I play a pve server

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
08/30/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Daniarra
I kinda wish the PvPers would show a bit of empathy on this.

Why would they? PvP players have been forced to PvE for years to be competitive, and they don't really complain about it. Every single time PvE players are forced to do even an ounce of PvP (winning one freaking battleground in MoP, etc) they freak out.

I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for god's sake, making such a huge fuss over this every single time is such a huge over reaction. Who knows, PvE players might even enjoy it if they got the "PvP = bad" mentality out of their head.
08/30/2016 11:49 AMPosted by Rubedo
So, why even have these distinctions of PvE and PvP servers then?

Maybe for the other 99.5% of the game?
08/30/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Daniarra
I kinda wish the PvPers would show a bit of empathy on this.

I kinda wish the carebears would just deal with it.
isnt there a pve flag debuff you can get in this area? I had it and I wasnt flagged.
When the unwelcome ganking - specifically on a PvE server - affects the ability to complete a task, it can create real anxiety for the player. This is a real life issue. Someone mentioned 'playing within the framework of the game' earlier. I wholly agree with that. However, when the highest level of that framework starts with a PvE server, forced PvP or FFA areas should not even be considerations.

I hated the PvP required for the cloak in MoP; but at least it was instanced so I did it. FFA is not instanced, one (or more) players can camp you knowing you can't or won't fight back. This impedes gameplay and makes the gaming experience a negative one.

Fix it please.
I can get where the PvE people are coming from tbh. They moved and stay there because they would rather choose when they PvP, where as for us PvPers we just kinda go along with whatever Blizz throws at us because otherwise it wouldn't be fun.

I'd say just move the vendors out of the FFA zone but leave it a FFA place. Win-win is it not?
10034 honorable kills.
Me maybe 100 over 4 years.
08/30/2016 11:36 AMPosted by Dtock
But I agree, a little pvp never hurt anyone.

It doesn't, when people choose to partake of it.

Gating quests and progression behind PvP for people who have absolutely no desire or inclination to get involved in that kind of thing is really a bad design decision when there isn't an alternative.
This is nothing new.
#BlameHolinka
08/30/2016 11:45 AMPosted by Mirson
08/30/2016 11:43 AMPosted by Eggscendance

Well that's just silly. I'm a pvp-server kinda goblin, but I can see why PVE players would be annoyed.

I'm pretty annoyed I have to PVE to do well in PVP, but I'm sure if I complained about this I'd get a few dozen dragonslayers insisting I suck it up.

Yes. Yes you would. You and I both. I don't know whether to be entertained by the multiple threads (pve'ers have been lecturing us to suck it up and pve for years), or to be understanding.

I do understand the anger. But, geez people! Did all that stuff you've been lecturing us with ("just play the game as they designed it, " and "get over it. Do the content or DON'T get the reward") just vanish from your minds or what?!?
08/30/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Vondajane
I do understand the anger. But, geez people! Did all that stuff you've been lecturing us with ("just play the game as they designed it, " and "get over it. Do the content or DON'T get the reward") just vanish from your minds or what?!?

Being catered to left and right for years changes peoples views and makes them biased.
i have a feeling this wont last long. Griefing never goes over well with the playerbase.
08/30/2016 11:34 AMPosted by Ronstan
08/30/2016 11:28 AMPosted by Morgueash

Will do.

The opening quest line forces you into a pvp zone and your flagged without warning. Tons of folks down there to just cause grief and spoil the fun of players from pve realms.

screwthat.

Why don't you find some friends and agree to help each other?

Is it because the pvp makes you feel bad? Anxiety? I mean you can be creative and get around this you just might die a few times.

It makes Me feel anxiety. It's not about dying. It's about allowing mean-spirited people to stop my progress because their way of having fun is to victimize others, and this online way is the only way they dare do so.

PvP should be optional. This game started as a PvE game. There are battlegrounds and world PvP on PvP realms to satisfy those who love the challenge of honorable PvP, and there's stuff like this to cater to those who love to kill characters who don't have the slightest idea how to defend ourselves nor any desire to PvP at all, ever, anymore.

Sure was fun back in the Winterspring days though, I admit that!
Oh that's interesting. Doing professions is going to be dangerous again. Like trying to make cloth in Netherstorm that spawned 2 hard hitting Khadgar's-servant-twins that killed me daily as a tailor, in TBC. Had to do it in the bank area so the bruisers would help me kill the mobs.

Except it's just PvP so it's random, not a guaranteed spawn and daily death.

Gonna need a raid to BMAH again, huh?

We'll see how long it will take for the PvErs to overwhelm Blizz with complaints about having to PvP. Cuz that worked so well for all the PvP parts of the Long Strange Trip meta.

08/30/2016 12:06 PMPosted by Deirdra
This game started as a PvE game.

But it sure didn't stay that way. It didn't take long for PvP to be introduced and it's now a PvP/PvE game. Bringing IRL anxieties and conditions into the game is just wrong. If a video game made you feel like that, stop playing it!

I can understand Blizz fixing the graphics stuff that was making people puke (wonder if that wasn't exaggerated since how can you verify that?). But they're not getting rid of PvP just because some people are feeling victimized by PvP ganker-bullies. Puleez

e: ITT righteous PvErs with no view past their noses
08/30/2016 12:05 PMPosted by Yagato
i have a feeling this wont last long. Griefing never goes over well with the playerbase.

I wholeheartedly agree. Thinking maybe by next Tuesday this will be patched out. There has just been way too much foaming at the mouth vitriol for blizzard not to respond.
There has to be someone at the decision-making level at Blizzard who just thinks that frustrating a lot of players so that the gank-boys can have fun is a great idea. The guy who feels that way was probably all up in Everquest back in the day camping low-level new players and cackling over it and he has never really grown up.

I know I will LOATHE this feature. SO will the few friends I have left playing.

Seriously, Blizzard, people who dislike PVP really, really dislike it. Why do you do this? Why put in a feature that just upsets a whole lot of players?
I've made my downgrade request ticket. This is not the game that was advertised to me and I won't be cheated by actiblizz for a second expansion in a row.
I am on a PvP server and think this is silly. Forcing someone into PvP when they specifically rolled on a PvE server is bad design. The PvE realm folks should be able to flag out of it when they enter the Underbelly, let the guards offer a buff you can get that makes you unable to be attacked. Simple fix that leaves the area the way it is for those that choose to PvP.
This FFA area is another illustration of how stupid the development team can be at times. Once again, we have a story that is forcing the Horde and Alliance to work together to defeat a common enemy. Once again, we have absolutely no lore reason for PVP.

I can see having a daily quest hub be a FFA area if that's what the development team wants, but to put it in Dalaran where some members of the Kirin Tor are already angry the Horde is even in the city to begin with is laughably bad storytelling.