Better hope you're not under level 10...

General Discussion
Well, just had to log off a new toon for 3.5 more hours because I got to level 6, and arrived in Kharanos at the beginning of an invasion. Before you hit level 10 you can't participate (get credit) for an invasion, so therefore it repeats over and over with no breaks. None of the NPCs will talk to you either, including quest givers. Not a HUGE deal for me as I have other characters to play, but if I were a new player? You might have just lost a customer with this. I know with 2 weeks left there isn't anything they can do, but they should have either:

1. Had a phased area for 1-9 without invasions
OR
2. Had invasions scale 1-100

This is an issue that should not have been ignored, yet went untested because the beta (and invasions) were really only tested at max level.

GG
eh, the event only lasts 3 weeks.... not really a huge deal.
If you're not new to the game you know you can leave Dun Morogh and level elsewhere, right? Hop on a flight down to Elwynn and quest there.

However for new players who don't know this then yes, definitely an issue.
08/14/2016 08:36 AMPosted by Annastasi

That's what I said, that it wasn't a huge deal to me, but to someone who is new and that is their first character? That would be mighty frustrating.
08/14/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Dårkweaver
If you're not new to the game you know you can leave Dun Morogh and level elsewhere, right? Hop on a flight down to Elwynn and quest there.

However for new players who don't know this then yes, definitely an issue.

EXACTLY! I'm going to go to SW and transmog out of this heirloom gear, then work on some profs. Don't really want to quest in Elwynn since I created my gnome to experience this questing area. But the point is, I know there are ways around and I have other things to do. New players, not so much.
08/14/2016 08:37 AMPosted by Sephiebear

That's what I said, that it wasn't a huge deal to me, but to someone who is new and that is their first character? That would be mighty frustrating.

Or might be the most awesome thing ever? Most invasions are over in 15 minutes anyways and the zone returns to normal. What's the issue?
08/14/2016 08:41 AMPosted by Elguays

Or might be the most awesome thing ever? Most invasions are over in 15 minutes anyways and the zone returns to normal. What's the issue?

The problem is that invasions last 4 hours and they are never over if you are level 1-9. I helped shoot at the final boss but I get no credit, so the invasions starts all over again. 15 minutes would have been a fun distraction even with no reward. 4 hours...

Hypothetical someones are trivially inconvenienced if they're completely ignorant about other zones existing. So, for justice, something, something.

The invasion only goes away if you get credit for completing it.

Levels 1-9 can't get credit for completing it. They'll just keep phasing into new invasions.
If they are brand, brand new -- as in -- never played the game before in their lives, they could:

a) play a new character in a different starting zone, just to get the feel for it;

b) get to IF and tram down.

This is a short-term event that millions are enjoying. I hardly think the burden on brand new players is that taxing. If anything, I would think it exciting and something to look forward to.

Bottom line: this is one of the most inane complaints ever, given the upsides for millions and the outside options available to those impacted by it.
08/14/2016 08:43 AMPosted by Sephiebear

The problem is that invasions last 4 hours and they are never over if you are level 1-9. I helped shoot at the final boss but I get no credit, so the invasions starts all over again. 15 minutes would have been a fun distraction even with no reward. 4 hours...

Should be getting XP to 10 from it tho no?

I mean we have
1 of 6 invasion zones slowing people of 2 low played races leveling.
I mean i hear ya, it's a bit silly not to give 5+ quest credit in this situation...but at same time is it really an issue?
08/14/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Elguays

My level 19 brewmaster did.. But supposedly if you're under level 10 you get nada.

that's why there are guilds and zone chats and forums, if someone isn't sure what's going on they can always ask. There's bound to be someone out there that's willing to help these noobs adjust.
08/14/2016 08:51 AMPosted by Dastaria
If they are brand, brand new -- as in -- never played the game before in their lives, they could:

a) play a new character in a different starting zone, just to get the feel for it;

b) get to IF and tram down.

This is a short-term event that millions are enjoying. I hardly think the burden on brand new players is that taxing. If anything, I would think it exciting and something to look forward to.

Bottom line: this is one of the most inane complaints ever, given the upsides for millions and the outside options available to those impacted by it.

More so I was pointing out what was probably not intended by Blizzard. I highly doubt they wanted to shut down whole quest lines for 4 hours for this event, one that is the starting area for 2 races. Maybe I should have put this in the bug thread instead. But on my server, there were 2 other low level characters just as frustrated as me that were visible to me, so I can't be alone in the frustration of this.
08/14/2016 08:56 AMPosted by Battleangel

that's why there are guilds and zone chats and forums, if someone isn't sure what's going on they can always ask. There's bound to be someone out there that's willing to help these noobs adjust.

This made me laugh! You are totally right though that there are ways to get the information, if they knew what those things are. I remember my first day when someone was whispering me and I didn't even know how to reply, let alone find a guild.
take it as a temporary slight inconvenience because once you do become level 10, you can participate and you level up like CRAZY. My Gnome hunter has run maybe 5 or 6 invasions, and jumped from lvl 10 to lvl 31.

In my humble opinion, the trade off is worth it.
08/14/2016 09:01 AMPosted by Deadhorse
take it as a temporary slight inconvenience because once you do become level 10, you can participate and you level up like CRAZY. My Gnome hunter has run maybe 5 or 6 invasions, and jumped from lvl 10 to lvl 31.

In my humble opinion, the trade off is worth it.

Yea, I'm really looking forward to when these 4 hours are up and I can get to level 10. Then I plan to participate quite a bit as a break from doing it at max level.
08/14/2016 08:54 AMPosted by Hasil
08/14/2016 08:52 AMPosted by Elguays

My level 19 brewmaster did.. But supposedly if you're under level 10 you get nada.

Interesting, i goofed around as a level 1 dwarf and got 0 xp from anything i touched . =/ That's really weird setup i hear ya.
This was more than a little incontinence yesterday. All day long it was in the dwarf/gnome area..
Yes i by passed it by just going to stormwind.
But what about a new player?
They are not going to know of those options. They are not going to have a guild or friends to fall back on for info. They may not even know about things like wowhead. To those saying ask in general....Really? You think the player community here is going to be helpful? If you think that then clearly you have not seen the typical responses to questions asked in general chat.

I and the others here are not saying stop the invasions. Just give some way for the under lvl 10 guys to keep playing in the area.