Q&A Thread Capped.

Warlock
Wait for the new one. Some of the criticism was not so great, it was "how come we suck?"

Be specific with what is wrong, make it clear that we want sincere reassurance more than anything and a lack of communication has made us agitated. Otherwise, great job
We don't need to really be specific at this point, they've had over a year of feedback detailing specifically how we're broken and what we'd need to get fixed. Some of the feedback wasn't even subjective, we've been reporting bugs from early Alpha that still made it to launch.

All respect to Ornyx for coming here and asking for feedback but it was always there, we've never not provided critical feedback. Problem is, doesn't matter if we provide feedback because we're all just repeating ourselves. This QA shenanigans is mostly a way to stand out to the other classes, they're not going to answer any hard hitting questions.

By locking the thread so quickly, we've probably just irritated them more than anything which is a win in my book.
09/07/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Tresextas
Wait for the new one. Some of the criticism was not so great, it was "how come we suck?"

Be specific with what is wrong, make it clear that we want sincere reassurance more than anything and a lack of communication has made us agitated. Otherwise, great job

They are probably hoping we just get learned helplessness and go away. Just staying in the spot light shows them we are not backing down.
Irritation has its place I'll admit.

I've also been very happy to note that many other classes coming here to say they understand.
They should at the very least change the class name from warlock to RNGlocked.

And while they're at it change the awesome warlock class description that partially made me want to play one in the first place to something like. "This is WoWs random black sheep class, with a little talent shifting from encounter to encounter, and a whole lot of luck you will have the honor of being halfway decent. If not, well, you won't die much while questing!"
The amount of warlock centered questions is amazing, they should turn the entire Q&A into a warlock Class discussion post Legion launch and do a series for all the classes, maybe some classes don't need it and can be rolled into episodes with others too ;p
Be specific

Why? we've been giving feedback since alpha/beta and they did nothing.
09/07/2016 12:40 PMPosted by Vaspein
The amount of warlock centered questions is amazing, they should turn the entire Q&A into a warlock Class discussion post Legion launch and do a series for all the classes, maybe some classes don't need it and can be rolled into episodes with others too ;p

I would adore a "state of the class" series. Every few weeks/months/raid tier they do a series of videos or blogs on the current state of each class. Really show pride in what they made and their direction for the class in the future.
09/07/2016 12:40 PMPosted by Vaspein

At this point they'd probably be better off posting an actual substantive reply or even blog post about warlocks so that the Q&A on friday can proceed as planned. Otherwise there will be an obvious elephant in the room, and the longer they keep quiet about it the more frustrated the warlock community will get.

The real test for me will be if they are actually willing to not only make significant mechanical/design changes, but to do so timely. I'm frankly not even interested in numbers tuning at this point. They need to be willing to hear our feedback and take a hard look at how the specs actually play on a fundamental design level and take the steps necessary to correct the current problems. Soon, not in the back half of 2017.

Demo deserves to be a spec that is more engaging than summoning weak imps and constantly buffing them.

Destro deserves to be a spec that doesn't both look and feel like the sad little brother of the Fire Mage

Afflction deserves to be a spec that has actually functional artifact abilities and isn't entirely reliant on RNG shard generation to do decent damage.

And lastly, ALL warlock specs deserve actual spec distinction instead of using the same Doomguard cooldown, the same "combo points but worse" soul shard mechanics, and the same "the only caster that still has to worry about mana" life tap nonsense.
I have sent this to the GM in game. Hopefully I can get my dps restored.

Hello,

I have recently been kicked from Dungeons for having to low of DPS, it must be lost because I have been doing my rotation as best as I can and I can't even remotely keep up with everyone else. I am not able to play the game beacause of this. If I could get my DPS restored that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Dafoxie

This is obviously from another post, but I encourage every warlock to open a ticket, and use this form letter..(just sign your own name lol ) maybe that might work? Btw ty dafoxie, great letter
09/07/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Syntàxx

Hello,

I have recently been kicked from Dungeons for having to low of DPS, it must be lost because I have been doing my rotation as best as I can and I can't even remotely keep up with everyone else. I am not able to play the game beacause of this. If I could get my DPS restored that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Dafoxie

This is obviously from another post, but I encourage every warlock to open a ticket, and use this form letter..(just sign your own name lol ) maybe that might work? Btw ty dafoxie, great letter

Yeah I sent one saying I think I actually deleted the dps and fun on my warlock and if there's any way they could bring them back from the void for me.
09/07/2016 01:12 PMPosted by Tmogfarmer
09/07/2016 12:57 PMPosted by Syntàxx

Hello,

Thanks!
Dafoxie

Yeah I sent one saying I think I actually deleted the dps and fun on my warlock and if there's any way they could bring them back from the void for me.

Waiting for my dps in the mail :P
with a whole expansion centering on demons, you would think that warlocks would've turned out better. i mean, we do summon and control demons, and once upon a time we even turned ourselves into demons.

turning into demons can go to the DH's out there, doesn't mean we couldn't have something cool too. shouldn't be a limited amount of cool things in game. i mean they could of given us new powerful looking demons this expansion. i would of been fine with them saying they would only be available to locks for Legion, cuz not enough power to summon them out of the void next expansion. at least it would look like you cared about us.

would be nice if on Friday the devs take our posts under serious consideration, and give us some kind of feedback. even if they say they still think their design goal is good, but execution needs to be refined, that would be something. ignoring locks isn't the way to deal with unhappy players (customers).
09/07/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Xiaren
with a whole expansion centering on demons, you would think that warlocks would've turned out better. i mean, we do summon and control demons, and once upon a time we even turned ourselves into demons.

turning into demons can go to the DH's out there, doesn't mean we couldn't have something cool too. shouldn't be a limited amount of cool things in game. i mean they could of given us new powerful looking demons this expansion. i would of been fine with them saying they would only be available to locks for Legion, cuz not enough power to summon them out of the void next expansion. at least it would look like you cared about us.

would be nice if on Friday the devs take our posts under serious consideration, and give us some kind of feedback. even if they say they still think their design goal is good, but execution needs to be refined, that would be something. ignoring locks isn't the way to deal with unhappy players (customers).

They were like, demon hunters should turn into demons, I know we can take that from locks! Hm mages should have some sort of beautiful fire effect on their characters at all time.. Hey locks have something like that, why don't we just strip that off them and give it to mages?! Now what can we add to locks.. I know we can decrease their damage and turn a lot of their important baseline spells into talents while adding a very innovative crippling RNG mechanic to every spec. Fantasy achieved!
09/07/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Xiaren

this
09/07/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Looneyluna
Be specific

Why? we've been giving feedback since alpha/beta and they did nothing.

I dont know why I bother preaching message discipline