Professions are rubbish in Legion

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
It's making me a bit sad and really extremely frustrated that I'm having trouble leveling my mining and JC this expansion. This is the first time I have ever found professions to be so unenjoyable and such a chore. I thought they had their issues in the past, but I still enjoyed them when I got around to doing them. Not so much anymore.
01/09/2017 01:47 AMPosted by Seelann
Professions are crap and have been for quite some time. At least with WoD crafting you had an item to reroll the stats without having to make 50 of one piece to get the right stats on it. The only useful things from professions are enchants, gems, food, and the items used while mounted, stonehide leather barding for example.

I just sell the leather, worth more than crafting anything with it.

Being able to get 865 in every slot with the perfect stats for your spec is your definition of worthless?
09/08/2016 02:57 PMPosted by Xiata
Everything is too rare/time consuming that it becomes not worth doing.

As a result, things cost too much/aren't worth buying - especially on more dead servers like mine.

I don't blame the profession makers for their prices, I know things like rare gems are really rare/take a lot of ore to get.

However, it's not worth me buying.

Sad thing is, yes I raid. But honestly, not worth buying a lot of these gems/enchants etc.

HECK - the runes that are +Intellect or whatever that you get from healing/tanking satchels are 500g PER on my server...you bet it - I am SELLING them not going to USE them at the rate of 500 PER.

LEGION: The expansion where everyone who made gold in WoD is expected to pay arm and leg for stuff....

I feel bad for new players.

At least WoD professions had EVERYONE able to do them/make money on them/had a good playing field. Nothing was too pricey(except maybe Epic gems when they were released) but there was no excuse why you couldn't be gemmed/enchanted.

This expansion blows for professions, here I thought they were going to be "fixed". Humph.

WoD destroyed professions and goods were selling at BC prices. Everyone being able to do them is what destroyed them, and it was completely not acceptable. Legion professions are great. Crafted gear is upgradeable so useful throughout the expansion, and the price of mats is worth what they really should be worth. It is fixed.
Um I don't agree with what you are saying. Look at my gear, crafting is in the best spot it has ever been.
I agree. Absolute rubbish!

Why, i would ever so like professions to be useful again.

What say thee?
01/23/2017 07:59 PMPosted by Maith
Um I don't agree with what you are saying. Look at my gear, crafting is in the best spot it has ever been.

DH is just one of very few classes that benefit from secondary stats more than primary still. Most classes the higher ilvl gear makes crafted gear useless.
The armor professions are all crap. Alchemy is a good one and so is enchanting.

This expansion your better of rolling skinning/herbalism imo.
I logged on to my mage/engineer to get his leveling started and when I found out how many materials were needed to summon a simple Jeeves, I had to say "WTF!"

Back to my druid alchemist.
09/08/2016 02:57 PMPosted by Xiata
At least WoD professions had EVERYONE able to do them/make money on them/had a good playing field. Nothing was too pricey(except maybe Epic gems when they were released) but there was no excuse why you couldn't be gemmed/enchanted.

I was sort of with you til you said this. How can anyone take you seriously after that?
I really wish crafting professions could have held about the same balance and skill requirements as they had in MoP, there were some nice profession related questlines such as the Lightning steel recipie quest and crafting was profitable for several professions. Gear was useful from crafting up until tier sets so the few high ilvl crafted items each profession could make were very good early on. All in all MoP had the best balance in professions without affecting other areas, why the system was changed so drastically when it wasnt really broken. WoD was very easy on professions and the biggest complaints were from folks getting bored,,,however it had some good points,,,Legions crafting system seems to be an over-reaction, taking things a bit too far in the opposite direction from recent systems, the intention to gate or slow progression seems counter intuitive to the actual quest themselves, some things that were never really broken should have never been fixed, MoP had plenty of gated recipies and plans but still managed to keep balance,Legion professions do not feel rewarding enough for the amount of effort and time put into them and with 10 alt sand every prof, this will be first time in years i wont get my professions all leveled,,,the rewards just are not there this time,,nothing sells or is sellable due to design or demand and gating slows things below instance gear,making crafted stuff irrelevant,,,,bring back regular profession gating and make quest reward some very good items and let professions be profitable again and allow a few high craftables for those who might not be able to do instances.
I agree. They completely ruined professions. Definitely not worth your time.
Lol.. typical GD.

Everybody and their brother complained about Professions in WoD.
Blizz "destroyed" them.
They were too easy.
They needed to "mean something" again.
Players waxed poetic about how great it was "back in ___" when you had to roam all over the world just to get mats and the joy of picking up recipes in Dungeons and Raids.
They demanded Blizz "fix" Professions.
Well Blizz listened... so to all of you that complained... thanks guys.
Proffesions arent "fixed". they are in the WORST state of affairs since MoP.
in MoP getting the mats was DEFINITELY too easy.. but the items crafted were actually usefull..
now we have this pathetic attempt at a crafting system, where by the time u level to 110 and have played for a week or so... there is nothing that you can make that is actually an improvement. couple that with the INSANE amounts of mats required = what is the point in them?
i see Inscription being removed from the game next expac after the complete gutting of it.
JC and Alch seem to be fairly good go-to's now. but then again they always have been.
i dont expect to be "gifted" everything. i like the quests.. i love the different levels of makes...
i dont like the fact that the quests are so spread out and time consuming to get to... just to have a quick read of something then back to Dal to hand in.. seems an empty experience.
All in all i to shall not be bothering with the pointless crafting system and have actually been looking for somewhere else to put my gaming time (not due entirely to crafting. its more the straw that broke the camels back)
Not to mention the amount of mats that's required to craft certain things just to increase your profession level is ridiculous.
Particularly for engineers... Idk how people manage to max out that profession, I haven't even managed to do it lol
Not to mention the amount of mats that's required to craft certain things just to increase your profession level is ridiculous.
Particularly for engineers... Idk how people manage to max out that profession, I haven't even managed to do it lol

Going to DMF every month since release for those 5 points.