I have faith in Blizz w/ Locks

Warlock
With the amount of feedback, concerns, and passion that has been expressed concerning Locks in Legion (increasing more so recently with the Q&A tomorrow) I did want to give a shout-out to Blizz that they've done an overall amazing job so far. It's easy to forget that those who make the game are real people with lives, and that hearing a large amount of criticism on what wasn't done great can be disheartening. I genuinely appreciate both Blizz and the Lock community, and know they are working on Locks the best they can!
you wish, you are probably new to the game...

several years went by before people could able to play what they want!!!
So.. I dropped my lock as main back in Wraith (always got him to max level at some point in the other expansions between then and Legion) because they nerfed us almost every patch or changed our rotation. The only spec I really want to play or enjoy is Affliction. Destruction is WAAAAYYY too much like Shaman and Demon... I'm over casting "empowerment" after every ability. 1,2,1,3,1,4,1,2,1,4,1,4,1,2,1,3...

I had HIIIIGGGGHHH hopes that the feed back from beta and alpha were just.. eh... I told my friends "No! I'm not listening... I'm going to main warlock and be competitive in mythics, mythic + and Raids"... well here i am.. Doing Max dps at 180k and min around 70k.. with 838 ilvl... While my friends Max DPS is 250k and min is 170k

They have until Friday to give us a response.. before I drop this guy as our main and begin to blow up their customer service for the past 9 days I've spent dropping 30-50+ game hours into him wasted...
I'd like to say i have faith in what they will do, but since i've been playing mine since vanilla, i have serious doubts. We rarely ever get boosts, more often nerfs, and when they give us something nice, they take it away later, water walking glyph on mount especially.
I have faith that they will do what they do every other expansion: launch with garbo balance and then ham-fistedly buff and nerf the wrong things in the wrong specs throughout the entire expansion. In quarterly intervals instead of a timely manner with little to no communication inbetween.
I have higher hopes due to the fact that the outpouring of frustration is at the levels they're currently at. If they ignore us or dismiss us now, my decision to quit WoW for good is the right one.
Bring back the little things of the class that we all enjoyed, but I also would really like a rework of each spec not just buffing of numbers. I really want the focus on imps gone I mean we are master summoner should as well as some of the most powerful in our orders so we should be able to summon groups of strong demons
I had faith too.....then they launched the game with warlocks like this and announced no follow up plan for us.
09/08/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Vaspein
I had faith too.....then they launched the game with warlocks like this and announced no follow up plan for us.

I honestly have no idea why Blizz goes literally weeks (sometimes months) without a single substantive communication about important issues. It's a regular fault with every xpac, and it just doesn't make any sense.

It's like you have to ask a legit stupid question in 140 characters or less to get any engagement.
09/08/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Sinarya
With the amount of feedback, concerns, and passion that has been expressed concerning Locks in Legion (increasing more so recently with the Q&A tomorrow) I did want to give a shout-out to Blizz that they've done an overall amazing job so far. It's easy to forget that those who make the game are real people with lives, and that hearing a large amount of criticism on what wasn't done great can be disheartening. I genuinely appreciate both Blizz and the Lock community, and know they are working on Locks the best they can!
However as much as I would like everything to get better with all 3 specs the silence from blizzard is very unnerving and just tuning the numbers won't fix this issue
I really think that positivity is something we pretty badly need on this forum right now, but... I just can't say thanks for what we currently have, especially after playing some of the other classes. They clearly did some good work initially with demo, but it looks like they just stopped giving a sh*t about all three specs pretty early on in the process.

I can't even wrap my mind around how they approached class fantasy design this time... OK, we're introducing demon hunters as a playable class, sort of a demonic ascendant melee fighter. They're definitely gonna draw from some of the same themes that warlocks do. Why, why, why would you not design these two classes to compliment each other at least thematically and aesthetically? The big "hero" of the expansion is a Demon Hunter, and the big "villain", at least at the onset, is a Warlock. You can't just ignore either of those playable classes' fantasies! What a wasted opportunity.

I do have hope that they'll implement changes beyond the scope of what we're expecting; That is to say, I cautiously believe we'll get more than just a numbers tuning. Though, to be honest, there's really no current evidence whatsoever for any of us to believe that. They can't even muster up the give-a-sh*t to post a canned response to our concerns. If they don't give us something really good in the Q&A tomorrow I swear to N'zoth I'm gonna whine and complain some more like an impotent jerk.
09/08/2016 10:16 AMPosted by Inferis
I really think that positivity is something we pretty badly need on this forum right now, but... I just can't say thanks for what we currently have, especially after playing some of the other classes. They clearly did some good work initially with demo, but it looks like they just stopped giving a sh*t about all three specs pretty early on in the process.

I can't even wrap my mind around how they approached class fantasy design this time... OK, we're introducing demon hunters as a playable class, sort of a demonic ascendant melee fighter. They're definitely gonna draw from some of the same themes that warlocks do. Why, why, why would you not design these two classes to compliment each other at least thematically and aesthetically? The big "hero" of the expansion is a Demon Hunter, and the big "villain", at least at the onset, is a Warlock. You can't just ignore either of those playable classes' fantasies! What a wasted opportunity.

I do have hope that they'll implement changes beyond the scope of what we're expecting; That is to say, I cautiously believe we'll get more than just a numbers tuning. Though, to be honest, there's really no current evidence whatsoever for any of us to believe that. They can't even muster up the give-a-sh*t to post a canned response to our concerns. If they don't give us something really good in the Q&A tomorrow I swear to N'zoth I'm gonna whine and complain some more like an impotent jerk.

I've tried to remain optimistic and civilized about the whole thing, and I've managed to have success with warlocks as they are. That being said, given the massive community outcry that has been mustered from the state of things, I honestly have to agree. If they don't address the issue seriously and actually back up what they say, then I will be 100% supportive of any backlash that follows. And I totally agree. Legion is a expansion that should have room for both Demon Hunter and Warlocks shining gloriously. There's even quests in the zones themselves where there's a DH and a lock bumming about and having demon killing adventures; Tehd and Marius.
It's just as likely we get nerfed at this point.

Some internal testing on mythic raiding from the next tier with full artifact has a warlock scaling a little too well, incoming 50% nerf to mastery or some other BS.

Or another likely scenario, locks get buffed, then the pvp guys who can't code or do math try to bring the lock template back down by reducing intellect because they can't be bothered to tweak whatever was actually buffed and end up just nerfing the crap out of them in pvp.
09/08/2016 10:00 AMPosted by Vonnik
09/08/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Vaspein

I honestly have no idea why Blizz goes literally weeks (sometimes months) without a single substantive communication about important issues. It's a regular fault with every xpac, and it just doesn't make any sense.

It's like you have to ask a legit stupid question in 140 characters or less to get any engagement.

It wasn't just months. The entire beta. Not one blue responded to any of the warlock spec feedback forums. Not. One. Time.
Reason Bliz doesn't say anything?

Simple...........

They love are tears and Don't give a $#(@
09/08/2016 01:33 PMPosted by Jeryes
09/08/2016 10:00 AMPosted by Vonnik

It wasn't just months. The entire beta. Not one blue responded to any of the warlock spec feedback forums. Not. One. Time.

Pretty sure I read something similar over on the priest beta feedback thread. Same feedback since like March without any acknowledgment.
Though, to be honest, there's really no current evidence whatsoever for any of us to believe that. They can't even muster up the give-a-sh*t to post a canned response to our concerns.

Look at it from their point of view. They still don't see exactly how the raids are going to be because raiding isn't an option yet. Not everyone is level 110 yet, so they don't have a huge base to work off of. Any response or change they give now could potentially just be more rope that we [warlocks] will hang them with.

The forums aren't exactly known for being "constructive".
09/08/2016 08:05 PMPosted by Tenebrood
Though, to be honest, there's really no current evidence whatsoever for any of us to believe that. They can't even muster up the give-a-sh*t to post a canned response to our concerns.

Look at it from their point of view. They still don't see exactly how the raids are going to be because raiding isn't an option yet. Not everyone is level 110 yet, so they don't have a huge base to work off of. Any response or change they give now could potentially just be more rope that we [warlocks] will hang them with.

you act like they don't deserve a noose at this point.
(WoW Dev reads warlock forums, sees the one Rogue post whining about warlocks in battlegrounds..)

"We feel Warlocks are in a great position right now, though we will continue to monitor the class as they progress through the expansion!"
09/08/2016 08:16 PMPosted by Furrý
09/08/2016 08:05 PMPosted by Tenebrood

you act like they don't deserve a noose at this point.

Case in point.