Compilation of Hidden Artifact Skin Info

General Discussion
1 2 3 15 Next
With the original thread closing very soon, I am recreating the thread that I began on the Legion Beta Discussion Forums to help the community learn, contribute, and theorize the various methods of acquiring the hidden artifact skins for each spec. The majority of the hidden skins were found in beta, but there are still a few that have not been unearthed. Below is all of the information that we know of so far; it has been compiled from various sources including these forums, WoWhead, and Reddit. As I did with the original thread, I will continue to monitor and update this post as more information becomes available.

Hidden Artifact Locations

Death Knight
Blood – People have reported receiving the item from the final chest of the Suramar Withered Training scenario. It was supposedly looted from a chest that requires 10 Withered to send back to Thalryssa. Unknown if there is another method of obtaining.

Frost – Currently unknown.

Unholy – Currently unknown.

Demon Hunter
Havoc Artifact Knowledge level 5 required First acquire “Candrael’s Charm” as a random drop from mobs in Suramar. It seems to be a zonewide Suramar drop, but several demons in Felsoul Hold have been reported to drop it. Take the charm to Candrael Twinsoul to the west of Felsoul Hold in Suramar. She will kick you over to a Felbat, “Downfall,” defeat him and claim your new hidden skin.

Note: You don't actually need to get the Charm for now. As long as you're AK 5 and can make your way to Downfall you can get bypass much of the intended method.

Vengeance – Drops from any of the summoned monsters from the Tier 2 Order Hall trait.

Druid
Balance – Half of the item is acquired from the Dreamweaver Quartermaster at Exalted. The other half drops from Archdruid Glaidalis in Darkheart Thicket after reaching Exalted with the Dreamweavers.

Feral Artifact Knowledge level 4 required Once a day in the Emerald Dreamway you will have a chance to see an emote in your chat log referencing a feral screech coming from one of the portals. Cross through that portal, look for the nearby moonstone, and touch it. After you touch the moonstone in each of the three zones (Feralas, Duskwood, and Hinterlands), Ela'lothen, the Owlcat Wild God will be in the Dreamway. Go into cat form and /sit in front of it for the Feather of the Moonspirit.

Guardian – Drops from Ursoc in the Emerald Nightmare raid. Can acquire from LFR difficulty.

Restoration Artifact Knowledge level 4 required The Acorn is received randomly from the Rich Soil in your Order Hall. Make sure to learn the “Evergreen” Tier 2 Order Hall trait to unlock the Rich Soil.

Hunter
Beast Mastery – The schematic to craft this hidden artifact skin is purchased from the Engineering vendor in Dalaran.

Marksmanship – Purchased from the Court of Farondis Quartermaster after reaching Revered.

Survival – Drops from Ursoc on any difficulty of the Emerald Nightmare raid.

Mage
Arcane – Currently unknown.

Fire Artifact Knowledge level 5 required Seems to be a zone wide drop from Suramar nightborne mobs (including the fal'dorei (the nightborne that were turned into spiders)). There have been several reports of it dropping from a rare spawn, and a couple reports of it dropping from a normal mob. Perhaps the rares have a higher drop rate.

Frost Artifact Knowledge level 4 required Supposedly requires the Tier 2 Order Hall Teleport trait. Once a day in your class order hall, you will have a chance to read an emote referencing your portals. The next portal you take will displace you to a special phase in Frostfire Ridge where you can acquire this hidden skin.

Monk
Brewmaster – Similar to the Restoration Druid hidden skin, this is unlocked from the Bubbling Keg that you can tap daily in the Stormstout Inn. Make sure to learn the “Brewhouse” Tier 2 Order Hall trait to unlock the Bubbling Keg.

Mistweaver – Reported to drop from the Dragons of Nightmare (Ysondre, Emeriss, Taerer, Lethon) inside the Emerald Nightmare raid dungeon.

Windwalker – There has been a report on reddit that the skin can be unlocked from the Withered Training Scenario, similar to the Blood Death Knight hidden skin..

Paladin
Holy Artifact Knowledge level 5 required. Seems to drop from demons in Faronaar, Azsuna.

Protection – Similar to the Blood Death Knight hidden skin, there have been reports of people acquiring this item from the chests at the end of the Withered Training scenario in Suramar. Supposedly it was looted from the main giant chest that you get when the scenario is over; the recipient had a score of 670 and cleared the entire scenario other than the room on the right side requiring two Berserkers to unlock.

Retribution – Currently unknown.
Priest
Discipline Artifact Knowledge level 4 required Archivist Inkforge asks you to search for twelve tomes that he has lost around the world. They are called the Annals of Light and Shadow. The beta community has collectively found all twelve tomes. Once all twelve are found, simply take them back to Archivist Inkforge for your new hidden skin!

The locations are:
1. From Archivist Inkforge himself in your Order Hall.
2. In your Order Hall near Juvess the Duskwhisperer.
3. In your Order Hall next to Meridelle Lightspark.
4. Scholomance – In Instructor Chillheart’s room.
5. Karazhan – Immediately after The Curator on the right hand side of the Guardian’s Library.
6. Scarlet Halls – In the final room.
7. The Violet Citadel in Dalaran.
8. In the library section of the church in New Hearthglen in Dragonblight.
9. Black Rook Hold in the room with all of the ghosts and bookshelves.
10. A drop from the rare Chief Bitterbrine on the Queen’s Reprisal in Azsuna.
11. A drop from the rare Inquisitor Ernstonbok in the cave south west of the Halls of Valor in Stormheim.
12. A drop from Artificer Lothaire in Moon Guard Stronghold in Suramar.

Holy – Half of the item is purchased from the Valarjar Quartermaster at Exalted reputation. The other half has been found as a drop from Hyrja inside the Halls of Valor. The person who received the drop was already exalted with Valarjar. It is unknown whether exalted is required, or if that was just the circumstance associated with that particular drop.

Shadow – At least one player has looted this item from Il'gynoth, Heart of Corruption inside the Emerald Nightmare on LFR difficulty.

Rogue
Assassination Artifact Knowledge level 4 required Drops from rares in the Dalaran Sewers.

Outlaw Artifact Knowledge level 5 required One of the bindings drops from Dargrul in Neltharion's Lair and the other binding drops from Ash'golm in Vault of the Wardens. Both players who unlocked the skin coincidentally were exalted with both Highmountain and Valarjar, but it's unconfirmed whether one or both is actually required.

Subtlety – As predicted, the Uncrowned Vault tier 2 order hall trait is required to obtain this hidden skin. Supposedly there's a chance to get three Lei Shen keys for the treasure chest scenario from MoP on the Isle of Thunder. Taoshi in the Rogue Order Hall can teleport you there. The skin has a chance to drop from one of the treasure chests at the end of the scenario, so open as many large chests throughout the scenario as you can to try and get the keys that will unlock the chests in the final room (the room you get ported to after the timer expires).

Shaman
Elemental Artifact Knowledge level 4 required Drops from any of the rares in the Dalaran sewers, much like Assassination Rogues' hidden skin.

Enhancement – This is known to drop from the World Boss Levantus in Azsuna; it's not a 100% drop rate though.

Restoration – Rare drop from bosses in the Eye of Azshara dungeon. Someone looted it at level 105, so it’s possible to acquire in the normal mode of this dungeon. Players have looted the item from Lady Hatecoil and Warlord Parjesh. It's unclear whether the drop is limited to the two Naga bosses or if it's possible to drop from the other three bosses as well.

Warlock
Affliction Artifact Knowledge level 5 required. "The Grimoire of the First Necrolyte" is a drop from Eredar on the Broken Isles. There have been reports of it dropping in Faronaar as well as in Highmountain. The quest requires you to gather thirteen "Skull of the Executed", which seem to drop from the elite rare spawns that can be found throughout the Broken Isles. Generally the Wardens will target one or two each day as a world quest. It's unknown what happens after thirteen are found and the quest is completed, but the quest log certainly indicates that the Ulthalesh hidden skin is the ultimate reward.

Demonology – There are five Eredar heads that seem to drop from the Eredar on the Broken Isles. The current theory is that you must be exalted with at least one Broken Isles faction, but the people that have acquired it were at least exalted with Highmountain. We're not sure whether Highmountain specifically is required. It's also possible that killing Xavius is required to progress further, but this is also unconfirmed. Once you have all five heads it seems like it's just a matter of farming more Eredar to get the hidden skin to drop.

Note: The person who has acquired the skin got his first head from Eredar in Highmountain, then just farmed Eredar in Azsuna for the remaining heads and hidden skin.

Destruction – Drops from the summoned boss from the Tier 2 Order Hall trait "Demonic Offering".

Warrior
Arms – Reward from the quest “Secrets of the Axes.”

Fury Exalted Valarjar required. Acquired by combining the Skull of Shar’thos, the Skull of Nithogg, and the Haft of the God-King. The location of the two skulls is obvious, but the Haft of the God-King is a rare drop from God-King Skovold inside the Halls of Valor.

Protection Artifact Knowledge level 5 required. It is supposedly a clickable item found inside Neltharion's Vault. It appears to be nothing more than rare item with a long respawn timer. Warriors will receive an emote “You hear a strange roar from the cavern ahead.” Indicating that the shield has spawned. A link to a screenshot is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/4mcdvn/hidden_artifact_skins/d6f8cz5
Reserved for future use as more information becomes available.
Thanks!
08/29/2016 08:36 PMPosted by Trapp

I could not think of anything more appropriate for the Ashbringer than not knowing where it is.
Posting for later retrieval..

and thanks :D
Posting to save, but also bump
Mistweaver – Reported to drop from the Dragons of Nightmare (Ysondre, Emeriss, Taerer, Lethon) inside the Emerald Nightmare raid dungeon.
Why couldn't I find it in another wound in the turtle or something
08/29/2016 09:18 PMPosted by Gabbie
Why couldn't I find it in another wound in the turtle or something

I'd take it over the "hidden" BM artifact skin lol you literally just walk up to the engineer vendor in Dalaran and purchase it. I found it pretty hilarious.
Thanks for the re-post Trapp.
08/29/2016 09:22 PMPosted by Bloodyshots
I'd take it over the "hidden" BM artifact skin lol you literally just walk up to the engineer vendor in Dalaran and purchase it. I found it pretty hilarious.

I'm really curious about the mats required though. If you have to go hunt a bunch of rare animals, that would be pretty cool.
08/29/2016 08:49 PMPosted by Osmigos

I could not think of anything more appropriate for the Ashbringer than not knowing where it is.
I remember people trying all the things they did in vanilla to try and purify the Corrupted Ashbringer. Unfortunately there wasn't anything found in SM like there was back then.
08/29/2016 10:46 PMPosted by Osmigos
08/29/2016 09:22 PMPosted by Bloodyshots

I'm really curious about the mats required though. If you have to go hunt a bunch of rare animals, that would be pretty cool.

Nope. You just buy it, click on the item and you automatically learn the skin.
Thanks for posting this. I purposely didn't play beta to keep live fresh and I tried not to read about it too much.
Just bumping this to the front so more can see the information. Some classes can start working towards some of their hidden skins immediately!
Does anyone know if you have to be 110 to actually get these skins? Like for DH, there's actually a way around having to get the Charm that requires a glider kit (saw a YouTube video), but so far it seems that the item hasn't dropped for anyone... But I also haven't spoken to any 110 DH's on my server to see if it's the level, or maybe the method.
08/31/2016 10:42 AMPosted by Eversio
Does anyone know if you have to be 110 to actually get these skins? Like for DH, there's actually a way around having to get the Charm that requires a glider kit (saw a YouTube video), but so far it seems that the item hasn't dropped for anyone... But I also haven't spoken to any 110 DH's on my server to see if it's the level, or maybe the method.

It depends on the class. There were some shaman that reported getting the drop out of Eye of Azshara before hitting 110. But then there are others, like Discipline Priest, that only get drops from mobs if they are 110 (the three rares across Broken Isles that drop Annals of Light and Shadow). Then there's the Feral Druid emote inside the Dreamway that only starts appearing once the player has completed the "Eminent Grow-main" questline in Suramar.
Does anyone have any knowledge of the arms one? I can't find anything about where to either pick up the quest or find saurfang.
As cool as the hidden artifact skins are, I really wish they kept them out like the in game cinematics and added them in when the expansion launched. Would of made it more awesome since even now some of them still can't be found and even some of these took awhile to find, but I guess having them on beta spoiled that a bit since people already have the information.

Thanks for the post nonetheless, was wondering when the beta post would be transferred over here. :P
Thank you!