I play a pve server

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
08/30/2016 12:24 PMPosted by Hambamwar
08/30/2016 12:20 PMPosted by Deirdra
And for the last time, the game STARTED as a PvE game with PvP as a side feature.
And the United States STARTED as a country with slavery.

Just because something started one way doesn't mean it's how it should be now.

Things change. Get used to it or get out of the way.

I'll take "!@#$ that isn't even remotely similar" for 500, Alex.
08/30/2016 11:13 AMPosted by Morgueash
Forcing pvp without warning will force me to quit. I play a pve server for a reason. I do NOT enjoy random PVP without the choice to.

To bad.

My wife and I just resubbed. Except for a short turn, we have not subbed for a lot of years. We have both been playing SWTOR.

If we are forced into pvp areas, my wife will quit the game and then so will I. Much sad, because we enjoyed the short time we were back and were planning to stay a for while. I think we will put off buying the expansion until we figure out what is going on with the pvp.

Forced pvp on a pve server does not make any sense. Why do gaming companies put in crap that makes people quit?
Just pvp your way , through it.
I really tried a few times with the new pvp settings and it was really enjoyable.

Saw a lot of full clad PVP epic armor season 3, who were real fodders after you take the gear advantage off them.

IT was the same thing on all the instances PVP i did, The skill level of pvp here is really low, apart from the upper arena ladder they are all fodders.
08/30/2016 01:15 PMPosted by Elbrujaso
I really tried a few times with the new pvp settings and it was really enjoyable.

Saw a lot of full clad PVP epic armor season 3, who were real fodders after you take the gear advantage off them.

IT was the same thing on all the instances PVP i did, The skill level of pvp here is really low, apart from the upper arena ladder they are all fodders.

That's the point people are making: they don't want to "PvP their way through it." They're being forced, without their consent, into a play style they don't enjoy, and had previously chosen areas of the game (PvE realms) where they wouldn't be forced into that play style. If they participated, it was voluntarily, and they knew the others who they were fighting were likewise there voluntarily.

This isn't a "suck it up, buttercup" scenario, no matter how much some PvP players want it to be. Me? I'll try to fight my way through if I have to once I log on tonight; if I find I can't, then I may come make my voice heard through my own thread on the issue. Not every player is like that, and whatever their personal reasons, those are as valid as the players who want everyone else in the game to be a potential target.

Do you get the rationale for some people not liking this? Story quest sends PvE-focused players into a PvP-Free-For-All area, where they no longer get the choice to PvP, which leaves them with only a couple options, neither of which are desirable to them: be unable to complete their quest (affecting their progression in the game, whereas a PvP player not being able to gank someone in the Underbelly has zero effect on their progression in the game), or being forced into a play style they don't enjoy, and may not be particularly good at (I'm one of those people) in the hopes they can manage to avoid roving bands of sociopaths whose primary source of enjoyment is the misery of other players.

Left with two undesirable choices, some of these players will simply conclude that their concerns aren't being heard when they speak them to Blizzard, and they'll just unsubscribe. They leave the game. That isn't good for ANYONE. That's less potential opponents for PvPers, less party members for PvE players, less people in the game overall, which leads to solutions like CRZ, which leads to solutions like sharding keeping players from seeing others on their own realm in hubs, on and on.

In light of this, is your response still, "Just PvP through it"?
08/30/2016 01:11 PMPosted by Raheya
08/30/2016 11:53 AMPosted by Hexxus
Omg, you openly self-pitying troglodytes are unbearably pathetic. Lmfao. You're like one of those guys that was breastfed until he was 12. Congrats.
The hypocrisy is so palpable I could almost stick it in a forge, hammer it and create a weapon from it. You are EXACTLY the kind of person I left the PvP scene to get away from. Keep your garbage mentality on the PvP servers and away from my PvE.

08/30/2016 11:54 AMPosted by Dtock
I am on a pvp server so I am not going to complain. I will, however, fan the flames
Again yet more proof I could literally have a wall of text with nothing but quotes of this nonsense from your ilk. "Lawl I r a pee vee peer! I kill cuz luls!" and on a pvp realm I say ... Go for it. On my PvE server I'd rather not have to worry about getting tags, enemey factions AND my own faction thanks. At least areas like Ashran were completely option with their own special pvp related rewards. Optional PvP I wholly support! Forced PvP I vehemently oppose.

LOL. You are highly opinionated in your beliefs against pvp'ers. Maybe you should join one of the 24 hour news networks as your are pretty good taking quote fragments out of context to push your own agenda. Seriously, you may have a career opportunity. ;)

This is a game not real life. Treat it as such and calm the heck down.
I really have to congratulate most (not all, mind you) of the PVP types in this thread. You've managed to spectacularly reinforce the stereotype of yourselves as knuckle dragging neanderthals who live simply so other players can be annoyed and interfered with for your own dubious pleasures. Is it any wonder a lot of players are so ready to condemn you as budding sociopaths when your response to these concerns are "good we don't like the way Blizz treats us, so it's great we can revel in your misery for a change"?

Don't feel too bad, you're apparently in good company though, as at least some elements of the design team thinks this is a good idea.
08/30/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Daniarra

That's the point people are making: they don't want to "PvP their way through it." They're being forced, without their consent, into a play style they don't enjoy, and had previously chosen areas of the game (PvE realms) where they wouldn't be forced into that play style. If they participated, it was voluntarily, and they knew the others who they were fighting were likewise there voluntarily.

This isn't a "suck it up, buttercup" scenario, no matter how much some PvP players want it to be. Me? I'll try to fight my way through if I have to once I log on tonight; if I find I can't, then I may come make my voice heard through my own thread on the issue. Not every player is like that, and whatever their personal reasons, those are as valid as the players who want everyone else in the game to be a potential target.

Do you get the rationale for some people not liking this? Story quest sends PvE-focused players into a PvP-Free-For-All area, where they no longer get the choice to PvP, which leaves them with only a couple options, neither of which are desirable to them: be unable to complete their quest (affecting their progression in the game, whereas a PvP player not being able to gank someone in the Underbelly has zero effect on their progression in the game), or being forced into a play style they don't enjoy, and may not be particularly good at (I'm one of those people) in the hopes they can manage to avoid roving bands of sociopaths whose primary source of enjoyment is the misery of other players.

Left with two undesirable choices, some of these players will simply conclude that their concerns aren't being heard when they speak them to Blizzard, and they'll just unsubscribe. They leave the game. That isn't good for ANYONE. That's less potential opponents for PvPers, less party members for PvE players, less people in the game overall, which leads to solutions like CRZ, which leads to solutions like sharding keeping players from seeing others on their own realm in hubs, on and on.

In light of this, is your response still, "Just PvP through it"?

I hate pvp as much as the next guy that is why i play on a PVE server. But these so called pvp player are pretty bad pvp players, if you know your class from pve standpoint pretty sure you will win against one of them 9 out of 10., just change some talents and boom.

That's really dumb. I'm on a pvp server and I don't think people on pve servers should have to just deal with it. There's a reason they are NOT on pvp servers.

I mean, I agree, there isn't a lot of skill involved. An idiot alliance kept trying to gank me last night while I was questing. Not sure why, but it was a total waste of my time. His too, but that was his choice. Wuss ran away every time he got low. I couldn't be bothered to chase him down though I have more enjoyable things to do.
08/30/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Perigort
Is it any wonder a lot of players are so ready to condemn you as budding sociopaths when your response to these concerns are "good we don't like the way Blizz treats us, so it's great we can revel in your misery for a change"?

When we say we don't want to PvE we get "suck it up." It's been that way for years.

Why is this any different because it's coming from the other side of the fence?

This is how it is, and if you don't like it, suck it up.
08/30/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Hambamwar
08/30/2016 01:35 PMPosted by Perigort
Is it any wonder a lot of players are so ready to condemn you as budding sociopaths when your response to these concerns are "good we don't like the way Blizz treats us, so it's great we can revel in your misery for a change"?

When we say we don't want to PvE we get "suck it up." It's been that way for years.

My heartfelt thanks for proving my point.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

My heartfelt thanks for proving my point.

Way to completely avoid the question. I'll answer it for you. There is no difference, and the PvE players are just whining and crying over nothing.
I hate PvP with a purple passion....that said: if i HAVE to do the bedamned PvP to get my stuffs...imma gonna bring my own personal protection: a topped-out Worgen Deathknight who ADORES a good (or at least entertaining) fight....and gets a little homicidal when his IRL PvE-loving wife is simply trying to do a quest and get the hell out of a certain area and keeps getting killed.....In all honesty, though, it'll be win-win situation: I get a crash course in Pvp-ing (which I need to learn to do outside the arena anyway)/ work on my quest chain: Beloved Husband gets to defend my honor/have a rousing good fight; and--heavens willing--a few rogues and/or warriors get taken down a notch or two (i am apparently a magnet for gnome rogues...every frikkin arena....).
08/30/2016 11:13 AMPosted by Morgueash
Forcing pvp without warning will force me to quit. I play a pve server for a reason. I do NOT enjoy random PVP without the choice to.

Down voted, that's childish that you'd quit over being forced into PvP once in a while. I get voicing your concern and requesting change, but do so in a mature way. Making threats to quit over this or that are getting old and rather obnoxious. I could throw a childish fit about them changing it for the sake of pleasing care bears. Just deal with it, if they want to change it they will, if they don't deal with it or just un-sub and find something else. I don't need to hear about your decision to do so.
08/30/2016 01:53 PMPosted by Psyfyr
I hate PvP with a purple passion....that said: if i HAVE to do the bedamned PvP to get my stuffs...imma gonna bring my own personal protection: a topped-out Worgen Deathknight who ADORES a good (or at least entertaining) fight....and gets a little homicidal when his IRL PvE-loving wife is simply trying to do a quest and get the hell out of a certain area and keeps getting killed.....In all honesty, though, it'll be win-win situation: I get a crash course in Pvp-ing (which I need to learn to do outside the arena anyway)/ work on my quest chain: Beloved Husband gets to defend my honor/have a rousing good fight; and--heavens willing--a few rogues and/or warriors get taken down a notch or two (i am apparently a magnet for gnome rogues...every frikkin arena....).

She gets it.
If you are planning to quit, Please ask for a refund for the expansion money.
Product not as advertised, and mechanic which you pay for. PVE Server, has been changed without any notice.
08/30/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Hambamwar

The foundation of WoW's gameplay is PvE.
PvP gamestyle is not the majority, it is a subculture. You don't have to PvE. But in order to accumulate a specific piece of gear, achievement, etc... that's a requirement.
While PvEing, there is little risk that your chr dies or is impeded in their progression due to the desire of another player to whose mindset is to do just that. Player versus Environment is predictable and stable - boring, if you will.
I admire the players who come up with off-the-wall solutions and play styles when combating other Players. That's human creativity at its finest.

I will never tell a PvPer to 'suck it up'. However, I will staunchly point out that in this game, the majority are PvEers and the content is focused on combating the environment, not the players.
the downvotes from the pve carebares are monsterous LMAO
08/30/2016 02:08 PMPosted by Heytham
the downvotes from the pve carebares are mounterus LMAO
A true hivemind.

Any opinion or point of view that doesn't agree with theirs is wrong.
Quest hubs in a FFA area in dalaran. Yeah I can see why that's a bad move on blizzards side. And why people on a PVE server are gonna have a bad time.
08/30/2016 11:29 AMPosted by Dtock
08/30/2016 11:18 AMPosted by Archinaut
I think you should quit the game. Put your foot down on this.

LOL. You should most certainly vote with your dollars.

08/30/2016 11:25 AMPosted by Tylissius
Down know why I'm downvoted, I haven't even played yet. Just asking, how are you being forced?

Some people are really butt hurt that they have to engage in pvp to do quests and are auto down voting anyone who does not fall in line with their viewpoint. To answer your question the underbelly in dalaran has ffa pvp and auto flags even on a pve server. I guess there are some quests and a class hall entrance nearby.

AGREED!
Make those whiners do that part of the game that has been so much of WoW from day one! There is NO EXCUSE not to RP!

**cleans screen**

Oh.
''P-v-P''
I'm sorry.
Carry on.