I play a pve server

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Forcing pvp without warning will force me to quit. I play a pve server for a reason. I do NOT enjoy random PVP without the choice to.
How are you being forced?
I think you should quit the game. Put your foot down on this.
Down know why I'm downvoted, I haven't even played yet. Just asking, how are you being forced?
08/30/2016 11:25 AMPosted by Tylissius
Down know why I'm downvoted, I haven't even played yet. Just asking, how are you being forced?

Profession quests are in a FFA PVP area, as is the quest to unlock the obliterum forge for gear upgrades. There may be class quests down there, too, from what I've read. And the guards are apparently bugged atm.
The underbelly in new Dalaran is a FFA (free for all) pvp area. Anyone can kill anyone. There are bodyguards you are supposed to be able to buy but apparently they are bugged and not working as intended. Certain quest chains for proffs and class halls are down there. As well as the obliterum forge which means people have to frequent down there and are therefore being forced into a pvp situation.
I was out doing a quest in Val'Sharah and it said you're entering a PVP area, it give me a 5 second countdown to leave the invisible barrier I had entered. Not like it was a World questing area, I was level 100.

That and Dalaran's underbelly is PVP free-for-all area. Silly really because you need to go down there for many profession quests and other things, I don't wanna have to mess around getting a bodyguard.

If I wanted to PVP I'd play on a PVP server.
08/30/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Archinaut

Will do.

The opening quest line forces you into a pvp zone and your flagged without warning. Tons of folks down there to just cause grief and spoil the fun of players from pve realms.

screwthat.

LOL. You should most certainly vote with your dollars.

Some people are really butt hurt that they have to engage in pvp to do quests and are auto down voting anyone who does not fall in line with their viewpoint. To answer your question the underbelly in dalaran has ffa pvp and auto flags even on a pve server. I guess there are some quests and a class hall entrance nearby.
08/30/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Ànyîng

Profession quests are in a FFA PVP area, as is the quest to unlock the obliterum forge for gear upgrades. There may be class quests down there, too, from what I've read. And the guards are apparently bugged atm.

the BMAH is down there too.
Just when I thought Legion was going to be fun. Forced pvp. grats blizz on the brains of gnats.
Well technically you are warned, otherwise you wouldn't have to make this statement :P
of all the content of the game, there is only one little area where you can get flagged for pvp.... and you can hire a guard to prevent that from even happening... I think that you'll be okay.

If the guard is bugging out on you, then they will probably eventually fix it, it wasn't their intention for it to bug out on you... in the mean time, it really isn't a big deal.
08/30/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Morgueash

Will do.

The opening quest line forces you into a pvp zone and your flagged without warning. Tons of folks down there to just cause grief and spoil the fun of players from pve realms.

screwthat.

Why don't you find some friends and agree to help each other?

Is it because the pvp makes you feel bad? Anxiety? I mean you can be creative and get around this you just might die a few times.
08/30/2016 11:31 AMPosted by Morgueash
Just when I thought Legion was going to be fun. Forced pvp. grats blizz on the brains of gnats.

Better than not having a spine, I suppose.
I feel the same way only I dont want to PVE to get the best gear for PVP. Double edged sword, just gotta deal with it.
08/30/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Morgueash

Will do.

screwthat.

Don't quit, open a ticket and request a downgrade and refund. Escalate it until you get satisfaction.

They don't care if you quit as they already have your money. Start taking steps to make them give it back.
08/30/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Phantomhoof
of all the content of the game, there is only one little area where you can get flagged for pvp.... and you can hire a guard to prevent that from even happening... I think that you'll be okay.

If the guard is bugging out on you, then they will probably eventually fix it, it wasn't their intention for it to bug out on you... in the mean time, it really isn't a big deal.

You may not have been on the forums much today. The animosity towards the underbelly is very much strong. But I agree, a little pvp never hurt anyone.
Well... After being informed of this, I think you'd be safer to group up and do quests with buddies. Harder to kill a group doing the same quests than one on ones.

I think it's a great way to encourage players to think outside the box and socialize with other players.

Blizz did say there would be PvP zones also, so can't cry foul over being warned. I can definitely see Underbelly being retweaked though, or at least move certain vendors and stuff to the top of Dal for people that don't want to be involved in FFA against their wills.