I play a pve server

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
08/30/2016 11:33 AMPosted by Phantomhoof
of all the content of the game, there is only one little area where you can get flagged for pvp.... and you can hire a guard to prevent that from even happening... I think that you'll be okay.

If the guard is bugging out on you, then they will probably eventually fix it, it wasn't their intention for it to bug out on you... in the mean time, it really isn't a big deal.

This is actually the 3rd such area they've ever added, but the other two were arenas out in the world.
08/30/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Fia
I feel the same way only I dont want to PVE to get the best gear for PVP. Double edged sword, just gotta deal with it.

Nah, I don't have to deal with it, I just won't go down there even if it means I miss out, I'll miss out.

I won't PVP even if it had the best piece of gear attached to it in the game.

To each their own, I'm glad you enjoy PVP, but I and many others don't.

I hate that adrenaline hyped up rush feeling I get when I enter PVP. It's fine to get that feeling from a raid encounter, but 100% amped up emotions? Nah, I like to relax.
Former undead knight of the Lich King, wielding the so-and-so cursed blade of eternal murder.

Afraid of other players.
yeah and don't force us to do your trash 90 stage rp scenario questline to start actually leveling
I play on a RP server... and it's nice... I like it. It's a little flavor, it's only a small area... you won't be getting ganked anywhere else.
Lol. Quit then OP. I am forced to do pve things I don't enjoy in order to get things I want also. Deal with it.
08/30/2016 11:36 AMPosted by Dtock
of all the content of the game, there is only one little area where you can get flagged for pvp.... and you can hire a guard to prevent that from even happening... I think that you'll be okay.

If the guard is bugging out on you, then they will probably eventually fix it, it wasn't their intention for it to bug out on you... in the mean time, it really isn't a big deal.

You may not have been on the forums much today. The animosity towards the underbelly is very much strong. But I agree, a little pvp never hurt anyone.
I play on a PVE server... and I like it. It's not in any of the questing areas and is completely avoidable.
08/30/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Miashaa
The underbelly in new Dalaran is a FFA (free for all) pvp area. Anyone can kill anyone. There are bodyguards you are supposed to be able to buy but apparently they are bugged and not working as intended. Certain quest chains for proffs and class halls are down there. As well as the obliterum forge which means people have to frequent down there and are therefore being forced into a pvp situation.

Well that's just silly. I'm a pvp-server kinda goblin, but I can see why PVE players would be annoyed.
08/30/2016 11:29 AMPosted by Dtock
08/30/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Archinaut
I think you should quit the game. Put your foot down on this.

LOL. You should most certainly vote with your dollars.

08/30/2016 11:25 AMPosted by Tylissius
Down know why I'm downvoted, I haven't even played yet. Just asking, how are you being forced?

Some people are really butt hurt that they have to engage in pvp to do quests and are auto down voting anyone who does not fall in line with their viewpoint. To answer your question the underbelly in dalaran has ffa pvp and auto flags even on a pve server. I guess there are some quests and a class hall entrance nearby.

People have every right to be upset about this. When I first started WoW, I rolled on a PvP server. After getting ganked by a 60 in Vanilla STV for the millionth time I said "F@#$ THIS S@#$!" and moved to a PvE server. This was the best decision I ever made in WoW, and I made it for one reason: so I could completely avoid this BS. Being forced back into something I don't enjoy, and previously rerolled toons to avoid (there were no realm transfers back then), is absolutely ridiculous.
08/30/2016 11:38 AMPosted by Mirson
Former undead knight of the Lich King, wielding the so-and-so cursed blade of eternal murder.

Afraid of other players.

It's funny how lore and reality just don't mesh isn't it? Unless you're telling me that blade of eternal murder has some kinda instakill switch for the gang of rogues waiting in the shadows for the next hapless victim of their killing sprees :P
08/30/2016 11:43 AMPosted by Eggscendance
08/30/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Miashaa
The underbelly in new Dalaran is a FFA (free for all) pvp area. Anyone can kill anyone. There are bodyguards you are supposed to be able to buy but apparently they are bugged and not working as intended. Certain quest chains for proffs and class halls are down there. As well as the obliterum forge which means people have to frequent down there and are therefore being forced into a pvp situation.

Well that's just silly. I'm a pvp-server kinda goblin, but I can see why PVE players would be annoyed.

I'm pretty annoyed I have to PVE to do well in PVP, but I'm sure if I complained about this I'd get a few dozen dragonslayers insisting I suck it up.
08/30/2016 11:41 AMPosted by Mattyfresh
Lol. Quit then OP. I am forced to do pve things I don't enjoy in order to get things I want also. Deal with it.

That's always the excuse I hear whenever bad game design flaw is implemented. It was voiced loudly in Beta as well all summer, trust me on that one. They had time to do something about it, bodyguards are nice and all, but doesn't guarantee you safety all the time and they bug out a LOT.
So, why even have these distinctions of PvE and PvP servers then?
in the mean time, it really isn't a big deal.

Uh yes it is I can not get to the broken isle or artifact progression without bribing some npc down there and it is full of griefing.

We all know how fast it'll get fixed... SOON.tm
08/30/2016 11:38 AMPosted by Supersonic
Nah, I don't have to deal with it, I just won't go down there even if it means I miss out, I'll miss out.

I won't PVP even if it had the best piece of gear attached to it in the game.

Omg, you openly self-pitying troglodytes are unbearably pathetic. Lmfao. You're like one of those guys that was breastfed until he was 12. Congrats.

Downvote me if you're also in this category. Hahaha.
Gonna say suck it up buttercup.

Downvotes inbound.
I kinda wish the PvPers would show a bit of empathy on this.

People rolled on PvE servers not necessarily because they dislike PvP, but because they don't want to be in a constant state of PvP. They want to choose when they engage in that part of the game.

Being flagged against their will removes that choice for them. In short, they stop being on a PvE realm, and start being on a PvP one.

There are, I hear (I won't have the chance to log in til tonight), PvE quests & upgrade areas exclusive to the Underbelly, which means an area that might otherwise be avoided by someone who doesn't want to (even if just at that moment) PvP starts to feel "mandatory". This increases the upset.

While there are apparently guards that you can pay 5g to safeguard you while you're down there, they're reportedly bugged right now, and disappearing sooner than they should. I'm hearing some reports that they're even in areas where you still run the risk of being ganked just by trying to get to them.

The CRZ that's happening which is merging PvE & PvP realms exacerbates things. PvE players, who often aren't used to or just want to avoid an always-on PvP experience, now have to worry about players from PvP realms who get great enjoyment out of fighting other players, some of whom aren't polite about it: they don't care if you don't want to fight, they want to fight, which is all that matters to them.

It's release day, and I imagine that the bugs will get worked out, but until that happens, try to realize that the playstyle you (the PvP players) enjoy isn't necessarily the one PvE players always enjoy, and when you go after them when it seems abundantly obvious they aren't there to fight, you're doing nothing but taking a thermonuclear crap on their gaming experience solely so you can have a few chuckles over killing what often amounts to an "unarmed" combatant.
08/30/2016 11:36 AMPosted by Izziemae
Don't quit, open a ticket and request a downgrade and refund. Escalate it until you get satisfaction.

i think i will.
08/30/2016 11:31 AMPosted by Morgueash
Just when I thought Legion was going to be fun. Forced pvp. grats blizz on the brains of gnats.

You couldn't write the intro header for this game son.

No loss here.