, even sharing a kill with a single 100 took her experience from 1000 to 30. Each stage gave her about 60k xp. Totally worth it.
08/13/2016 06:40 PMPosted by Odycia
Is it pretty good XP?
I gained like five levels on my level 36 warrior between the two invasions available. So yes.
It's so amazing, been able to capture some epic screenshots of what seems to be 50+ players flying together, and it has brought some sort of life into old zones. For those on PvP servers, it has been a good opportunity for some world PvP, which I enjoyed using cross-realm despite strictly playing PvE servers.
I'm sure a lot of people have a myriad of lower level alts they don't have time to level or gear. Like me.

I've been doing the invasions on 6 different characters around level 85-90 and another one on a different account. The best part about doing invasions as you level up (besides the great XP for the time spent) is the gear from chests. If you save up all the chests until you hit level 100, they will all contain level 100 ilvl 700 gear and a bunch of Nethershards.

I leveled a monk from 94-100 just doing invasions, and by the time I hit max level I had maybe 18 chests to open. After doing the broken isles scenario real quick it was pretty much instant ilvl 700. Awesome!!
08/13/2016 10:30 PMPosted by Saciaan
By the way, Monks will a reasonably full set of heirlooms and their daily exp buff will absolutely clean up on this....

Sadly the extra xp quest does not work past 89. In lvl90 it gets redesigned into extra mastery.
I must concur.

Look, ma! I got to 92!

EDIT: Stupid picture over there <--- hasn't updated yet.
08/13/2016 11:31 PMPosted by Madeinhome
08/13/2016 10:30 PMPosted by Saciaan

Sadly the extra xp quest does not work past 89. In lvl90 it gets redesigned into extra mastery.

Fair enough (and I actually think it's reduced to 10 or 20% from 85-90 as well), but for any low level Monk (mine is in the 45 range, just sitting at the Peak of Serenity all week logging in once a day to rack up another hour of the buff) these invasions are going to be a all-you-can-eat buffet of EXP. Go Brewmaster and que for a couple dungeons once you've done them, and then right back to a couple more levels when the invasions pop again. Nothing outside of refer a friend will level as fast as a Monk will right now.
It's a fun way to level alts that's for sure.
I got 5 levels on one character in one invasion. She was 11 and went to 16.
This change makes me want to level more alts into the range where camping them in invasions is a good move. I've gone from logging into a BC character for five minutes then logging off, to seeing how fast I can get other characters up to 60 for when the invasions ramp up. I hope it doesn't get nerfed, since it's a godsend for alt apathy.
08/13/2016 07:24 PMPosted by Halimar
blizzard employee: SIR WE ARE DETECTING FUN!!!

blizzard employee 2: FIRE ALL CANNONS WE WILL ERASE THIS SCUM CALLED FUN FROM AZEROTH!

LOL exactly
08/13/2016 11:39 PMPosted by Drede
It's a fun way to level alts that's for sure.
Yep, I'm so glad I was dreading lvling my alts but not anymore.
gone from level 33 to level 57 in almost 2 days now

Hey, I'm happy as can be, Grinding levels can be a chore after a while. Any thing that speeds up the proccess I'm all for
08/14/2016 12:12 PMPosted by Seger
gone from level 33 to level 57 in almost 2 days now

Hey, I'm happy as can be, Grinding levels can be a chore after a while. Any thing that speeds up the proccess I'm all for
Nice!!
Loving this dusted off my few low level alts and I am having a blast with the exp and invasions.