I vote for Suramar as RP hub!

Moon Guard
It would be neat to make the Waning crescent a new RP hub for both horde and alliance.

Its away from guards so you dont need to use the disguise.

Its time to move away from SW, ORG, and SM. least for awhile. :P
Wouldn't the main issue be that Suramar isn't unlocked until you reach level cap? Kind of creates a exclusive "members only" club for RP. Members only meaning level 110's only.

Dalaran is still a good place to mingle. There are a couple zones with main cities / towns / hubs that'd also be good hubs. Plus they'd all be open to anyone 100 - 110.

Less exclusive then Suramar but still somewhat restrictive to anyone 1 - 99.

That's probably why Stormwind, Orgrimmar and Silvermoon City are so popular. Anyone can gather there regardless of level.
Well...really like...a third of the wanning crescent is free of mobs. Maybe even less, there are still patrols of guards around. It's a very small space to have RP. Instead, I would recommend Shal'Aran, or whatever the name of that place is.

Also, coming up with an IC justification for being able to just waltz around in surumar isn't exactly easy. Youd have to be under constant disguise.
Sure, let's just NOT trigger every mob and their mother over there.

Edit*

I understand the Crescent is the only friendly place there but it's such a small area that for all the people who rp in every part of Stormwind, it's just not likely to happen since it's just too small to house that many players, plus NPCs.
People will RP where they are or need to be ICly.

/shrug. That is how I see it at least.
Iahri's birth place, so yes please.
I don't know if it's just because of Legion's boom, but I keep talking to people oocly in the world and they respond IC so I switch to IC.

Like, I'll say "yo you doin this quest oto?" (typo included on purpose for this example)

Then the dwarf will say, "Aye, I'm showing these demons what it means to mess with 300 pounds of dwarven fury!"

Then I'll fix up my grammar, "Suits my purposes. Let us attack together and show these felborn bastards the might of the Alliance!"

And then we'll quest for a bit IC.

It's happened 2-3 times so far which is quite a lot considering the short span of time since Legion has come out and the fact that I can hardly recall an example of the same thing of since vanilla.

It's hardly some sort of 24,000 word epic story, but I enjoy playing with nice people and some light casual RP.

I have not seen RP in Suramar though. What with all the high level action going on. People are usually busy and focused.
I would love to RP in Suramar. There are a number of small areas free from guards to do small RP events in.
09/16/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Iahri

Perceus' (this guy) too. I imagine I'll be doing quite a bit of RPing there... once I happen to get around to RPing. There's way too much stuff to do (and I lost like 10 days of play time because I was on vacation).
I hope there is some kind of patch to patch zone progression in Suramar, kind of like how there was in Quel'danas but on a much larger and hopefully drawn out scale.

Y'know, as the Nightfallen/borne resistance gains traction, more and more of the city is retaken and becomes truly neutral and accessible without needing the masquerade masks. Would be neat for RP, as this guy also has some distant ties to the city as well.
09/17/2016 10:09 AMPosted by Iltherin
I hope there is some kind of patch to patch zone progression in Suramar, kind of like how there was in Quel'danas but on a much larger and hopefully drawn out scale.

Y'know, as the Nightfallen/borne resistance gains traction, more and more of the city is retaken and becomes truly neutral and accessible without needing the masquerade masks. Would be neat for RP, as this guy also has some distant ties to the city as well.
Sadly, that would have to make it phased, because everything in 7.0 requires the city being under total Nightborne control.
That's where those filthy, good for nothing Elves live. THEY TOOK MA LAND
09/16/2016 06:17 AMPosted by Shrilinda
Wouldn't the main issue be that Suramar isn't unlocked until you reach level cap?

Not really. You can go into Suramar before 110, but. Good luck.
I mean, the zone itself is rad, the little Druid hub on the edge of Val'sharah and Suramar is really cool (and the little owlcat pet is too much cute for me to handle).

But I won't touch Suramar City for RP on the assumption that a small portion of it is friendly to anyone unmasked.
09/17/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Felwhisper
Perceus' (this guy) too. I imagine I'll be doing quite a bit of RPing there... once I happen to get around to RPing. There's way too much stuff to do (and I lost like 10 days of play time because I was on vacation).

Maybe we'll run into one another. :^)
09/16/2016 09:40 AMPosted by Iahri

Myth's too...

Was weird for him coming home... and realizing most of his friends are still jackasses.

And that they're alive.

And working with the Legion.

... It was a very confusing emotional moment.
09/19/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Mythlanai

Some sort of existential crisis in a way, I'm sure.

Iahri is lucky (?) in that her entire family was PKed before the Sundering. At least all she has to deal with is knowing that everyone survived the explosion, and she could've stayed behind to become a grape-flavored Night Elf. Although, I'm not sure if that makes it any easier for her. Bit of a conundrum.
09/19/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Iahri
09/19/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Mythlanai

Some sort of existential crisis in a way, I'm sure.

Iahri is lucky (?) in that her entire family was PKed before the Sundering. At least all she has to deal with is knowing that everyone survived the explosion, and she could've stayed behind to become a grape-flavored Night Elf. Although, I'm not sure if that makes it any easier for her. Bit of a conundrum.

A little bit of a one - but the aforementioned 'jackasses' bit made things easier on him.

Still debating on what happened to his family - all I know is his father didn't take part in the Highborne shenanigans at Zin-Azshara, so he would have been in Suramar during the WotA. I mean, on the bright side, I know they wouldn't end up working with the Legion.