Error 132.WTF, Interface, cache but cannot put new addons in

Technical Support
I found a previous post about the 132 error and followed the steps of deleting my WTF, interface and cache folder. That worked. The game would load again in the default settings but if I even tried to adjust any of the in game settings I would get the error again on a new game load.
same
Just started happening to me as well.
I too am having this issue. I have had no issues at all for as long as I can remember. Been playing Legion for last 2 days fine. Today I came home, logged in fine. Went off to make dinner and came back to see game had timed out....

So log in, select character and boom, first time i've seen an access violation. Restarted pc etc.

Nothing has changed with my WoW setup or windows setup.

Deleted WTF, Interface and Cache and I can login. As soon as I install an addon it errors. I have tried different addon's, it errors regardless.
For me (and several other people). There's a specific file in the cache folder itself that's causing the issue.

When you log into the game successfully, the cache folder will always rebuild itself.

Which means that if you Exit the game, the next time you log back in, you'll have to repeat that step over and over.
Same error,
Add on Recipe Helper did not load 1 Sep updated
Add on Ice Hud did load 1 Sep updated
And as above mentioned, you set up the default ui and next login and need to delete Cache again then log in , OH reset UI again......

You guys changed something
09/01/2016 02:19 PMPosted by Darkaeth
For me (and several other people). There's a specific file in the cache folder itself that's causing the issue.

When you log into the game successfully, the cache folder will always rebuild itself.

Which means that if you Exit the game, the next time you log back in, you'll have to repeat that step over and over.

This has been my findings. Delete Cache...login can play just fine. Exit...have to delete the Cache folder again.
That is EXACTLY what happen to me. It happen to my wife on her laptop too. We were literally just playing. Logged out to go have some eats and as soon as we logged back in we both got the 132 error.

We deleted our files too but ANY adjustment to the settings causes the error to pop up again on a fresh load up of the game.
Getting the same issue here. Deleting the cache seems to temporarily fix the problem but when I exit the client, relaunch and try to log to a character the same Error 132 pops up and the client crashes.
I'm using ElvUI and I have to delete cache and WTF first but leave interface folder. I can then log in fine and use the addon.

If I close the game and login I will error on selecting a character to load and have to exit and remove WTF and Cache to again be able to load in.

***Added after realizing people have realized there is an issue with the cache file. :) ***
Check this thread

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748766462?page=5

Deleting the Pathnode.adb may allow you to use the addons and login.
I'm having this issue, it started for no apparent reason..
I was playing and then I closed the gamefor a few minutes to eat something and when I came back I started getting this error.. I tried repairing the game, deleted the Cache, WTF and Interface folders and etc.
It worked at first, so I closed the game and went on to try to reinstall my addons, the game crashed again, I thought maybe it was an addon problem, but then I realized that it's something with the cache folder.

Everytime I close the game I need to delete only the cache folder before I open it again or it'll crash.
Was there server updates last night? What changed?

I got on this morning ok but when I logged off and back on i got the same error.
Exactly the same issue for me, and it continues despite Blizzards twitter announcement of issue fixed.

I now have to delete pathnode.adb every time I log out. Currently ongoing issue as of 15 seconds ago.

I have also completely deleted the cache folder within the last 5 minutes prior to finding this post as part of normal troubleshooting so its not a residual issue since Blizzards tweet.
09/01/2016 02:28 PMPosted by Dolashan
Check this thread

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748766462?page=5

Deleting the Pathnode.adb may allow you to use the addons and login.

Thanks. At least the thread linked got a blue post explaining the problem is on their side.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748766462?page=5#post-91
Those links are 30+ min old. That problem was thought to be solved but for some of us it hasn't been fixed yet.