Whats with the ridiculous scaling system?

General Discussion
Currently I'm lvl110 with ilvl801
So, I'm not a pro, but on full lvl110 DG groups I'm usually 1st or 2nd DPS.
Now I ran a DG with players of varying level.
The tank was a lvl101 with full WoD PVP gear (ilvl 710). He topped DPS, with values higher than double mine own (second DPS).

Of course, he went full douche calling us DPSs baddies, repeating L2P, etc, got kicked in a snap, good riddance.
But still, what gives?
And is that affecting OWPVP (and the hated Underbelly)? Never been there yet.
I think the pros out weigh the cons in regards to scaling dungeons, there's some issues but the ability for friends/guildies being able to level and run dungeons together despite a disparity in level is a huge benefit.

As far as I know scaling does not effect PvP, for better or worse
The tank has sort of "top" gear for his level basically (check quests rewards you get ilvl 685 - 705 if epic with upgrade) until 102 I believe. My warlock has been killing mobs without any effort and had full 710 pvp gear until level 103 (current level) for lvl 110's I dont know what's the "top" or decent gear to be doing that kind of dps, it's too early to think/say stuff like that in my opinion.

But yeah this dungeon/leveling scaling is weird.. to me as well, until I get used to it.
09/03/2016 02:13 PMPosted by Foxstride
Of course, he went full douche calling us DPSs baddies, repeating L2P, etc, got kicked in a snap, good riddance.

Problem solved.

But still, what gives?

Someone said how when a new expansion drops, our stats are tuned towards the new gear and this can sometimes cause lowbies with rated/mythic old gear to have some really high amounts of crit. Should go away as time progresses.
Yeah quite honestly there are a lot more pros for me then cons with the scaling tech. I will say it was weird being in a group with a level 101 when I was 106.
09/03/2016 02:20 PMPosted by Iceferno

Problem solved.

But still, what gives?

Someone said how when a new expansion drops, our stats are tuned towards the new gear and this can sometimes cause lowbies with rated/mythic old gear to have some really high amounts of crit. Should go away as time progresses.

This.

I believe all secondary stats trend downwards as you level up. At lvl 100 my lock has something like 90% mastery and even as I've attempted to stack mastery over other stats as I've leveled it's now down to around 60%