Dungeon Finder not working?

General Discussion
Last night I waited 3 and half hours with no results, today its been almost an hour.
09/01/2016 03:15 PMPosted by Kelidan

they need to remove the option to play specific roles for Random Dungeon LFR and keep the roles for specific instances.

then rotate the player between specs as they randomly get placed into a group starting with greatest need spec first.

this would ensure that all players participating in random dungeon queues don't have to wait as long to get placed and increases the number of needed specs dynamically.

To me they're basically forcing people to go tank/heal if they want to participate in a dungeon by allowing people to choose the spec for random dungeons, they might as well build in the 'forced' aspect of it as well....people still have the option of queuing as a specific spec in the specific dungeon finder

they can even specify the type of loot they get too, so its a win/win for random dungeon finder....as long as they round robin the spec for subsequent dungeons....it would be pointless if it constantly puts you as tank the same way it does today if you dual spec queue....

That's like an all time award winning bad idea. A lot of who don't heal or tank have a very good reason for not doing so. Rather than forcing them into it we should thank them for sparing us the misery. There are already too many people changing to tank/heal that shouldn't be. We really don't need to add to it.

Que times are going to be screwy for a bit. Between a (assumed) surge of players, people questing to level instead of spamming dungeons and those who simply won't LFD because of scummy players, it's going to be messy for a while.
what i have noticed with the dungeon queues when queing as dps is the random dungeon finder usually takes me about 90 mins to get a group but its an instant queue if you select the specific dungeon you want to complete. something is broken with the random dungeon finder methinks...
Over the course of the last 2 or 3 days, I've been attempting to queue into eye of azshara and violet hold to no avail. It's almost comical how I need to log into the game, queue for the two dungeons first thing, and go about the levelling/world quests like business as usual-- and then leave the queue when I go to bed, not having done any dungeons. All in all, it's probably been about 6 hours (2 or 3 at a time) spent sitting in the queue... and as a mage I obviously lack the ability to respec as a tank or a healer.... unless mana food counts? :)
08/30/2016 04:55 PMPosted by Ornyx
Queuing as tank or DPS? I experienced a similar wait time for a DPS queue earlier.

The DPS wait times are high at the moment as a lot of people may have rushed to level DPS specs over heals/tanks first.

Yeah, I gave up after 45 min yesterday, but when I queued with my Disc Priest husband it insta-popped. I'll definitely level my healer or tank next!
Blizzard, can we get some sort of real response?
09/03/2016 09:18 PMPosted by Palliemikee
Blizzard, can we get some sort of real response?

^^
Something has gotta be wrong with these queue times. At first I thought I got un-queued but nope. So far an hour of waiting in queue for 3 dungeons as dps.
Queuing as tank or DPS? I experienced a similar wait time for a DPS queue earlier.

The DPS wait times are high at the moment as a lot of people may have rushed to level DPS specs over heals/tanks first.

Thats probably because you are penalized for changing specs.
Ya que'd 2 DPS for Eye of Azshara and we haven't gotten a hit in any of the last 3 places? Been waiting like 2-3 hours now, requing every 40 min or so
I'm doing Eye of Azshara right now, and I'm still waiting. It's been 2 hours...
The issue is that people with the leveling quests get prioritized queues. If you have the order hall quest you do not have a prioritized queue, so you're getting jumped in line.
09/04/2016 09:12 AMPosted by Kashgar
Something has gotta be wrong with these queue times. At first I thought I got un-queued but nope. So far an hour of waiting in queue for 3 dungeons as dps.

Sounds like all these DPS people complaining about wait times should switch to tank or healer and help fix it because short of that nothing is getting fixed.

I play Feral and guardian but ditched guardian after seeing how terrible 99.9% of the DPS players are aggroing everything, standing in things, getting our groups wiped time and time again.

It's not a shock to me that there are so few people willing to main tank or healer with so many bad dps players making their jobs 100x harder than they need to be.
I heal them on horde and ally side. Ask a healer in your guild to queue with you.

It's an hour if I dps and instant if I heal.

I thought I had a dungeon quest when I really didn't. Was flustered when I say in queue for over an hour to complete the quest I didn't even have!

That's not the point though. I picked up the dungeon quest shortly after and got an instant queue.

I tested this last night and this morning. It seems that having the dungeon quest gives you an instant pop.

With so many dps "skipping the line," I'm sure that this is contributing to frustration as those that don't have the quest are pushed back further and further.

I am probably gonna start tanking, as I hate the DPS queue. My only problem is that my Aldrachi Warblades have no AP and no relics, so I'm gonna suffer going in.
08/30/2016 07:14 PMPosted by Sharanel
08/30/2016 07:10 PMPosted by Visenya
I've now been in queue for 2 hours trying to get an Eye of Azshara in for my alchemy questline.

I thought the fact that people were supposed to be able to level reasonably well as tanks and healers was supposed to fix this problem?
The problem is the lack of rewards in the normal mode dungeon. People are doing them exactly once at the time they get the quest to do so. Doing the dungeon without the quest is generally a waste of time. There is so much that needs to be done out in the world while leveling that doing the dungeons isn't even close to a second priority. It's pretty close to last priority.

This is the way it should be, IMO.

I have two quests that need me to run Eye of Azshara. I have been in queue for an hour and a half and it still has not popped. If quests are going to require dungeons the queues can't be this bad. Right now I am debating logging off an playing another game, but I feel I have invested a lot in this wait time already :(

I am a mage so I can only play DPS.
Dungeon queues are longer in this xpac b/c fewer people are playing, overall. In every prior xpacs healers and tanks were precious but the millions of players on medium to full servers always provided enough personnel.

Not so now.

Isn't going to improve much, either I'm afraid.
09/04/2016 06:42 PMPosted by Oakenshroot
The issue is that people with the leveling quests get prioritized queues. If you have the order hall quest you do not have a prioritized queue, so you're getting jumped in line.

There is no such thing as a prioritized queue. All dps are in the same queue. The only thing that should ever change it up is when someone queues for a specific dungeon, when that person's turn in queue pops, then it will not give them a random dungeon, but the one they queued for, and then the other 4 people, who queued random, will get put in that one with the specific queue person.

But to say that some people skip others in line b/c of a quest is and always has been false.