What's the story with Asmongold?

General Discussion
I really don't know anything about this "legend"
He's your boy.
hes some youtuber that really only one guy goes on about in his troll posts every once in a blue moon on these forums.
He's our boy.

I speak for everyone when I say that Asmongold is pretty much the best thing that happened to WoW.
09/05/2016 08:32 PMPosted by Lølumadbro
He's our boy.

I speak for everyone when I say that Asmongold is pretty much the best thing that happened to WoW.

If there was any reason to join the Burning Legion, the opportunity to kill and corpse camp this poster would make me one of its most prominent members.
He's our boy.

Bellular is better :P
09/05/2016 08:36 PMPosted by Korgosh
He's our boy.

Bellular is better :P

in a perfect world, everyone would make videos like bellular
He's some person on youtube that does warcraft videos and has done some very controversial things and virtually everyone that knows him, hates him.

In short, he's your average famous person like Justin Beiber.
Just a youtuber who's very pinched head got too big for it's resting place.
Nothing to see, move along.
Don't know, don't care.

I don't paying attention to streamers or youtubers.
He's our boy.

You know you're never going to get your cat back from Asmondgold, right? He's just going to make you post his propaganda threads here, and then kill your cat anyway. Surely you can see this by now. Mr. Bitey is as good as dead, but you still dishonor his stout heart with these unsavory posts.

Better to fall on your sword and die with honor, but you're a gnome. You're too short to reach terminal velocity even if you fell on your very shortest of swords. Might I suggest taking a walk in the Underbelly?
Asmongold has the nastiest room I've ever seen and has lost to me every time he's queue into my alt team and RBGs and probably one of the coolest guys I've ever raided with back in Cata, but he's our boy.

http://i.imgur.com/AKCEYJc.jpg
09/05/2016 09:11 PMPosted by Brea
Don't know, don't care.

I don't paying attention to streamers or youtubers.

Edgy.
A youtuber who throws offbeat humor into his videos - depicting current WoW news/opinion, recent and upcoming changes, new game strategies, etc. Some people like his humor, others are offended by it.

I thought his videos were hilarious back when he first started making them, haven't really been stalking his uploads recently...but in the couple I've glanced at, he seems to be upholding the same comedy persona that he had back then. So I don't think he's "sold out" or any of that pointless BS people say. He has a persona that some people like and some dislike; I happen to be part of the crowd that thinks a lot of the stuff he says is gold.

The people who have a frothing dislike for him tend not to be people that I like or get along with either...thin-skinned people with irrational cyber grudges. I notice it bleeds into a lot of interactions, not just a dislike for a particular streamer/youtuber. *shrugs*

Imo Asmongold's content and persona/marketing strat are great, Blizzard just can't feature him because he uses profane language.
https://youtu.be/uzy1uUgeRPI
He's a hardcore player who has an edgy sense of humor and makes videos. I think a lot of his !@#$ is either very informative or entertaining, but I can see why people dont like him.
Asmongold is to WoW what Jesus is to Christianity
He proved the silence feature is automated. Problem is some people think Blizz lying is fine. Those same people will make up anything they can to prove him wrong and say he should be suspended for breaking the rules.

They must also not like Rosa Parks, the guys who dressed up as indians and dumped some tea, folks peacefully sitting in restaurants, etc... After all they all broke bad rules too.
He's an well spoken individual who produces informative and entertaining YouTube videos and goes big *#@*@*#@ on the dps chart. He also had one of the highest achievement points during cataclysm.

On his stream, he assumes more of a neckbeard persona, who is unemployed and balding and lives in his moms attic, while telling little kids on his stream to get of his lawn.
I love Asmongold! I've never had anything negative to say about him.