Candraels charm drop rate?

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
The thing that keeps jumping out at me on Wraiths profile(btw I feel like such a creeper everytime I go to their profile haha) is that by Sept 1 Wraith completed all 8 Mythic dungeon achievements. Also, more specifically, the two Mythics completed on Sept 1 were "Maw of Souls" and "halls of Valor", perhaps these two have meaning as they deal with the afterlife? Has any other demon hunter completed all 8 mythics and tried to get the charm?
09/09/2016 04:22 AMPosted by Tohlri
09/09/2016 03:56 AMPosted by Narandra

The blood queen in ICC and her daughter in the new violet hold dungeon are two that come to mind right away.

I am pretty sure this is an allusion to Downfall himself, the giant vampire bat.

I think that too, but what's the "long dead master" part? Are they going with vampires are dead? The bat is long dead and has not been feeding? Could Candrael have been killed by that bat before and it has her glaives? She's only back now by a demonic(also dealing with she's labeled demon I guess) means, possibly soul sitting in twisting nether till now? They are her glaives, some being in Suramar has her charm... blerg Idk.
09/09/2016 03:44 AMPosted by Stelmyria
The flavor text of Guise of the Deathwalker says "A dark weapon from a long dead master, hungering to taste blood again."

What are some notable vampire/vampiric enemies in the game we could take a crack at?
there is a vampire sort of king in stormheim named lucard aka dracul backwords maybe he has something to do with it?
09/09/2016 05:11 AMPosted by Kaosyin
09/09/2016 03:44 AMPosted by Stelmyria
The flavor text of Guise of the Deathwalker says "A dark weapon from a long dead master, hungering to taste blood again."

What are some notable vampire/vampiric enemies in the game we could take a crack at?
there is a vampire sort of king in stormheim named lucard aka dracul backwords maybe he has something to do with it?

Wraith also achieved "Hellheim Hath No Fury"(http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=10411/helheim-hath-no-fury) on Sept 1.

This fits the theme of a master long dead, someone who Candrael would be mad at(in helheim for doing wrong), and the Demon Hunter "Deathwalking" in the underworld. I'm going to try to get a group together today to try to do this achievement but I'm feeling it really seems to line up with what we are thinking and would have been reasonable to complete so early in the expansion.

EDIT: Look at these quotes for Harbaron who is related to the achievement and notice the significant talk of blood and Harbaron is a long dead master in Helheim.(http://wow.gamepedia.com/Harbaron#Quotes)

Dungeon Guide Overview
"Harbaron calls upon soul magic to wreak havoc on players, fragmenting their soul into pieces or summoning fallen Vrykul minions."

Look at this overview! It basically calls out Havoc Demon Hunters. Says the spec name and how we operate by fragmenting souls. This seems like a huge lead!

"Intro
The spirits grow hungry from the scent of blood.

Aggro
New passengers... New souls. I will guide you to the depths of helheim for a small price: your flesh and blood.
All who enter Helheim must pay the blood price. Resist if you wish... In the end, I always get my payment!

Spells
Arise, servitor! Claim our blood debt!
Spirits! Sweep these mortals into the tides!
If I cannot bleed the payment from you, the spirits will!

Killed a player
Another blood debt claimed... Another soul cast into the abyss.

Death
Life... death... I am but one ripple in the eternal ebb and flow...
Helya will make you pay... In the end, everyone pays..."

Maw of Souls and the Mythic achievement seem to have a lot of the themes we are focusing on and the timeline Wraith completed them lines up on the same day Wraith got the Guise of the Deathwalker.
Random thoughts :

Her last names Twinshadow, maybe her mirror coords in suramar have something, a character with her name spelled backwards, blah blah other dumb ideas.

Edit : I have the Helheim achievement, no changes in any dialogue opening up or charm dropping.
It amazes me how much we have put into finding it and still nothing. I hope we at least are getting close because i really want that damn skin lol
09/09/2016 05:23 AMPosted by Thorough
Random thoughts :

Her last names Twinshadow, maybe her mirror coords in suramar have something, a character with her name spelled backwards, blah blah other dumb ideas.

Edit : I have the Helheim achievement, no changes in any dialogue opening up or charm dropping.

Maybe its part of the unlocking, not necessarily the whole thing. It just seems lot a lot of coincidences in theme and direct text. Perhaps spectral sight in the dungeon has some affect? I like the idea of working with the play on the name "Twinshadow".
In all likelihood there's nothing to figure out, he just got lucky with a drop.

I'm starting to lean toward this, but I think it's a specific type of mob that we're not farming. I mean like Telanor ghosts or Faranaar withered as example.

As for 200 WQ to unlock purple, that's really not that bad. We're just a week passed launch and I've only focused equipment and AP and I've already finished like 150 world quests.

And I don't think mythic progression is a trigger because we have a lot of people who have finished some to all mythics and still don't have it.
09/09/2016 05:42 AMPosted by Browniebite
In all likelihood there's nothing to figure out, he just got lucky with a drop.

I'm starting to lean toward this, but I think it's a specific type of mob that we're not farming. I mean like Telanor ghosts or Faranaar withered as example.

As for 200 WQ to unlock purple, that's really not that bad. We're just a week passed launch and I've only focused equipment and AP and I've already finished like 150 world quests.

And I don't think mythic progression is a trigger because we have a lot of people who have finished some to all mythics and still don't have it.

GMs have been quoted as saying these hidden skins tend to require more than pure grinds(hunter excluded because they wanted to allow people to easily choose to be a "gun hunter" or "bow hunter"). Maybe not all Mythics but just Maw of Souls Mythic for the achievement is my gut feeling.

Basically I'm looking at Wraiths profile and what they completed from 8/30-9/1 when the skin was unlocked and trying to replicate it. By doing this, at the least, we can do some more rule out and then focus our effort in other areas. This also allows for the potential completion of steps in a process to unlock the charm drop since gms said there may be criteria or steps to complete prior to the charm dropping. Wraith completed the exploration of suramar, zone quest lines, and did quite a bit in dungeons. PvP did not seem to be a factor in their playstyle.
09/09/2016 05:42 AMPosted by Browniebite

GMs have been quoted as saying these hidden skins tend to require more than pure grinds(hunter excluded because they wanted to allow people to easily choose to be a "gun hunter" or "bow hunter"). Maybe not all Mythics but just Maw of Souls Mythic for the achievement is my gut feeling.

Basically I'm looking at Wraiths profile and what they completed from 8/30-9/1 when the skin was unlocked and trying to replicate it. By doing this, at the least, we can do some more rule out and then focus our effort in other areas. This also allows for the potential completion of steps in a process to unlock the charm drop since gms said there may be criteria or steps to complete prior to the charm dropping. Wraith completed the exploration of suramar, zone quest lines, and did quite a bit in dungeons. PvP did not seem to be a factor in their playstyle.

stop trying to go off of this guys profile. he didnt get it legit.

I've done all the mythics including the 2 in surumar and theres nothing blatant
maybe you have to go around finding hidden npcs and kill them all before you can unlock the drop or it requires a certain follower to be with you. Just shooting ideas I have been farming and checking wow head
09/09/2016 05:58 AMPosted by Felsual

GMs cannot give any solid information other than "It's working" or "Yep, it's broke". Don't read TOO much in to what they say. It doesn't hurt to take some advice and investigate the stuff they "hint" at, but it's no concrete that is what we're supposed to do.
Has anyone checked Archaeology? there could possibly be a link that way with the demonic tooms maybe finding it from that
Ive cleared all mythics (excluding Suramar's 2) both weeks, and gotten the Helheim hath no fury achievement. 846ilvl with 6500/12000 rep in nightfallen. No additional options or unlocks have been apparent in the ways that you guys are trying to connect to Waith.

Have tried an hour or so here and there on most of the theories popping up; Harpies, city guards, demons, walking around dead (Thanks for killing me), etc.

Will try any new theory later today, unforunately Archaeology is not in suramar this week (not sure if it was last week for Waith to have gotten anything)
Someone report Wraith and we'll see if he got it legitimately or not lol
I've been trying to think about this from a game dev standpoint. I don't think any of the developers planned for us to know who candrael was BEFORE we got the charm. It makes no sense for them to design the quest chain, assuming we would determine the info, and be running off what we know from beta. From a game design point of view, we are trying to solve the quest backwards, starting with the reward, and going backwards.

If we go the other direction, and try to think of it from the beginning, how would you build a quest like this? We know we need to find the necklace, that helps. But where would a quest designer place the first breadcrumbs? definitely not where the quest ends, that makes no sense. They'd place it in a place that would reward an inquisitive demon hunter. Spectral sight is definitely going to come into play here, but also, think about the demon hunter story. Where have we all been lore wise? Black temple, marduum, the vault of the wardens. Has anyone scoured the entire vault? I didn't get to last night, I'm gonna go in with other demon hunters and spectral sight the whole place, as well as outside. I did find something interesting outside black temple, starting at the naaru, and heading towards the gate, about every thirty feet, when using spectral sight, is a glimmering gold dust effect. Not tied to a mob, just there in the path. Unfortunately when I asked another demon hunter if he saw it, he said no. But it seems strange that I would see them, in a line leading to the gates. Will post screenshots when I get home.

Any thoughts on these ideas? Could someone else check to see if they see these shimmers outside bt? Start at the naaru, the first was a few feet behind him.
09/09/2016 06:36 AMPosted by Erx
Ive cleared all mythics (excluding Suramar's 2) both weeks, and gotten the Helheim hath no fury achievement. 846ilvl with 6500/12000 rep in nightfallen. No additional options or unlocks have been apparent in the ways that you guys are trying to connect to Waith.

Have tried an hour or so here and there on most of the theories popping up; Harpies, city guards, demons, walking around dead (Thanks for killing me), etc.

Will try any new theory later today, unforunately Archaeology is not in suramar this week (not sure if it was last week for Waith to have gotten anything)

The past two weeks have been Stormheim. I doubt this is related to archaeology unless there's a secret digsite (I already tried gravedigging).
09/09/2016 07:17 AMPosted by Tohlri
I've been trying to think about this from a game dev standpoint. I don't think any of the developers planned for us to know who candrael was BEFORE we got the charm. It makes no sense for them to design the quest chain, assuming we would determine the info, and be running off what we know from beta. From a game design point of view, we are trying to solve the quest backwards, starting with the reward, and going backwards.

If we go the other direction, and try to think of it from the beginning, how would you build a quest like this? We know we need to find the necklace, that helps. But where would a quest designer place the first breadcrumbs? definitely not where the quest ends, that makes no sense. They'd place it in a place that would reward an inquisitive demon hunter. Spectral sight is definitely going to come into play here, but also, think about the demon hunter story. Where have we all been lore wise? Black temple, marduum, the vault of the wardens. Has anyone scoured the entire vault? I didn't get to last night, I'm gonna go in with other demon hunters and spectral sight the whole place, as well as outside. I did find something interesting outside black temple, starting at the naaru, and heading towards the gate, about every thirty feet, when using spectral sight, is a glimmering gold dust effect. Not tied to a mob, just there in the path. Unfortunately when I asked another demon hunter if he saw it, he said no. But it seems strange that I would see them, in a line leading to the gates. Will post screenshots when I get home.

Any thoughts on these ideas? Could someone else check to see if they see these shimmers outside bt? Start at the naaru, the first was a few feet behind him.

Interesting ideas and quite possibly a good way to go. I'm at the black temple now and I don't see this shimmering dust effect anywhere. Could be a lead? Please post a pic ASAP I'm curious to see this.
HEre's a screenshot of where the trail goes cold. Forgive potato quality, can upload more when I get home, I sent this to a friend on Skype last night, so was able to download via phone.

http://m.imgur.com/wEpBAbr