Feign Death Bugged?

Hunter
So I'm pretty new to the class but it seems to me that Feign Death isn't working properly. In fact, it's not working at all.

My character doesn't complete the "dying" animation in combat. Instead, I just stand there, with the same threat as before and continue to get beat on in both PvE and PvP.

Am I missing something here? Is it just completely useless now? And if not, what am I doing wrong?

P.S. I made a /stopattack macro with it to see if that would help. It did not.
i'm not having any problems with it, nor do i use a stopattack macro.

in pvp its main use is for the enemy to lose their target on you. works very well against long casts / incoming cc
If you mouse turn, turning with your mouse's right click (that rotates your character) will immediately break FD. It's been a problem since vanilla. Instead of making it so that right click doesn't turn your character, and functions as left click does in regards to the camera while FD is active, it just turns your character, making you stand up, or counting as "movement".

I wish they would change this, but as of yet, I've seen no work on it.
08/20/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Fjorndor
So I'm pretty new to the class but it seems to me that Feign Death isn't working properly. In fact, it's not working at all.

It's not just you.

I've been having the same problem. Feign Death is working differently than it did before, which in many cases just means that it doesn't work at all. I don't know why, but sometimes the character just pops back up out of the animation and FD just cancels, but is now on cool-down. Sometimes it doesn't drop aggro at all. Sometimes it only affects a few of the mobs.

Something like that. It can be hard to tell what's happening in combat when the results are so inconsistent.

This is an extremely frustrating bug or change that is even MORE frustrating because of the drastic nerf to pet's being able to hold aggro.

The FD-bug, along with the loss of pet-aggro & pet-survival & removal of MD-glyph, etc., etc., have all together virtually killed Hunter-soloing and as a result, I'm not going to be buying Legion until these problems are fixed.
It's been the issue with FD forever, you have to make sure you give yourself 2-3 seconds to use FD. Cast it, and wait. It may take several seconds for enemies to, first, stop attacking you (could be 2-3 auto attacks for it to kick in) and you need to have your pet keep attacking, so the enemies have something to go to right away. Also, if you're running w/o a pet you have to wait a few more seconds, because the enemies will stand around for a couple sec before moving to something else, or returning to their normal position. (remember when you're using this mechanic, you're fighting the ui system, and the ui system is slow and stupid, and takes a few sec to work through a thought)
08/20/2016 02:59 PMPosted by Hornshot
08/20/2016 01:04 PMPosted by Fjorndor

It's not just you.

I've been having the same problem. Feign Death is working differently than it did before, which in many cases just means that it doesn't work at all. I don't know why, but sometimes the character just pops back up out of the animation and FD just cancels, but is now on cool-down. Sometimes it doesn't drop aggro at all. Sometimes it only affects a few of the mobs.

Something like that. It can be hard to tell what's happening in combat when the results are so inconsistent.

This is an extremely frustrating bug or change that is even MORE frustrating because of the drastic nerf to pet's being able to hold aggro.

The FD-bug, along with the loss of pet-aggro & pet-survival & removal of MD-glyph, etc., etc., have all together virtually killed Hunter-soloing and as a result, I'm not going to be buying Legion until these problems are fixed.

I've also seen some inconsistencies with FD where it didn't work but went on cooldown or didn't work and didn't go on cooldown and then worked the second time. This hunter has been my main since wow came out so I know all the ins and outs about FD and something is off since the patch.

Supposedly the pet aggro problem got fixed but I haven't seen it so I went with lone wolf for now.
One of the most frustrating things I've experienced with it is with a shamans wolves or a beast mastery hunters stampede. I feign and they either keep on chewing my face or sit on top of me until I get up and then start attacking immediately. It doesn't seem to drop threat correctly anymore.
It only ever works 50% of the time. the skill will pop, the sound will play, but the character will stay standing and agro doesnt drop. and this is when i stand still and do nothing but hit feign death.. just to make sure it doesnt bug. but it still does.

So late 2017, still not working. and just to top it off.. it hasnt let me write this post for some hours. so its like even talking about it is bugged.
10/01/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Huntyoúdown
It only ever works 50% of the time. the skill will pop, the sound will play, but the character will stay standing and agro doesnt drop. and this is when i stand still and do nothing but hit feign death.. just to make sure it doesnt bug. but it still does.

So late 2017, still not working. and just to top it off.. it hasnt let me write this post for some hours. so its like even talking about it is bugged.

Do you have it in any sort of macro? The only time I can get it to work 100% of the time is with the default spell from the spellbook and making sure I release my right mouse button BEFORE using the skill. I don't know if the skill is just so buggy but I can attest to the fact I never had this issue in Cata or MoP, and I didn't play more than the 10 day trial back in WoD and I don't think I really played much hunter during that period.
I mouse turn with right click for more efficient movement, but it ruins FD. If you don't let go of right click as you feign, the skill becomes useless.
if you do anything after FD it get cancel instantly.

Im using a stop casting macro, Works 100% if your used to it. hell of a useful skills.
10/02/2017 03:07 AMPosted by Mölsondry
if you do anything after FD it get cancel instantly.

Im using a stop casting macro, Works 100% if your used to it. hell of a useful skills.

Stop casting will not help those who use RMB for turning, I know, I had it in my macro for FD, twice even to prevent auto-shoot, and still it fails if I hold RMB while moving then use FD. It's likely highly susceptible to latentcy.