Dungeon Finder not working?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
As many people have probably found out by now, this expansion is really dungeon friendly. The quests go right into the dungeons. As that is the case, actually being able to do them is pretty important.

The first two dungeons I got into without any problem, but now it seems the dungeon finder is having issues.

I was in queue that had an average wait time of 9 seconds for 1 hour with nothing. I left queue and tried again. 1 hour 30 minutes and still nothing. I can't get the quest to move on to the next zone until I finish the dungeon and I can't get in.

Anyone else experiencing this? Know any solutions other than trying to manually setup a group?
Queuing as tank or DPS? I experienced a similar wait time for a DPS queue earlier.

The DPS wait times are high at the moment as a lot of people may have rushed to level DPS specs over heals/tanks first.
08/30/2016 04:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
Queuing as tank or DPS? I experienced a similar wait time for a DPS queue earlier.

The DPS wait times are high at the moment as a lot of people may have rushed to level DPS specs over heals/tanks first.

Not me! Tank first, tank second, and tank you!

Yeah queuing as DPS. So maybe if I just wait long enough it will work. Strange how it went from 6 seconds for me at 5am to so long now hehe.
This morning I instantly got in as DPS, now I can't get in. Been waiting an hour.
Can you not start the other zones if you can't finish the dungeon in the zone you chosen? Like can you still get the same story lines to get the pillar of creation from that zone.
I was just in a dungeon (got right in, qued heals). But honestly the XP was such !@#$ it wasn't even worth being in there, so I dropped and headed back to questing. Much better to just DPS through quests, than level as tank/heals unless the dungeons give worthwhile exp.
I've now been in queue for 2 hours trying to get an Eye of Azshara in for my alchemy questline.

I thought the fact that people were supposed to be able to level reasonably well as tanks and healers was supposed to fix this problem?
Just my 2 cents, I would say lack of tanks/healers.

I queue as healer - and it instantly pops, every. single. time.
08/30/2016 07:10 PMPosted by Visenya

I thought the fact that people were supposed to be able to level reasonably well as tanks and healers was supposed to fix this problem?

I've quite enjoyed leveling as a healer

I go healing circle -> -> Throw Hots on -> Sunfire -> Cat form -> Swape spam - Been mass pulling as a healer with little issues.

Now if only the quests themselves were enjoyable.
I've now been in queue for 2 hours trying to get an Eye of Azshara in for my alchemy questline.

The problem is the lack of rewards in the normal mode dungeon. People are doing them exactly once at the time they get the quest to do so. Doing the dungeon without the quest is generally a waste of time. There is so much that needs to be done out in the world while leveling that doing the dungeons isn't even close to a second priority. It's pretty close to last priority.

Grab your healing artifact and level as healer then. Then you won't have a queue to sit in.

Or were you expecting everyone else to be the ones to queue as tank or healer for your benefit?
08/30/2016 05:10 PMPosted by Stralgor
Can you not start the other zones if you can't finish the dungeon in the zone you chosen? Like can you still get the same story lines to get the pillar of creation from that zone.
Absolutely, just go back to your command table and select one of the other zones to get the initial quest; you can queue for the dungeon you want and start questing elsewhere just fine.
08/30/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Joynal

Or were you expecting everyone else to be the ones to queue as tank or healer for your benefit?

Do people like you just sit on the forums all day waiting for a thread like this to pop up so you can dump this condescending bile all over the rest of us? Sounds like a pretty sad existence to me. There are other ways to boost your self esteem.
The moment I hit 102 I got my healing artifacts for those sweet instant queues <3

Are we ever going to see an answer to this problem? It's getting really old.
08/30/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Joynal

Grab your healing artifact and level as healer then. Then you won't have a queue to sit in.

You seem like a pleasant person to be around.

Yes, picking up my healer artifact and queuing as a healer HAS occurred to me and I'll do it if there's no other way to get a dungeon pop. But having to switch specs in order to complete a crafting quest seems ... strange.

At this point I've been in this queue for 2 hours, 45 minutes. I'm giving up now and going to bed. It's possible I just can't complete this quest until I can run the dungeon on heroic, but then that seems like a flaw in the dungeon design rather than a flaw in my choice of spec. Don't you think?

wow you think. you idiots made it near impossible to level a healer. it's amazing how you people can't see your own hands right in front of your faces!

Wrong. Tanks were treated like !@#$ last expansion.

On top of the fact that we had to run dungeons like they were dailies for:

Events
Valor
Heirloom trinkets
Our guild did the raid for the week

Oh and don't forget the terrible groups for Timewalking.
08/30/2016 07:59 PMPosted by Olbyn
wow you think. you idiots made it near impossible to level a healer. it's amazing how you people can't see your own hands right in front of your faces!
I leveled to 110 on the Beta as a healer just fine. I'm doing great today too. I can pull multiple adds and pretty much tank them while I whittle away their health. This is the easiest it's been for me to level as a healer since I started playing in Wrath.

How, exactly, is it "near impossible to level a healer" again?