Who is my racial leader now?

Story Forum
Is it Vanira? I can get behind this.
Its most likely gonna be Rokhan

- Helped Rexxar, Cairne, and Chen in the Founding of Durotar

- Helped the Trio slay the Evil Admiral Proudmoure

- A Veteran of the Wotlk War and lead the Troll efforts in Northrend

- Was one of your Major Lieutenants in WoD
I think logically Master Gardin makes more sense.

- For a time Sen'jin was the capital of the Darkspear, and Master Gardin has always been the leader of it.

- He was the Chief Witch Doctor back on the Darkspear Isles and likely still is. This would make him a powerful Witch Doctor.

- He was close to Vol'jin, to the point a young Vol'jin even gave him a nick name of ''Gad''

- He was among Vol'jin's most trusted advisers before he was Warchief.

- He even attended Vol'jin's funeral.

Him being a lowly level 12 also isn't an issue because level is a gameplay thing, and Baine went from level 10 to skull in no time flat.
08/28/2016 04:06 AMPosted by Biraelenn

-The only notable Darkspear at all besides Vol'jin
08/28/2016 05:52 AMPosted by Reignac
08/28/2016 04:06 AMPosted by Biraelenn

Yup he just needs a bit of Development. He is currently more Developed than Lorthemar was when Lorthemar first became faction leader. or Galywix for that matter.
I think Blizzard implied that Vol'jin's story wasn't finished in a tweet about Darkspear never die! in response to questions about this topic.

It could mean he works with another Darkspear in spirit form, thus building up another leader or that he just comes back as Spirit/loa Vol'jin or just that we'll talk to a spirit Vol'jin and another random troll will get to be leader...

Master Gardin makes sense to me, if they're just going to promote someone. Rokhan never really stuck me as a leader. I mean... it felt like he worked for me in the garrison. I shouldn't be able to boss my racial leader around...
I like Rokhan but he's never struck me as the leader type. To be honest I think Rokhan does have only two things over Gadrin; renown and being a Shadow Hunter.

08/28/2016 05:52 AMPosted by Reignac

I wouldn't say the only notable one. Zen'tabra most certainly comes to mind when I think of Darkspear trolls... and that's about it. Despite my endorsement of Gadrin he's not exactly a renown character.

But then I'd argue back in vanilla-Wrath Baine's only claim to fame to the majority of the fanbase was that he was Cairne's son, since most of the players haven't played WCIII
Hopefully we'll work something out and get Rastakhan to come over to our side.
Yeah, but Baine got a book that introduced him, established unique ties to other NPC's, and challenged his leadership. Baine faced a massive civil war, and overcame it to establish himself as rightful leader of the Tauren by both diplomacy and conquest.

Unless there's something in Blizzard's publishing schedule that I've missed, whoever replaces Vol'jin, or Thrall/Garrosh for that matter, will just pop up.
They will probably use a leader that people know...for the most part. It's probably going to be Rokhan, if they get around to appointing one. Maybe they could even develop a new character in legion, although I doubt that.
Zen'tabra should become the leader if only because there are no druid faction leader(I dont consider Malfurion a leader of the night elves) plus she is a female.

So two birds with one stone.
08/28/2016 01:28 PMPosted by Gibbet
Unless there's something in Blizzard's publishing schedule that I've missed, whoever replaces Vol'jin, or Thrall/Garrosh for that matter, will just pop up.

Saurfang leads the orcs now and he did in fact just pop up Grommash Hold. So there is a precedent if the Darkspear Leadership randomly shows up.
08/28/2016 01:44 PMPosted by Zerde
Zen'tabra should become the leader if only because there are no druid faction leader(I dont consider Malfurion a leader of the night elves) plus she is a female.

So two birds with one stone.
Zen'tabra's pretty neutral in Legion. She's with the Cenarion Circle.
08/28/2016 03:57 AMPosted by Nyvuli
Is it Vanira? I can get behind this.

While my personal pick would be Vanira (Has her own voice actor, is ostensibly second in command of the Darkspear by virtue of location, may or may not have been romantically involved with Vol'jin), I wouldn't be surprised if they took the easy way out and promoted Rokhan.
08/28/2016 01:48 PMPosted by Taldirah
Zen'tabra's pretty neutral in Legion. She's with the Cenarion Circle.

Well I think she is still less neutral than Malfurion, who apparently leads the CC as well as is the co-leader of the night elves (and the only night elf that gets important story). Being kind of neutral shouldn't really be a detractor.
The troll druid in Plaguelands is the one who gets my vote.
I want to put stock behind Vanira, but they just havent utilized her at all since the Cataclysm starting zone for trolls. She wasn't around during 5.3, and while present at Vol'jin's funeral, much like Gadrin, she was relegated to background decoration without dialogue concerning Vol'jin's death, at all.

My personal opinion is that it may be Rokhan given his brief exposure in WCIII. Horde fans have a bit of a fondness to him. So being somewhat of a familiar face, Blizz may appoint him as the Darkspear's next Chieftain.

Zen'tabra is like Hamuul levels of neutral. Briefly shown being a part of Horde related material, but she's more much active in the Cenarion Circle.

Gadrin is another potential candidate. He was pseudo leader of Sen'jin Village, and mentored Vol'jin and Zalazane when they were growing up.

Whoever it is though, I just hope they get a proper amount of lore and story going forward, cause simply stapling someone on the position then giving them nothing would not fix the problem they've created.
I think a Belf style government would be great unless we crown Yenniku.

Master Gadrin as the overall leader, Rokhan as the leader of the military, and Vanira as the head of shaman/druid.
Yeah, but Baine got a book that introduced him, established unique ties to other NPC's, and challenged his leadership. Baine faced a massive civil war, and overcame it to establish himself as rightful leader of the Tauren by both diplomacy and conquest.

For most people to find all of that out, what they actually saw in-game was:
- Servers went down
- Cairne is gone
- Baine is leader
- If care, Google
It's me. I'm in charge of the trolls now.

Uh, don't do hoodoo now.