Warlock needs a serious buff

General Discussion
Before you enrage and send me to the class forum this is a plea so that any voice (probably a dev) could read the warlock concern. There are multiple threads on our class forum about this and warlock seems forgotten in time... like since the end of MoP.
So here it goes:

Blizzard could you buff our health pool, health regen, reduce the damage we take and gives a taunt ability?

Because we already do the same damage as a tank we better get some nice cd's as well... you know our damage is a real joke.

"We are a pure dps class" and we have no decent AoE, our single target is mediocre, and when I thought we would get the best 2 target cleave because of our lack of aoe and single target damage I was in for a surprise of disapointment.

For destruction warlock our chaos bolt hits almost like an incinerate (considering cast time).
For Demo warlocks they compete with the tank damage in single target.
For affliction, well they also suffer from aoe, cleave is ok and single target another crap.

The easiest way it to make a huge buff in all 3 specs, but what warlock really needs is a core change in all 3 specs because it's so tempting to reroll rigth now, even a tank can hit harder than me at the moment.
While leveling, I never saw a warlock above last place in dps. Ever. Sooo glad I decided to switch to DH!
Destro Lock 3rd highest dps in the game right now....

Wot
I'll start it off, Learn ... to .... wait for it ... play.

Warlocks are fine, if not overtuned on their damage. Nerf Warlocks.
You're a level 110 Warlock, with an ilvl of 743.... of course your damage is crap?
09/03/2016 11:17 AMPosted by Malëficent
You're a level 110 Warlock, with an ilvl of 743.... of course your damage is crap?

Armory is messed up and still showing everyone as they were at level 100. He may have a slightly higher iLevel now.
Sorry, Op, but these concerns were raised, again and again, all thru alpha and beta, but to no avail.

We pointed out our less-than-mediocre damage totals, our really, really crappy AoE, the fact that affliction locks need to ramp up both damage thru dots, and their soul shards (because we no longer build to total outside of combat), and that destro locks have had so much RNG built into their damage that there is no way they can get above bottom.

No one has listened. No one cares. The developers have a horrible hate-on for locks, and all changes appear to have been deliberately designed to drive players away from this class.
09/03/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Hazmat
Sorry, Op, but these concerns were raised, again and again, all thru alpha and beta, but to no avail.

We pointed out our less-than-mediocre damage totals, our really, really crappy AoE, the fact that affliction locks need to ramp up both damage thru dots, and their soul shards (because we no longer build to total outside of combat), and that destro locks have had so much RNG built into their damage that there is no way they can get above bottom.

No one has listened. No one cares. The developers have a horrible hate-on for locks, and all changes appear to have been deliberately designed to drive players away from this class.

I must agree with all of the above.

Affliction rotation is in a great place, but damage is cr*p.
Destro? Why bother? My fire mage can damage circles around her
Demo? OI the "rotation" is a nightmare, a confusing button-bloated mess, and even less effective than my gimped BM hunter.

However, I will also point out that my frost and arcane mages suck; my boomkin sucks; Sppriest is not as hearty as my aff lock but much more effective; ele shaman? sorry too low on the dps meter; hunters have lost power and mobility, yes I know MM is still high damage but it's a one button bore to play...I could go on.

Basically all ranged DPS is in a very sad, dark place atm. Many dungeon groups are comprising 4 melee and one poor, overworked, under-manaed healer.
I enjoying playing my affliction lock. Doing quest is really easy because you have a tank and just sit back and dot-drain.No deaths in pve. Pvp is where the affliction shines imo. One on one I can hold my own . I do dungeons when I have a quest to complete and do decent damage. Would I like a buff? Sure, who wouldn't.

That being said, I do not think warlocks suck, atleast affliction doesn't .
Destro and Demo are fine. Not sure about Affliction.
09/03/2016 11:27 AMPosted by Velara
09/03/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Hazmat

I must agree with all of the above.

Affliction rotation is in a great place, but damage is cr*p.
Destro? Why bother? My fire mage can damage circles around her
Demo? OI the "rotation" is a nightmare, a confusing button-bloated mess, and even less effective than my gimped BM hunter.

However, I will also point out that my frost and arcane mages suck; my boomkin sucks; Sppriest is not as hearty as my aff lock but much more effective; ele shaman? sorry too low on the dps meter; hunters have lost power and mobility, yes I know MM is still high damage but it's a one button bore to play...I could go on.

Basically all ranged DPS is in a very sad, dark place atm. Many dungeon groups are comprising 4 melee and one poor, overworked, under-manaed healer.

Wait boomkin sucks?? My full moon crits for 400k+ at 101 and my dhs artifact proc crits for less than that sometimes at 110. And that's like a big damage proc on my main ability.
09/03/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Paindeliver
Before you enrage and send me to the class forum this is a plea so that any voice (probably a dev) could read the warlock concern. There are multiple threads on our class forum about this and warlock seems forgotten in time... like since the end of MoP.

There are multiple threads on EVERY class forum voicing concerns and asking for buffs.
09/03/2016 12:25 PMPosted by Hippeaux
09/03/2016 10:52 AMPosted by Paindeliver

There are multiple threads on EVERY class forum voicing concerns and asking for buffs.

Warlock is pure dps though. We can't do anything else.
All the sites Ive seen list warlocks right up there at the top of the dps rankings.

Seems a fair few warlocks are coping just fine.

I actually have 827 ilvl...

I see many people claim warlock is top tier, I bet none of you play warlock and those who play and say the damage is ok I doubt you are using recount or skada.

It's ot only damage this class is lacking... the mobility is better in comparasion with WoD, that's good for PvE and PvP, but our survavility is much worse and in PvP to count that we lost any kind of instant CC and snare unless we talent. The worse is if you want to talaent the teleport you lose a defensive CC, unlike mages who have blink as a base skill.

edit: http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

On a Patchwork figth when we don't move what so ever warlock destro sucks^^ and we don't have any aoe at all.
Guess the only option is to go demo... nice to know it's a Hybrid class that is the top dps

You notice the item level, but not the level?

Apparently armory hasn't updated because it lists him at level 100 there.