Day and Night are Backwards

Oceanic General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
I noticed this a long time ago and I'm sure you guys have too, but I'm just now making the complaint because I'm sick of nighttime in WoW.
Daytime and nighttime in WoW are essentially the opposite of us in Australia. So when we play during the day, afternoon, and early night, it's always nighttime. I'm so over seeing nighttime constantly. The only way we get to see day is if we were to play between midnight and 6am.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume every server and realm go by one universal day/night cycle?, and that it's calibrated to mimic America? That's nice for you guys, but I would like to see day for once. Can we please get out own separate day and night cycle to suit us Oceanic players?
Hi

I totally support your comments. I read another thread (that I can't now reference) that said this bug began after the pre patch fro legion July 19th. I think that is right because before then I remember it was day when it was day here in South east asia. So they can make it work for us.

One other gripe....why does a massive company like blizzard not have protection that is far better (than it is) for DDoS attacks. I know they're hard to stop but if you have enough cash (and Blizzard does) then you can buy very good protection . So why haven't I been able to log into Oceanic server Nagrand for 7 hours today? DDoS.... and the twitter feed is about 4 hours out of date.
+1

It used to be different, I'm not sure why its changed. The game is much more enjoyable when the sun is shining. Please look into this Blizzard.
It's 2.13 AEST in the afternoon...Why is it nighttime in WoW ? I prefer questing in the world when it's bright and sunny. I wish this would go back to normal so my toons don't start suffering from a Vitamin D deficiency!
09/01/2016 09:15 PMPosted by Princëss
It's 2.13 AEST in the afternoon...Why is it nighttime in WoW ? I prefer questing in the world when it's bright and sunny. I wish this would go back to normal so my toons don't start suffering from a Vitamin D deficiency!

Some forum turd actually downvoted you for this.

smh.

bump!
the worst part about it is, for one of the class hall hunter quest u need a mob that only spawns in daytime...
Yeah I've noticed this. Would really like to see the Broken Isles in daylight, Blizz! Hope there's a fix coming.
Seems like servers are running off US time?, really hope this get's fixed shortly. I wish this thread would get some more attention. A blue post would be nice confirming a fix is coming.....
Would definitely like to see this fixed ASAP. Nights are very nice on the Broken Isles but day time is so much better. Disappointed we have to experience the new zones in a desaturated and dark night setting most of the time.
I tried to chase this up with the server devs on twitter (nice guys, often reply) and they did reply to me.

You cans ee the full thread here (don't have to signup to twitter just to view it) https://twitter.com/Narull/status/772591307470442496

Basically it all comes down to the new shared grouping and reset timer changes we got with the Legion prepatch (http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745655899) a sad side effect is that all the realms are sharing the same day/night cycle which is part of the whole stopping people from server hopping to grab a mob that only spawns at certain times.

They didn't say if it's something that will be or even can be fixed but atm it's something we have to live with for the greater good.
09/05/2016 12:40 AMPosted by Narull
I tried to chase this up with the server devs on twitter (nice guys, often reply) and they did reply to me.

You cans ee the full thread here (don't have to signup to twitter just to view it) https://twitter.com/Narull/status/772591307470442496

Basically it all comes down to the new shared grouping and reset timer changes we got with the Legion prepatch (http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20745655899) a sad side effect is that all the realms are sharing the same day/night cycle which is part of the whole stopping people from server hopping to grab a mob that only spawns at certain times.

They didn't say if it's something that will be or even can be fixed but atm it's something we have to live with for the greater good.

That's disappointing.
Hi

Thankyou Narull for shedding some 'light' (excuse the pun) on this. I think it is very poor customer service to treat the people on this side of the world like that. I didn't buy legion , but many people in Oceania area of the world just paid full wack $$$ to see their expansion content in the dim pale half light of night. Very poor from Blizzard.
Indeed, thanks Narull. Still disappointing, especially since as someone has mentioned there is a quest mob that only spawns during daylight hours, which fall during my night and early morning (y'know, when I'm sleeping/working). Hope some arrangement can be made soon. :(
That's really disappointing to hear, I'm sick of playing in night time :(
This needs to change. There was a real sense of immersion with the night/day cycle following the time zone you were in. Constantly night when I play now.

I love been able to group with players on other servers and the huge increase of groups to join has been really fantastic for oceanic server, but surely this shouldn't come at the cost of putting everyone on the same night/day cycle? wouldn't you just enter the time zone and cycle of the group leader?
I think the amount of money Blizzard make off Oceanic realms, Not saying it's anything compared to the US realms but i think we deserve to have our Server clocks run with real time. The least you could do Blizzard. I find this whole situation very disappointing and very frustrating.
Also if this is to do with the fact we can now phase with US servers?, To stop day/night phasing issues there. Can't we just go back to only being able to phase with Oceanic realms?
09/06/2016 07:16 PMPosted by Akilleez
Can't we just go back to only being able to phase with Oceanic realms?

I realise I'm posting from a toon on a non-oceanic realm, but I am an aussie with toons on aussie realms as well, and have to say please, please, please no to this idea. Find mates to raid with from a non-aussie server, there's no doing world content with them. Do something outside an instance with guild, but bring an off-server toon for some reason, it stops working. Both of those are even more relevant this expansion, now that we actually have reasons to do world content. Join a group for something like a mythic dungeon, end up with 2 people standing at stone wanting to summon, and unable to do it because they can't see each other. Only letting the aussies phase with the other aussies, that'd reintroduce more problems than the one thing it'd solve.
Thought about this tonight, I actually hadn't noticed the day & night cycle going on, and hadn't encountered any time of day-specific things. My novel solution suggestion would be to put the wow sun on a 12 or 8 hour cycle, instead of 24. Or even a 10 hour cycle, so it moves relative to our day, taking 5 days to return to the starting point. I don't think it breaks immersion much, if at all, I don't expect the time of day for my character to be the same time of day for me. It would mean more chance to see different times in-game for people who generally only play in the same narrow time window (the night sky in highmountain looks quite cool), it would mean say 2 x 4 hour blocks in a day to do a time-specific quest instead of 1 x 8 hour block. And it would be fine to have it be the same across all servers.