Class Fantasy

General Discussion
This has been thrown around a LOT with the build up to Legion and honestly I was skeptical but after playing almost one level with my druid i think they did a really good job on class fantasy.

I'm really enjoying this expansion so far and absolutely adore artifact weapons.
Yeah I've only gotten to 102 (played for a bit yesterday after work) and I've been really enjoying the arms play and fantasy of it :D
I laugh like a maniac everytime I use the arms artifact ability. Pulling 10-15 enemies, blowing all my cds and artifact ability then bladestorming is the most fun I've had in a while.
08/31/2016 06:44 AMPosted by Sytez
I laugh like a maniac everytime I use the arms artifact ability. Pulling 10-15 enemies, blowing all my cds and artifact ability then bladestorming is the most fun I've had in a while.

Yaaaaaaaaassss
Same I've enjoyed every second of it even if this is the only character I've played - hopefully I have more time today!!

Artifact weapons quests are made amazingly, they outdid themselves with the voiceovers and stuff. Can't believe people are criticizing.
08/31/2016 06:48 AMPosted by Kegblaster
Same I've enjoyed every second of it even if this is the only character I've played - hopefully I have more time today!!

Artifact weapons quests are made amazingly, they outdid themselves with the voiceovers and stuff. Can't believe people are criticizing.

Agree
Can't say the same about Warlocks, but I agree on the other classes.
As a shaman main since Mop, YES! This is why I rolled a shaman back then. I feel like I have that feeling of being a shaman back.
08/31/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Melithiria

Are you saying that you don't enjoy throwing rabid demonic puppies at your enemies?
08/31/2016 12:17 PMPosted by Shado
08/31/2016 12:10 PMPosted by Melithiria

Are you saying that you don't enjoy throwing rabid demonic puppies at your enemies?

I don't like the Warlock lore at all.

Fake "demons"? Meh.
Stealing souls? Horrific and terrifying.
Raining destruction everywhere? Better than the last 2, but still not my thing.

I don't even RolePlay as a Warlock.
My character is basically a Monk mixed with a (Jade) Firebender from ATLA.

Destro was nice to RP, since I could use GrimSac... but now Destro sucks without a pet, so I kind of abandoned all hopes of running about in-character killing enemies.
I came in here seeing red thinking this was gonna be more complaints.

I agree OP they did a great job, i still just wish BM was melee like rexxar instead of Surv but hey thats my class fantasy not Blizzard's
My only gripe about class fantasy and it is a very small one is that it has all been homogenized. There was a time when classes were more of an umbrella, nothing more than a toolkit that could represent a great many kinds of heroes.

Take for example warriors. On the alliance side this could mean anything from a valorous knight to raging berzerker from a more barbaric tribe. just a small example...

Priests were very different just based on their spec as another example. Holy was your classic cleric while shadow was a ritualist engaging in dark rights and sacrifice. While discipline was almost monastic, more about mastery of ones self and the mind.

Now for the sake of design they have had to homogenize the classes for the sake of being able to tell class-centric stories. And personally I LOVE these stories, I adore them but I will always miss the that sense of diversity in the class fantasy