Too early to panic! Down votes inc?

Warlock
Trust me people I feel your pain. There are some major concerns and issues with warlocks. However, it is a bit early to be jumping the gun. Warlocks have always been one of the most gear dependent classes in wow. As my Ilvl and haste get higher my damage has seen huge increases and as a demo lock I am almost always number one if not at least number two on the dps chart. Granted we could have a wider variety of demons to make it more appealing. The biggest problem I have is that talkiels consumption doesn't feel rewarding enough. It's a great ability but it should hit harder the way it did back in beta before the nerfs. It takes a lot to line a fat tkc up. Not saying revert all the way to 10% of each demons health but reducing it to 6% kind of gutted the ability. Especially when a Druids full moon does the same damage and doesn't take near as much to line up.
Raids are in 2 weeks. New raids are prog. W a r l o c k s s u c k for prog. I want to play the game.
There's no real reason to panic in terms of DPS output - that can and (hopefully) will be balanced.

However, we are likely stuck with these awful mechanics for the rest of the expac.
If the raid rolls around and you still are not pulling the numbers to be competitive then we can talk but as of now I'm out dpsing almost every spec on every fight as demo. Personally I'm dominating people in pvp too with the honor talents being unlocked we have some nifty cool downs and will be able to create some interesting comps.
Agreed. Been running a few mythics with others 840 and I am mostly 1st or second dps as Destro.
I am just sadened that it took alot of gear to be able to catch up. Still. I have high hopes.
I dont see how it's jumping the gun. We are getting wrecked on meters, now. I don't need to wait to realize we might be ok in raids. Because as of right now we have to break a sweat just to break even. Meanwhile melee are netflix and chill not even worried.
09/07/2016 09:12 AMPosted by Dailyshoah
I dont see how it's jumping the gun. We are getting wrecked on meters, now. I don't need to wait to realize we might be ok in raids. Because as of right now we have to break a sweat just to break even. Meanwhile melee are netflix and chill not even worried.

If you look at my recent posts I'm usually number 1. So personally I'm not waiting for anything. I'm already doing good damage.
09/07/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Vakker
09/07/2016 09:12 AMPosted by Dailyshoah

If you look at my recent posts I'm usually number 1. So personally I'm not waiting for anything. I'm already doing good damage.

Oh, excellent. I'm on my phone at the moment, so can you please link the thread where you're teaching us how to consistently pull more damage than Hunters? Thanks. :-)
Unless i'm mistaken, dps meters are currently not showing accurate numbers due to how portals and soul effigy work?
My Warlock is undergeared and I feel weak in normal dungeons

But I hear that Destrolocks who run high haste do extremely well on Mythics so I'm not giving up on my Warlock yet

In the meantime, I'm just eating downvotes anytime I say anything Warlock related =/
After hitting 840 ilvl and breaking 16% haste, I can safely say demo feels fine in pve content, and in pvp? Fel lord is so fun to play. I'm digging our class right now, even if we're weaker than all the others. Ride or die, etc. We'll get over buffed eventually I know it.
09/07/2016 03:03 PMPosted by Looneyluna
Unless i'm mistaken, dps meters are currently not showing accurate numbers due to how portals and soul effigy work?

Not sure about soul effigy but portals are counted as pets and thus fall under the pet section on recount rather than your direct damage. I can't remember what the chaos bolt portal is called but the one that rapid-fires fel bolts is called Unstable Tear and the slower multiple shadow bolts is called Shadowy Tear.
Ok, I'm having a hard time puzzling through this. Bear in mind I don't pvp. PvP is now based on templates right? With a small buff for iLvl. Therefore, if we are fine mechanically PvPer's should do competitive dps.

I see a few locks now saying after breaching certain gear thresholds they are fine dps wise (PvE) but then if we are that gear dependant surely PvP locks should be feeling the burn dps wise? Is this what we are finding?

Not a flame/sh*t post or anything like that, just searching for insight.
09/07/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Poynty
Ok, I'm having a hard time puzzling through this. Bear in mind I don't pvp. PvP is now based on templates right? With a small buff for iLvl. Therefore, if we are fine mechanically PvPer's should do competitive dps.

I see a few locks now saying after breaching certain gear thresholds they are fine dps wise (PvE) but then if we are that gear dependant surely PvP locks should be feeling the burn dps wise? Is this what we are finding?

Not a flame/sh*t post or anything like that, just searching for insight.

PvP has relatively little to do with gear so you can be terrible in pve output and fine in pvp based on the template. You can also be terrible in pve and terrible in pvp which is what is currently happening.
09/07/2016 07:56 AMPosted by Vakker
If the raid rolls around and you still are not pulling the numbers to be competitive then we can talk but as of now I'm out dpsing almost every spec on every fight as demo. Personally I'm dominating people in pvp too with the honor talents being unlocked we have some nifty cool downs and will be able to create some interesting comps.

Why so we can wait another 3 months before its fixed? Id rather people !@#$% now because they were ^-*!@ing in beta and those people did raids in beta. I think this is what some people(my dps is great types) are not understanding. The class has been fleshed out up to raids already by top guilds that played in beta. People are mentioning using BD instead of RB like its a new thing but its not. Icy veins was saying use BD before legion hit because of RB nurf. I'm glad some people are learning something new if they didn't know that by now but none of this information is new.
I agree man..I am 845 and feel like I am solid and ready to raid. I normally top meters in my groups and do significant damage.

I made a post earlier about what was working for me and I got !@#$ on with down votes, as I had a different opinion than others. I feel pretty damn good about myself at moment.

Do we need some work? Sure, a little would help. However, I feel in my current gear and proper use of spec and talents Destro locks are fully capable of kicking %^-.
I'm doing around 180k-200k ST in mythic dungeons, 20% more if add cleave is involved, wouldn't miind like a 20% buff to CB though
09/07/2016 07:41 AMPosted by Vakker
Trust me people I feel your pain. There are some major concerns and issues with warlocks. However, it is a bit early to be jumping the gun. Warlocks have always been one of the most gear dependent classes in wow. As my Ilvl and haste get higher my damage has seen huge increases and as a demo lock I am almost always number one if not at least number two on the dps chart. Granted we could have a wider variety of demons to make it more appealing. The biggest problem I have is that talkiels consumption doesn't feel rewarding enough. It's a great ability but it should hit harder the way it did back in beta before the nerfs. It takes a lot to line a fat tkc up. Not saying revert all the way to 10% of each demons health but reducing it to 6% kind of gutted the ability. Especially when a Druids full moon does the same damage and doesn't take near as much to line up.

You would be right on the money if peoples only complaints were raw numbers, the fact is they gutted the class and made it less fun to play, it feels clunky and revolves around expensive hard casts. And affliction, which is mine and many others favorite spec, is laughably undertuned in pve and does next to no damage. Demo is trash level rotation mechanics, hard cast buff demon, hard cast summon more demons, hard cast buff those demons, summon demons, hard cast buff demons, summon cooldown demons, hard cast buff demons, artifact ability, filler, repeat.. also most of those demons are imps..
Too early? More like too late. A lot of the things people are complaining about now were talked about way back in alpha months ago as being glaring issues. Soul Effigy's terrible ui implementation, the gold aff perks being useless in raids, huge ramp up time for demo and Aff, Demo's weak target switching, etc.

These aren't balance whine issues and anyone writing it off as that is missing the point. There's a fundamental problem with the way Aff and Demo are setup with talents in particular in that when you compare them to other specs they sacrifice a lot to get the same utility. Compare Aff and Demo to Havoc DH, WW Monk or Mage, all those classes basically get cleave for free in their single target rotations where as warlock has to make a choice between ST or AoE. Destro is less of a problem but things like the mastery and the removal of embers were just pointless decisions with seemingly no reason.

The beta was a frustrating experience watching so many issues be completely ignored throughout the entire process, I hope people who are sticking it out have fun, I have no doubt the damage issues will get resolved, Warlock is rarely out of the top 5 in DPS but personally the "clunkiness" of the way the specs play now is just not worth it imo.
09/07/2016 07:56 AMPosted by Vakker

Why would you wait until raid groups are set to complain? That is the same argument as the "it's beta just wait til it launches" and look at us now. If they have something planned then they should communicate that to us.