Dalaran Crater no longer fatal.

General Discussion
So I don't know why this was changed or who at Blizz decided to kill the fun for mages who caught people who didn't watch the cast bar or just idly clicked whatever port came up in-front of them. But the fall to Dalaran Crater, either from a mage or from the one in the new Dalaran, is not fatal, they even removed the goblin selling gliders.

This is not cool Blizzard.
That was the only reason to play mage.
When has it ever been fatal? I always get to like 5% hp when I fall on my non-mage/priest/druid characters on it.
Killing unsuspecting players and leaving them far from where they wanted to go was fun for you?

I am not at all sad that your fun was broken.
Yet again Blizzard the Fun Breaker strikes.
Yeah, it's fun if you like being a complete douche and that's just your every day personality in life.
They removed an unnecessary thing that adding nothing to the game other than an opportunity to grief anyone playing a class without access to a slow fall or falling damage reduction.

Good riddance.
So OP, this entire thread is about you having a sad because you can't be a giant bag of Ds to people anymore?

Seriously?

How twisted do you need to be to think advertising how big of a dirtbag you are online is somehow a good thing?
The white knights make me giggle. It wasn't JUST about being malicious. When you cast the Ancient Dal portal it says "Ancient Dalaran Portal" you know thats the fatal one.

They nerfed this for no reason.
I am very disappointed in this change. If a group does not see me casting that portal they deserve the fall to their deaths. I see me never making a group portal ever again in protest. You can all hearthstone for all i care!!!!!!
I thought it was flavor. I guess people complained enough since there is a permanent portal up. I can understand why they did it, I don't agree though.
If you nerf a Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite, you're going to have to nerf a glider vendor. When you nerf a glider vendor, you're going to want to prevent fall deaths. When you finish, you'll...
I'm just glad I don't have to waste a glider every time I use that portal now.

Also, according to a mage in my guild, only the permanent Old Dalaran portal in the New Dalaran got the reduced drop treatment. So to all you mages complaining that you can't be terrible people unworthy of attention or friendship anymore, there may still be a way.

Would still prefer your kind quit the game, but hey.
09/12/2016 11:19 PMPosted by Iceferno
When has it ever been fatal? I always get to like 5% hp when I fall on my non-mage/priest/druid characters on it.

It was always fatal when you didn't have some form of fall damage reduction?
Portal roulette is a lot less fun now
I guess it'd only work on people not at full health cause that fall hasn't been fatal to any of my characters.
09/12/2016 11:19 PMPosted by Pouncey
Killing unsuspecting players and leaving them far from where they wanted to go was fun for you?

Yes...?
Only one thing I can say about that change:

GOOD, about time they nerf a bit of griefing.