We did it!

Warlock
Today at 2:38pm Pacific Time, we received a blue post from Ornyx. See the post here: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748596134?page=14#post-273

He has recognized our massive outcry and will bring it to the attention of development team. But our job isn't done yet. The devs and Ornyx need to take the time to read all of our feedback and are requesting that a consolidated list be created for each spec.

Please note: I'm aware that there are tons and tons of feedback posts and due to the sheer volume cannot all be included in the list. I've added the ones that I've found to be the most concise in describing the overall and unanamous concerns that I've seen from the warlock community. All of our ideas are important, but we need to work on the issues that matter most i.e. Functionality over flare

Overall Consolidated List

• Beta Feedback by Hanazono http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748795049#post-3
  • Consolidated Lists for destruction:

• A Treatise of Destruction by Felrok http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748864899

• Other threads and posts addressing overall warlock issues include:

• Warlock feedback by Aurigha http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748784884
  • All specs by Tenebræ http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748596134?page=16#post-319
  • Worthy reads:

• Short Analysis of Warlocks by Baalsamael http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748686611?page=1

• I know that there have been many, many small lists created over the last few months - I'm going to go my best to see what I can find.

If you've seen or have made any consolidated lists focusing on the two remaining specs please let me know and I'll add it here

The posting limit has been raised for "Calling all Warlocks 2" so please continue the conversation there and post what information you can to help streamline the process.

Calling all Walocks 2: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748596134?page=1

I haven't had the opportunity to be super involved in this discussion over the last few months so I want my fellow warlocks to come together and get this amalgamation of concerns and feedback underway. This is the first step and I'm so proud of all of you.

I will continue to scour the forums and post updates here as they come.

Important update on giving feedback: 4:07 Pacific Time
    08/24/2016 03:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
    Just as a note on feedback for now and the future - I think it's easier to come to the table with the direct and exact issues you guys are having with particular specs and spells rather than what you guys might suggest as fixes for those issues themselves (seems like we are leaping a step forward there).

Keep that in mind when posting feedback and try to keep the funnel more towards:

Drain Life does not feel engaging or fun as a "filler" because... xxxxx.
    Green fire does not affect x, y, and z.
    Destruction no longer feels engaging or fun since xxxxx because... xxxxx.

Edit: Updates
    Welcome to the conversations, Chaksah! It's good to see more of our brethren joining.
    08/24/2016 02:53 PMPosted by Felrok
    Welcome to the conversations, Chaksah! It's good to see more of our brethren joining.

Thank you! It's great to be here and I want to do what I can for our class and community.
    I look forward to some constructive feedback and hopefully the communication leads to promising new things.
    I would recommend either a single thread or three threads for each spec all titled in the same fashion and referencing Ornyx, such as:

Re: Ornyx Request for Collated Feedback, (Insert Feedback)

Or I guess like the one linked, A Treatise for Demonology/Affliction
    The blue wanted a list I would suggest this:

A list for the biggest issues for all three specs in PvP then another list of the same for PvE. Cut out as many side ideas and off the wall stuff as possible. For example someone might want x spell that was in the game for 2 minutes during the original beta back in the game, suggestions like that wont do us much good. Stuff like Affliction in PvP doesn't put pressure on healers because to the Rot and Decay and Int nerf has more value. So to stress the point, cut out stuff like you want to see warlocks proc fairy wings every time your fel guard farts and stick to things like XYZ does less damage than it should, here's why:" Or "The upfront damage on this is too low and the tick damage is too high" etc.
    08/24/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Pepperstep
    So to stress the point, cut out stuff like you want to see warlocks proc fairy wings every time your fel guard farts and stick to things like XYZ does less damage than it should, here's why
    I think it's absolutely important for us to really focus on what's important and not to dwell on things that we simply cannot have (like Meta, or demon wings, or the old doomguard that took multiple people to summon, etc).

However, fel guard farts aside, I really hope that we don't forget some of the actual class flavor (yeah, I said it) that we've lost. I think, especially now that Demon Hunters can speak demonic, we should be able to get in on that again. I think it's very important that warlocks with green fire use the new casting animations. I think destro and affliction really need visual effects of some kind that make them stand out in the way every other dps caster does (spheres for aff and embers for destro, maybe).

All of the numbers tuning in the world won't be satisfying if in the end we still don't feel like felfire-flinging, soul-corrupting, demon-commanding Warlocks.
    08/24/2016 03:24 PMPosted by Inferis
    I think it's absolutely important for us to really focus on what's important and not to dwell on things that we simply cannot have (like Meta, or demon wings, or the old doomguard that took multiple people to summon, etc).

However, fel guard farts aside, I really hope that we don't forget some of the actual class flavor (yeah, I said it) that we've lost. I think, especially now that Demon Hunters can speak demonic, we should be able to get in on that again. I think it's very important that warlocks with green fire use the new casting animations. I think destro and affliction really need visual effects of some kind that make them stand out in the way every other dps caster does (spheres for aff and embers for destro, maybe).

All of the numbers tuning in the world won't be satisfying if in the end we still don't feel like felfire-flinging, soul-corrupting, demon-commanding Warlocks.

I agree with you. At this point, I think in order to mend our class flavor is to add functionality back into each spec.

That is to say.

• Demonology: Less hard casting, maybe a proc to add here and there for mobility
  • Destruction: Better resource cost, baseline excecute
  • Affliction: Baseline drains and ability to talent into a more volatile play style instead of the other way around
  • By addressing simple function issues first and visuals / flare later we will at least make our class playable until such time other concerns can be handled.
    I hope we get some real extensive reworks, especially for demo. I just felt since alpha that it didn't fit the fantasy of a "Master Summoner" A few simple things to improve this could be:

Make the three columns of talents focus on one thing each

One could be about having two permanent demons, one felguard and one other of your choice.

One could be about having a small group of powerful demons, like a Jailer, a felguard, a wrathguard, and an inquisitor.

The last could be about having a literal horde of demons, like several mini-infernals and a ton of imps (Around the caster)
    It seems someone finally decided to pay attention.

I'm still not putting any money on anything coming of this, but I would be glad to be proven dead wrong.
    08/24/2016 03:42 PMPosted by Nekromantic
    It seems someone finally decided to pay attention.

I'm still not putting any money on anything coming of this, but I would be glad to be proven dead wrong.
    I know it's pretty naive, but I already feel 100% better about Legion just because of Ornyx's posts. They couldn't possibly go back to ignoring us now.

Right?
    BLESS SARGERAS
    Op please add this post to yours. I'am not the author it is just one of the best written post on locks I have read and deserves to be seen by the devs. I don't know why this person posted it on GD a couple of days ago and it got buried.

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748686611?page=1

Thanks.

[/quote]

These are all valid. Having a cool factor can help more than having sbolt hit 15% harder. We can and should absolutely show our demonic power in an outward way. And old ritual of doom should be a toy that after being channeled on by multiple people and kills one, summons an npc demon that just Flys off. Warlocks aren't all about numbers, we need to retain unique Oh cool traits.

That said, I feel dreadstalkers could interact in a way that isn't just biting. Maybe giving them a chance to proc doom on the target, replicate, or reset health stone would be fun. Also, getting ahead of myself a bit, the artifact traits Dread of Night (3/3 points for 15% stalker crit) and Imp-aritor (1 point for 35% Imp crit) feel really bad when compared.

Edit: we also need.bigger demons. As shown by zalifrax and Wilfred, we don't just summon little friendly imps. Pit back the risk vs.reward.
    @OP - added your thread to master list

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748645930
    08/25/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Poynty
    @OP - added your thread to master list

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748645930

Thanks Poynty!
    "And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many."
    Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o
    Time for honorable mentions

I would like to thank The Council of The Black Harvest for investing money, time, and man power into this demonstration. Without you this dream wouldn't have been realized.

Thank You ladies and gentleman and good night!

*claps, standing ovation*
    Make Demonic Gateway a talent vs Demonic Teleport.

Make Demon Skin Baseline, and offer Howl of Terror in it's place.

Give Destruction another talent selection verses Grim of Supremacy.

Back Draft needs to be base line.

Backlash needs to be returned to us. (Instant cast Incinerates)

Reverse entropy cast reduction needs to be base line.

Over all. Destruction needs to be be sped up to reflect the lack of damage we're capable of doing. Also do not penalize us for wanting to make skillful plays with Goserv vs Gosac.

As it stands right now you are rewarded more in instanced pvp for actually going Shadow Burn, Mana Tap, Demon Skin, Soul Harvest, Dark Pact, Gosac, and Soul Conduit.

There is no creative game play here. The Succubus has been a staple of the Destruction warlock for years, and although I do like the immolate increasing imp damage to a degree it ultimately offers no long lasting utility for us as a caster.

Destruction's only niche is when our honor talents become avalible, and we will be able to explode health pools using Curse of Fragility, Fire stone, and Cremation.

Legion has taken even more from the Destruction Spec than WOD did. Sorry if I am ranting.

I just want Destruction to be engaging, and the player to feel rewarded for actually playing in a clever way. Not this mongoloid monstrosity it has become with the CD stacking.