Built a computer. Good for WoW?

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Specs: i7-5820k (6 core, 3.3ghz boost to 3.6, can easily over clock to 4.0. 4.6 has been achieved).
GTX 1070 graphics card
16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram
SSD with 530 read speed
The popular EVO heatsink will be used for the processor
1000watt power supply
Of course a motherboard to support it all etc etc.
Will be playing at 1080p resolution
That's like buying a F-1 race car and asking if it'll get you down to the corner market.
Its fine for WoW but why in Gods name did you get a 1000w power supply? lol
why the hell do you have a 1000w PSU when you're running a Pascal GPU, those things have stupidly low power consumption

sure it'll power everything in your build no problem, but your tdp is at like... 430w tops right now. you'd have to drop in more 1070s to even begin to possibly push your PSU

christ man
Too much power supply better than not enough. Plus might add a liquid cooled setup to over clock the processor to 4.6 GHz eventually. Didn't want it to be the bottleneck. Hell it was only $60 lol.
08/27/2016 03:23 AMPosted by Denied
Too much power supply better than not enough. Plus might add a liquid cooled setup to over clock the processor to 4.6 GHz eventually. Didn't want it to be the bottleneck. Hell it was only $60 lol.

Better to get a gold+ higher quality and more appropriate wattage power supply than a cheap 1000w but that's just me, you came here asking advice and that's what people are going to give you ^_^
what's your mobo? you might not be able to oc depending on what mobo you have

edit: misread earlier post, though you were planning to oc in the first place and not just try and get a higher clock
And my case has 6 fans too xD

But for real how is this going to act? I read that running high frames in WoW during raiding and big events is difficult without a monster of a processor. Just curious if this processor is going to cut it or not really
At 1920x1080 you really only need an i5+1060 or something to do really well, after that the more money and hardware you throw at it you're going to get some pretty nasty diminishing returns kicking in.

A $4000 system will still get some decent FPS dips in raids at crazy times, world boss kills, capital cities when full etc etc, nothing can stop it.
08/27/2016 03:37 AMPosted by Virus
At 1920x1080 you really only need an i5+1060 or something to do really well, after that the more money and hardware you throw at it you're going to get some pretty nasty diminishing returns kicking in.

A $4000 system will still get some decent FPS dips in raids at crazy times, world boss kills, capital cities when full etc etc, nothing can stop it.

Yea I figured that. I'm only around less than $1500 in on this one
08/27/2016 03:16 AMPosted by Keibrina
That's like buying a F-1 race car and asking if it'll get you down to the corner market.

Quote of the day!
Considering WoW is 2 threaded cpu utilization, it's a waste of a 6 core.