Dungeon Finder not working?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
08/30/2016 07:59 PMPosted by Olbyn
08/30/2016 04:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
Queuing as tank or DPS? I experienced a similar wait time for a DPS queue earlier.

The DPS wait times are high at the moment as a lot of people may have rushed to level DPS specs over heals/tanks first.

wow you think. you idiots made it near impossible to level a healer. it's amazing how you people can't see your own hands right in front of your faces!

Rofl. They literally give you a few options on how you want to level as a healer.

1) Level in your healing spec w/ your healing artifact. Use the DPS abilities you get. They're available for all classes and do decent damage.

2) Level in a DPS spec and save all your artifact power items until you get your healing artifact at 102. Dump them in there and you're instantly caught up. Keep leveling as DPS and dumping the items into the healing artifact. When a quest is going to reward you an artifact gem, switch specs before turning it in to get a healing gem.

Does no one use their brain anymore?
Queuing as tank or DPS? I experienced a similar wait time for a DPS queue earlier.

The DPS wait times are high at the moment as a lot of people may have rushed to level DPS specs over heals/tanks first.

I just had a weird experience. Random dungeon queue? 1 hour. Ok, sounds reasonable. I'll just keep questing. Maybe a lot of people are still playing, you'd think, right? 45 minutes later... Oh look, I finished Stormheim and I need to do Halls of Valor. Cancel queue and queue for that one dungeon. 10 minute queue. 3 minute way.

Something is quite certainly wrong with the LFD tool. Either that or by sheer coincidence everyone in the line for LFD quit near or at the moment I dropped random queue in favor of a specific queue but let's be honest with each other -- what are the odds of that happening?

Unless, of course, random only pairs you with other random and ignores people set to queue in one dungeon. That wouldn't make sense though.
I waited an hour and 30min which is fine, but when I got the queue it didn't put me in the dungeon and its like I was kicked, but I don't have the abandoning timer.
The major issue for leveling dungeons is that class quest lines include dungeon quests. Kind of hard to progress on the quest line if you can't get a queue in a reasonable amount of time. :(

I wouldn't mind waiting until level 110 to do dungeon quests, but given that we can't progress our own (what I thought would be solo-friendly) quest lines means I'm missing out on a ton of the class fantasy until 110.

Granted, I can spec healer for dungeons and avoid all of this, but I never rolled this character to ever heal and do not enjoy and have no interest in the role.

That said, I do miss offspecs being able to tank or heal in level 1-60 dungeons. Perhaps something to consider in the future, i.e. allowing offspecs to heal or tank again for the sake of alleviating grouping frustrationgs for LFG/normal mode 5 man content. I wouldn't mind an Ashbringer wielding Paladin tank for a dungeon, or even a hammer wielding Holy paladin tank; they are wearing plate armor after all...
Dungeon queueing is definitely borked. Might be just Zul'jin, I have no idea.
But I've tried to random queue, and waited 2+ hrs even tho the queue said there was a 1hr wait.

Then I tried specific queues. Wee! It says it's only a 30s wait!

Waited another 2hrs.

Something is definitely wrong. Others are having the same issue on my server.
Seeing the same problem on EU. Waiting in a queue that says average wait time is 1 minute yet here I am an hour and a quater after and nothing. Eyes of Aszhara *sp
08/30/2016 07:03 PMPosted by Teancrumpet
I was just in a dungeon (got right in, qued heals). But honestly the XP was such !@#$ it wasn't even worth being in there, so I dropped and headed back to questing. Much better to just DPS through quests, than level as tank/heals unless the dungeons give worthwhile exp.

Exactly, that is one of the main reasons i stopped playing healer. Why waste my time, when i can just have fun while lvling faster as dps. And playing a healer is still kind of boring.
09/01/2016 09:15 AMPosted by Omnigot
08/30/2016 07:03 PMPosted by Teancrumpet
I was just in a dungeon (got right in, qued heals). But honestly the XP was such !@#$ it wasn't even worth being in there, so I dropped and headed back to questing. Much better to just DPS through quests, than level as tank/heals unless the dungeons give worthwhile exp.

Exactly, that is one of the main reasons i stopped playing healer. Why waste my time, when i can just have fun while lvling faster as dps. And playing a healer is still kind of boring.

Really? You stopped playing healer because dps levels faster? So you made an expansion long decision based on the first week or so of it. I find that REALLY hard to believe. What seems more likely is you're trying to make this issue sound way worse than it is by pretending to be severely inconvenienced.

People, be happy they made dungeons a great part of the story. A ton of dps are leveling, and everyone is trying to do these dungeons. What happens when a bunch of dps are trying to do a dungeon with a shortage of tanks and healers? That's right, a line forms. It's called traffic. Don't blame Blizzard because people are choosing not to play tank or healer. The artifact weapon is easily available before the first dungeon. If you want a short queue, play a tank or healer. Otherwise accept that a ton of other people are making the same choice as you to play a dps and wait for your turn.

The estimated time is OF COURSE going to be off with such huge surges of people queuing. Don't pin the issue on that. You're grumpy that you have to wait and trying to find a scape goat. What would your platform be if there was no estimated time? "Waaah I have to wait in line". People are always going to complain...
08/30/2016 07:26 PMPosted by Rainsinger

Are we ever going to see an answer to this problem? It's getting really old.

they need to remove the option to play specific roles for Random Dungeon LFR and keep the roles for specific instances.

then rotate the player between specs as they randomly get placed into a group starting with greatest need spec first.

this would ensure that all players participating in random dungeon queues don't have to wait as long to get placed and increases the number of needed specs dynamically.

To me they're basically forcing people to go tank/heal if they want to participate in a dungeon by allowing people to choose the spec for random dungeons, they might as well build in the 'forced' aspect of it as well....people still have the option of queuing as a specific spec in the specific dungeon finder

they can even specify the type of loot they get too, so its a win/win for random dungeon finder....as long as they round robin the spec for subsequent dungeons....it would be pointless if it constantly puts you as tank the same way it does today if you dual spec queue....

To be fair... Many tanks are only queuing with guildmates, and are not using the dungeon finder at all. I am one such tank. Why? Last expac we were treated like garbage and this expac isn't shaping up to be any different. DPS are still pulling on their own, trying to set the dungeon pace to their liking and there are plenty of healers who still haven't a clue what they're doing.

Increased queue times are going to be a staple this expac, until attitudes change on the players' end.
they need to remove the option to play specific roles for Random Dungeon LFR and keep the roles for specific instances.

then rotate the player between specs as they randomly get placed into a group starting with greatest need spec first.

this would ensure that all players participating in random dungeon queues don't have to wait as long to get placed and increases the number of needed specs dynamically.

What about all of the players who have no desire to tank, heal or even dps in those dungeons? Allowing players to choose their role allows for the players who want to tank, heal or dps, to do exactly that and only that.

To me they're basically forcing people to go tank/heal if they want to participate in a dungeon by allowing people to choose the spec for random dungeons, they might as well build in the 'forced' aspect of it as well....people still have the option of queuing as a specific spec in the specific dungeon finder

they can even specify the type of loot they get too, so its a win/win for random dungeon finder....as long as they round robin the spec for subsequent dungeons....it would be pointless if it constantly puts you as tank the same way it does today if you dual spec queue...

That sounds like a lose-lose situation. Your proposed change would create the very scenario you claim is already in existence. No one at current, is forced to queue as a role they don't want to play.

This is an issue of players not having the patience to deal with the reality of their choices. There are only so many tanks and healers being played, and DPS have always been a penny per baker's dozen. Players who choose to play DPS classes or DPS roles, will have longer wait times.

There is nothing Blizzard can do to change the queue times for tens of thousands of players wanting to occupy a couple hundred party slots.
Nope as of today even healer queue wont work. say avg wait 50 sec yet ive been in for an hour.
Has anyone actually had a queue pop? I've tried 3 times now each one going for over 2 hours.
If you want quick queue pops you are going to have to tank or heal.

The main reason for this is that it's not efficient to do dungeons before 110. Not because of artifacts, but because dungeon XP is not good enough, quest rewards are constant and can upgrade to epic, if you complete a dungeon you will immediately get a quest for that same dungeon when you go back to questing creating rage and a desire to punch a hole in a wall, since they all scale now you will have to run them anyway at 110 for 800 gear, oh and a lot of DPS still have not figured out not to pull for tanks in new content.

So wait till 110 to queue.

Has anyone actually had a queue pop? I've tried 3 times now each one going for over 2 hours.

I've had several as a healer. None as DPS.

But I'm done queing until I get my zones finished, I'm tired of getting sent back into dungeons I already finished 15 minutes ago.

I've already saved Malfurion 3 times. Now Tyrande wants me to do it again.
09/01/2016 05:47 PMPosted by Tolltrolls
Nope as of today even healer queue wont work. say avg wait 50 sec yet ive been in for an hour.

This. Specifically queued for Eye and sat in LFD queue for over 2 hours before I gave up. We need some more Blues to look into this!
08/30/2016 04:53 PMPosted by Vandelwrynn
I can't get the quest to move on to the next zone until I finish the dungeon and I can't get in.

I don't understand this comment. I went from 100 to 110, moving from zone to zone and never did a single dungeon. What's stopping you?

edit: and Yes, I did get the quest/directions telling me how to get to the next zone. I did get a quest to go to the dungeon but I just ignored it and moved on.
All of my healer and tank queues have been instant. Have only done maybe 20 dungeons in Legion so far, but it's been instant every time both while leveling and now at 110. Should try changing spec to tank/heals if you have that spec available and queueing up just to verify that it's working.
I qued for the random and it was taking forever. Then I just decided to que for the specific and it insta popped. Probably just got lucky.
I am fairly certain it has something to do with having the Pillar quests. I sat in a Nelth's lair queue for an hour trying to get the DK quest done (after I had already cleared it for the Hammer of Khaz'Gorath), but got an instant queue for Eye of Azshara when I had the Tidestone quest. Both times as DPS.
I've had wonky estimates, and some which were *really* off. I'm not, however, entirely surprised this early in the expansion.

I like doing dungeons to test things out. I don't consider them optional at all, because I need to know my class and spec before getting into heroics.

Unfortunately the wide item level differences seems to make comparison between dps' impossible. I feel like a baddie every other pull. =(

I expect regular to be a fustercluck, they always are. Heroics are easier, because they have more competent people who have usually been through normals already.