I play a pve server

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Actually the OP has a point. i jumped on a PVE server to avoid PVP. If i wanted to PVP i would have gone to a PVP server. IF Blizzard wants to keep the FFA thats fine. move the other crap from the area. and let those idiots grief each other.
08/30/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Fia
I feel the same way only I dont want to PVE to get the best gear for PVP. Double edged sword, just gotta deal with it.

Except that is not what this thread is about. Start your own thread and quit hijacking mine.

This is NOT the game that was advertised to me nor was WoD. I'm getting a refund and quitting for good and all.
08/30/2016 12:13 PMPosted by Morgueash
I've made my downgrade request ticket. This is not the game that was advertised to me and I won't be cheated by actiblizz for a second expansion in a row.

I have a sub paid til the 16th next month (cancelled). Guess I should put in a ticket re: my "upgrade" and speak to my husband about doing the same (cancel and request refund). A small part of me hopes this will be fixed before the 16th, although it wasn't changed pre-launch or released in a reasonable manner as expected by a game that started out as Player Versus Environment. I wouldn't have prepaid if I'd been sure this was a real thing. It seemed impossible that the company would cater to the ganking, bullying crowd and allow them to feed off of the rest of us. And for the last time, the game STARTED as a PvE game with PvP as a side feature.
08/30/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Morgueash
08/30/2016 11:35 AMPosted by Fia
I feel the same way only I dont want to PVE to get the best gear for PVP. Double edged sword, just gotta deal with it.

Except that is not what this thread is about. Start your own thread and quit hijacking mine.

This is NOT the game that was advertised to me nor was WoD. I'm getting a refund and quitting for good and all.

Do you know what would happen if PvPers said they don't want to PvE? They would get "suck it up PvP guy."

So I'm gonna say suck it up PvE guy.
With all of the lowest common denominators coming out of the woodwork complaining, I'm actually convinced that Blizzard made the right choice for once.

Blizzard has been catering to you people for years and it hasn't worked. Time to weave a little chaos back into the game.
08/30/2016 12:20 PMPosted by Deirdra
And for the last time, the game STARTED as a PvE game with PvP as a side feature.
And the United States STARTED as a country with slavery.

Just because something started one way doesn't mean it's how it should be now.

Things change. Get used to it or get out of the way.
So do I, not on this toon and I see no issue still.
You think the Legion cares?

Your suffering has only just begun!
08/30/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Hambamwar
08/30/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Daniarra
I kinda wish the PvPers would show a bit of empathy on this.

Why would they? PvP players have been forced to PvE for years to be competitive, and they don't really complain about it. Every single time PvE players are forced to do even an ounce of PvP (winning one freaking battleground in MoP, etc) they freak out.

There's a meaningful difference. When a player who doesn't want to PvP is put in a scenario where they "have" to, they deal with meaningful hindrances to their progression (i.e., enjoyment) in the game. They don't know the power or ability of the player(s) they're facing off against (which they didn't choose to face off against to begin with), they don't know if there are buddies waiting to help out the ganker, they don't know if they're going to be corpse-camped to the point that their only real option is to just flat out log out of the game... all because they wanted to upgrade an item or finish an otherwise PvE-oriented quest.

PvPers, meanwhile... have to face AI-controlled creatures as known quantities, with fixed power levels (within the constraints of the new scaling tech), to do what, exactly? You didn't have to "PvE to be competitive". Everything you've previously needed in the game could be acquired through PvP currency in Arenas, Battlegrounds, & PvP zones like Wintergrasp or Ashran.

08/30/2016 11:57 AMPosted by Hambamwar
I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for god's sake, making such a huge fuss over this every single time is such a huge over reaction. Who knows, PvE players might even enjoy it if they got the "PvP = bad" mentality out of their head.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me, it isn't "PvP = bad". It's "I don't want PvP if I don't feel like PvPing." If I'm trying to run a quest, I'm interested in doing that, I'm not interested in fighting with other players. It might be one thing if they killed me and moved on. "Welp, that person got back up, they're trying to talk to that vendor, time to move on."

But they don't. They keep killing me until I leave or until I log off in frustration. Because their form of enjoyment in the game is killing other players, without regard to whether those other players want to fight in the first place.

Tell me you're able to see the difference here.
Wait the Op is a PvP player. What is the issue?
So I wandered down to the Underbelly earlier this morning. I had received an engineering quest to get and I believe it had marked the item for pick-up in the zone marked for PVP (without my knowledge). When I arrived what should I see----a TON OF RED players. The funny thing was I did not instantly die. I can see how that area would be fun with some massive PVP wars in the sewers. It does create a unique challenge though that could force some PVP to occur---bring a big raid group down there and wipe clean any alliance/horde in your way.
08/30/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Hexxus
With all of the lowest common denominators coming out of the woodwork complaining, I'm actually convinced that Blizzard made the right choice for once.

Blizzard has been catering to you people for years and it hasn't worked. Time to weave a little chaos back into the game.

Thank you! My sentiments precisely!
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what I say, you're too stubborn to just do the single quest that puts you in the vicinity of enemy players and get on with your lives.

You people are just gonna keep kicking and screaming until it gets changed because you can't deal with a very minor inconvenience one time.

And here I was taught that people who throw temper tantrums get nothing.
08/30/2016 11:13 AMPosted by Morgueash
Forcing pvp without warning will force me to quit. I play a pve server for a reason. I do NOT enjoy random PVP without the choice to.

Its like at most a few times youll ever have to go there. Yes, someone at Blizz isnt very smart. Or maybe its not so bad if the guards would work correctly. Either way quitting over 1 area, youll have to visit 1-3 times the entire expansion, which is currently bugged, on launch day, is just petty. Its like chucking your phone out the window because it has a small inconspicuous scratch on the corner.

Im sure the guards will either get fixed or the area will be made safe on PvE realms sooner or later. Its definitely not being so well received by PvE players.
08/30/2016 12:22 PMPosted by Hexxus

Do you really have to reduce it to "you people"? Try to show a little humanity and empathy here.

PvE players aren't trying to remove PvP from the game. They're saying they don't want to feel forced into it if they didn't actively choose to participate.

The people who roll a character on a PvP realm are actively choosing the furthest extreme: being in a state of constant threat from the opposing faction. If they choose to go into the Free For All areas (Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn, for example), they're further choosing to be open to anyone, even of their own faction, attacking them.

There aren't quests sending them into Gurubashi Arena, particularly not quests related to the central storyline of an expansion. It's an optional area.

Now we come to Dalaran's Underbelly. There are apparently quests sending people in there for story reasons, as well as something part of a forge that'll be used for item upgrades. The guards, who are supposed to protect players who don't want to PvP, aren't behaving as they're supposed to. They're glitching and disappearing before their 5-minute time limit is up. So the players from PvE realms, who don't want to PvP at that point but have to go into the area, are left either having to forego doing the quests, or they have to risk getting ganked by players whose primary joy in the game is fighting with (and usually killing) other players.

It's an interruption of enjoyment for the people who are going into this PvP-enabled area because they're told to by the quest they're on, not because they're curious about this "dangerous area" in Dalaran.

Then to hear players like you say, "Good, we need more chaos in the game!" only makes it worse. That kind of unempathetic behavior is PRECISELY why some PvE players don't PvP at all, even if they might have otherwise enjoyed it, because PvP, for some bizarre reason, attracts personality types who get off on griefing other people. They don't care about just killing another player on the opposing team and moving on. They want to teabag them, they want to hop up and down on them, they want to camp their respawn point (preferably with buddies) and run them out of the area, and for some reason that's ENJOYABLE to them.

It isn't enough for people like you that you have entire servers dedicated to playing like this, that you have Battlegrounds, Arenas, or even voluntary dueling or intentionally flagging for PvP on a PvE realm. Instead, you take any opportunity you can to make another player's life miserable, then laugh about it when they get justifiably upset and belittle them for their frustration.

What kind of human being are you?
World PvP rarely happens even in PvP servers.
08/30/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Hexxus
Omg, you openly self-pitying troglodytes are unbearably pathetic. Lmfao. You're like one of those guys that was breastfed until he was 12. Congrats.
The hypocrisy is so palpable I could almost stick it in a forge, hammer it and create a weapon from it. You are EXACTLY the kind of person I left the PvP scene to get away from. Keep your garbage mentality on the PvP servers and away from my PvE.

08/30/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Dtock
I am on a pvp server so I am not going to complain. I will, however, fan the flames
Again yet more proof I could literally have a wall of text with nothing but quotes of this nonsense from your ilk. "Lawl I r a pee vee peer! I kill cuz luls!" and on a pvp realm I say ... Go for it. On my PvE server I'd rather not have to worry about getting tags, enemey factions AND my own faction thanks. At least areas like Ashran were completely option with their own special pvp related rewards. Optional PvP I wholly support! Forced PvP I vehemently oppose.