Any catch-up methods?

General Discussion
At this stage, I'm done with my hunter. I'm bored in PVE and I'm useless in PVP.

But all the work i've put into this one artifact, will I ever catch up if I switch now?
It's only 2 weeks into the expansion my bro.
Your artifact research notes apply to every artifact.... so as the expansion progresses you'll be able to gather AP faster for another artifact.
Um... yeah, easily.

On top of it only being week 3 out of probably 104 or so, artifact knowledge research time is already down to 3 days if you're just hitting 110. It will go back up of course as you catch up, but that's some pretty strong catchup. The exponential scaling of the AP required per talent, which greatly outscales artifact knowledge, is also innately a catchup mechanism.
Yeah I guess I should stop procrastinating.
I hear Heinz and Del Monte have them.
09/17/2016 11:55 PMPosted by Dbrb
Your artifact research notes apply to every artifact.... so as the expansion progresses you'll be able to gather AP faster for another artifact.

oh really? awesome that's just what i wanted to hear
09/17/2016 11:56 PMPosted by Zapwidget
I hear Heinz and Del Monte have them.

I expect more from you. Not that you didn't try, but I expect more.
09/17/2016 11:56 PMPosted by Uhospaghetio
Um... yeah, easily.

On top of it only being week 3 out of probably 104 or so, artifact knowledge research time is already down to 3 days if you're just hitting 110. It will go back up of course as you catch up, but that's some pretty strong catchup. The exponential scaling of the AP required per talent, which greatly outscales artifact knowledge, is also innately a catchup mechanism.

Actually artifact knowledge eventually starts out-scaling the AP required per talent. There is an exponential gain in AP per talent between 12-18 and after that it actually progresses only partially exponential at about (AP x 1.5). The total AP to unlock all the talents excluding bonus traits is around 5mil (including 20 bonus ranks its 65mil).

Max artifact research knowledge (rank 25) increases AP gained by 24,000%. At this level your daily dungeon bonus awards you about 100,000 AP allowing you to unlock every talent in less than a month doing just 1 dungeon a day.
09/18/2016 12:17 AMPosted by Dbrb
Actually artifact knowledge eventually starts out-scaling the AP required per talent. There is an exponential gain in AP per talent between 12-18 and after that it actually progresses only partially exponential at about (AP x 1.5). The total AP to unlock all the talents excluding bonus traits is around 5mil (including 20 bonus ranks its 65mil).

Max artifact research knowledge (rank 25) increases AP gained by 24,000%. At this level your daily dungeon bonus awards you about 100,000 AP allowing you to unlock every talent in less than a month doing just 1 dungeon a day.

I'm counting bonus traits.
It's called Artifact Knowledge, and it increases the amount of Artifact Power that you gain dramatically as it rises in level.