What Is Jaina Proudmoore's Citizenship Now?

Story Forum
Okay, so Jaina, in the recent quests, decided that she's not going to be a member of Dalaran if the city accepts Horde races within its limits.

So where is she staying now? What land does she call home?

Theramore's been destroyed, she rejected Dalaran, so... where does she keep her home now?

Back in Kul Tiras, where she came from, maybe?
Kul'Tiras is the logical assumption, since she can't seem to stand being around the passive king of Stormwind right now. I can't say if any Legion content tells us where she is because I've done a remarkable job avoiding spoilers :D

There are some who believe she could rally Kul'Tiras against the Horde as her own, independent force, but it's not even a 100% certainty that she has any right to rule that nation.
Kul Tiras is the obvious choice, but she doesn't really have anything left there for her since they would have elected a new ruler in the time since her father died. So she'd just be a normal citizen unless she took over by force.

Then again, this is Blizzard, so she would have inherited it because reasons.
Also, her membership in Kul Tiras might be a bit... awkward, given the circumstances of not only her father's death but also a large number of Kul Tiras sailors and marines... Hell, they might even consider her an outright traitor.
She's a woman without a country. A free wizard, kind of like Parn, but tragic.
Depends on what they want to do with her and what they want to do with the next expansion.

A story can be written where she takes control of Kul Tiras and becomes raid fodder. A story can be written where she takes control of Kul Tiras and turns them into a new faction in the Alliance. A story can be written where she moves into a shack in Dustwallow Marsh to 'find herself' until the plot requires her again.

My guess is that she disappears from the game entirely for a bit, and then next expansion they drop her into Stormwind as a 'trusted advisor' for Anduin.
Based on the way some of the people around here talk about her, you'd think she was in her Evil Lair of Evil.
Doing dreadlordy things of course.
Im hoping something with Kul'tiras. Mainly on the grounds of just wanting to see Kul'tiras in game REALLY badly.
Anyone remember the old "The Littlest Hobo" tv show?

That, only instead of a dog going from town to town to help people in need, it's a mage going around killing Hordies.
She didn't necessarily give up her citizenship of Dalaran, just her position on the Council.
She doesn't really have anywhere to go, she could go to Kul'tiras, but after this much time and the destruction of Theramore I don't see her having any power there. She seems to just kind of be on her own for the moment.
I like the idea of her returning to Dustwallow. Opens up some potential routes.

Getting involved with survivors hiding out in the Marsh (primarily the Deserters) would be my personal choice. Jaina building up a group of people loyal to her before taking power in Kul Tiras, starting with the disenfranchised marines who were preaching essentially what she now believes. These were the guys who believed in her father, I think they have the potential to serve as something like a royal guard for her, forming the initial 'idea' of a Jaina-led militant Alliance force. This would presume that there were still Deserters out in the Marsh when Theramore was bombed.

The other big 'idea' being her meeting with Wrathion out in the marsh. Dustwallow was Onyxia's stomping grounds and it had a minor but notable presence of black dragons. In the event that Jaina decides to take refuge in the Marsh this is probably one area where she might end up traveling too because of how vast and cavernous it is, only to come across Wrathion inside the lair, who may have had a similar idea, may just be scouring for some leftover trinkets or hoarded treasures that are in there, or actively sought her out because she's vulnerable & lacking allies. I can't imagine she'd trust him in the slightest but if she's on the out she might be in the position to make a deal with a scoundrel like him.

In a similar vein to the Deserter Guard idea, she could possibly take command of or join the command structure of Northwatch. Close to the Marsh but still on the frontlines where she can help against the demon invasion. With Theramore gone, Northwatch's position may have become less reinforced/resupplied after the fortress was retaken after the end of the Alliance-Horde War. Jaina may try to turn Northwatch into a new power to replace Theramore and try to reassert Alliance presence in the region. The Northwatch soldiers there may feel indebted to her because it will appear she hasn't abandoned them while it may be felt the rest of the Alliance high command had.

Had she not taken such a hard line during Varian's funeral, I think she could have potentially sought out Thrall too after being removed from Dalaran's council. If she's on the out because of her hardline actions, her returning to Theramore and the Marsh again while that thought it swimming in her head might stir up old memories of Theramore and her working with the Horde & Thrall years prior. She could seek him out and try to mend their relationship in an attempt to 'soften' herself towards the Horde again. I imagine that probably won't work out very well if she did try to meet with him, possibly even reaffirming in her that her present course is necessary and she mustn't doubt herself again.

Although she could skip straight to Kul Tiras. Personally I hope she doesn't go straight there, I hope if/when she does return home she goes there with some muscle behind her that isn't just magical might. I really want to see some footmen in Theramore's starch white armor march behind her when she finally steps onto Kul Tiras' shores again. Not a whole lot, just a handful would do (whether they're deserters who've reaffirmed loyalty to Jaina or legit survivors of Theramore doesn't matter). But some. The anchors must be reunited.
Like others have said, if there's a group of people who hates her more than the fanbase, it could be Kul Tiras for killing their long tenured leader and sizable navy force to protect orcs. If she's looking for a a nation to lead against the orcs, she'd be looking at a country of skeptics at best.
08/27/2016 06:57 PMPosted by Drogosh
Doing dreadlordy things of course.
Illidan blew up the Dreadlord homeworld, so she can't go home there either.
She's back as part of the Gilneas Brigade, maybe?
08/27/2016 09:06 PMPosted by Mendingo
She's back as part of the Gilneas Brigade, maybe?

I don't think she has ever been part of the Gilneas Brigade.

So far she hasn't appeared in Legion after teleporting out as far as I'm aware.
08/27/2016 10:14 PMPosted by Aelta
I don't think she has ever been part of the Gilneas Brigade.

The Gilneas Brigade worked for her during the Third War, though she probably wasn't a personal member herself no.
08/27/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Demonbelle
Like others have said, if there's a group of people who hates her more than the fanbase, it could be Kul Tiras for killing their long tenured leader and sizable navy force to protect orcs. If she's looking for a a nation to lead against the orcs, she'd be looking at a country of skeptics at best.

Wait, I thought her father was an Admiral in the Kul Tiras Navy.

Was he also the Kul Tiras King as well?
08/27/2016 11:15 PMPosted by Pouncey
08/27/2016 07:53 PMPosted by Demonbelle

Wait, I thought her father was an Admiral in the Kul Tiras Navy.

Was he also the Kul Tiras King as well?

It's the same position in Kul Tiras. Their kings apparently fancy themselves as admirals.