Are hunters fun?

General Discussion
Been thinking about leveling mine. I'd go BM and maybe MM. I have enough melee so probably not be survival.

Are they fun to play solo? Dungeon?
I have three and they're my favorite class to play solo. Now, with the addition of the charged combat pet with the artifact, it's like having a small tactical squad to take into combat. One thing about hunters, warlocks, and mages, we rarely quest alone. :)
Currently BM is very simple. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. MM is a bit more complex but still not real hard. Both specs are waiting for adjustments from Blizzard but who knows when they actually come.

At least we're not warlocks though.
I love the hunter, just try not to use barrage in the dungeons and you will be okay. This is my second hunter, I changed realms about two years ago and I am still having a blast with him. I prefer MM and sometimes survival. Great for solo questing. I also have a warlock, great also for solo but takes a little longer to bring down mobs.
09/19/2016 05:10 AMPosted by Drakulos

This is a stupid question. You're relying on other peoples opinion of what is fun or not. Just friggin make one and find out what YOU think is fun.

/quack
They're great for soloing, sure.

As for fun? Subjective.

BM is a clunkfest of a rotation.

MM is back to being a shoot n' scoot that allows for very little shooting of the single ability the entire rotation is built around due to the overabundance of bad.

Survival is in your face melee, yet lacks survivability which is pretty funny in and of itself.
I'm enjoying BM hunter very much -- a lot more than I thought I would. It's simple, yes, but that means you can do more.

Your pet is weaker than it used to be, so make Mend Pet a part of your cooldown rotation. I'm serious about that. Just keep Mend Pet up always and you'll save yourself a lot of headaches.
I love my hunter for stupid nostalgic reasons plus the ability to do everything i could ever want solo. I love having access to so many different pets that, at one point, had utility.

I will say that they've sapped a bit of the flavor from the BM hunter, but I still enjoy the class.

I enjoy playing my outlaw rogue more, however.
I love mine - this one is an alt. My main is marksmanship.

And you can actually use barrage in dungeons. ;) You just have to make sure to position yourself correctly and also be ready to feign death if you do accidentally hit something you weren't aiming at.

We lost traps, but I still throw down a binding shot on large trash packs. I figure the short stun helps a bit, maybe.

I love running around and jumping out of the way of mechanics and using barrage in heroics and not pulling anything extra, which I'd like to think would show some of the people who reject hunters on sight that not all of us can't control our arrows, but eh. They probably don't even notice, and all they notice and remember is the one time a hunter in their group pulled all the Halls of Valor trash with barrage.

Which using barrage correctly in that hallway is the mark of a truly skilled hunter. ;)
Huntards*
Leveled to 110 just to see how it was. Shelved her after that, just so boring no matter the spec. Ok survival isn't boring but so bloated with skills, it makes it unfun. Yes you can solo most anything, but you can do it while watching TV.
do you like, running, jumping and shooting? Then hunters are perfect class for you
BM hunters are fun. They are easy to play, have great survivability because of having a pet tank, and have very little down time.

Sometimes you don;t want a "deep, engaging, rotation/playstyle" and a BM hunter is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I use Gnome Sequencer Enhanced addon with a one button macro. In dungeons I usually am top DPS... and always above other hunters.

As mentioned when running dungeons, spec out of Barrage and into A Murder of Crows. I never use barrage because it is always pulling neutral adds and anything else you can see on the screen. :P
Been thinking about leveling mine. I'd go BM and maybe MM. I have enough melee so probably not be survival.

I personally think MM is really fun! I love the fast pace to it.
09/19/2016 05:19 AMPosted by Duckypoo

This is a stupid question. You're relying on other peoples opinion of what is fun or not. Just friggin make one and find out what YOU think is fun.

/quack

If that's a stupid question, than ALL questions are stupid, and should never be asked. Lighten up, Francis.
Nowhere near as fun as they used to be that's for sure.
fun to play

Before legion? Yes, after legion no.

Too few skills to use, it's like blizzard thinks the class is played by dumb people.
09/19/2016 06:01 AMPosted by Darkcherry
it's like blizzard thinks the class is played by dumb people.

Most of the community does too.
Most of the community does too.

Well, now I can't even enjoy leveling it. Shame because i camped that kitty rare for years and now...can't play.
I like MM, no worries about pet pathing, or suddenly going, "Hm, where is he" and he's off gnawing on whatever.

You do die more with lone wolf, though.