Best 2nd artifact to invest in?

Warlock
I just got my 2nd golden trait for Destro (16 ranks now) and would like to invest in either Demo (0 ranks) or Aff (5 ranks). Considering Emerald Nightmare about the open, what's your advice? thanks.
Affectionography
Demo if you want to be the ultimate raid tool.

Affliction if you want to be the 5-man tool.
With fights lasting longer soon (Mythics, Raids) will Affliction pull ahead of Demo?
09/18/2016 10:45 PMPosted by Selphius
With fights lasting longer soon (Mythics, Raids) will Affliction pull ahead of Demo?
!@#$ no
09/18/2016 10:45 PMPosted by Selphius

No, at least no for now. It's just too undertuned.

Once the tuning hotfixes start, though, who the hell knows. Maybe Affliction will be buffed to be the best in every situation, as unlikely as that is. And then you get punished for picking the wrong artifact!

God I hate artifact weapons.
should i save my AP and like wait to use it? heh. i have a lot of items ready to go to empower a weapon...

Also I thought longer fights favored Aff?
09/18/2016 10:52 PMPosted by Selphius
Also I thought longer fights favored Aff?

Not when its numbers are just plain bad.
So dump all my AP items in Demo and feel good about it?
09/18/2016 10:31 PMPosted by Selphius
Considering Emerald Nightmare about the open, what's your advice? thanks.

Affliction doesn't compete with Destro for Relics but, just mechanically speaking, Demo is probably a better alternative in the long run.
09/18/2016 11:01 PMPosted by Corsceseia
Demo is probably a better alternative in the long run.
Pretty much.
09/18/2016 10:59 PMPosted by Selphius
So dump all my AP items in Demo and feel good about it?

You could, but then this

09/18/2016 10:49 PMPosted by Vreivai
No, at least no for now. It's just too undertuned.

Once the tuning hotfixes start, though, who the hell knows. Maybe Affliction will be buffed to be the best in every situation, as unlikely as that is. And then you get punished for picking the wrong artifact!

could happen.
09/18/2016 10:49 PMPosted by Vreivai
And then you get punished for picking the wrong artifact!

Then you haven't been paying attention to how they work. If you've been doing your artifact research, as you should be as soon as it unlocks, after a few completions of that, even the lowest WQ with AP is going to be 1-2 points for an artifact you haven't put any points into. It's one of the best "catch up" mechanics I've ever seen in any MMO.
I'd say if you're looking for a DPS artifact with strong ST, cleave, and burst aoe...

Twinblades of the Deceiver are a pretty good bet.
Dump them into affliction specifically as an aoe offspec. Should have decent raid use for some trash and will be extremely useful for mythic+ trash and allows you to have your main spec be pure single target.
Putting mine into affliction in case a fight comes up with tons of movement
09/18/2016 10:43 PMPosted by Ork

Affliction if you want to be the 5-man tool.

uh no

Many people will be in for a surprise with Demo in a lot of mythic raid encounters
09/18/2016 10:43 PMPosted by Ork

At this point, we'll all be raid tools. Just there to look pretty and throw out high fives, bro.
I'm dumping all my ap into affliction and hoping it pulls through later. Doing about 160k-180k single target dps in mythic if my soul shard RNG is good.
I did Affliction and Demo. Between those two you should be able to cover everything alright, outside of constant cleave situations where Destro shines.