Getting kicked because of my class???

General Discussion
09/03/2016 01:36 AMPosted by Missinghorn
Had some people try that on me today for playing feral in a dungeon. My dps was a 8-10k lower than the other dps classes but I finished first in overall damage because I know how to use my DoTs it's just dummies who think the only number that matters is the exact dps one. They ended up apologizing for trying to kick me and then tried to recruit me into their mythic raid guild but I declined because people with that attitude ruin the game for people like us OP.
Did they start clapping and give you $100 as well?
Warlocks are garbage right now, it's to be expected.
I haven't been kicked for being a Lock, but I could see being denied a spot on a premade Mythic group because of it.

My DPS is all over the place. One boss fight I'll do 90k, then next 150k. My DPS on trash is just horrid because I am built for ST and not AoE.

My Chaos Noodle is junk %65 of the time, and Dimensional Rift is hit or miss depending on which rift pops.

I am tired of being at the mercy of RNG.
09/03/2016 01:46 AMPosted by Valdrane
I am tired of being at the mercy of RNG.

Join the club.
Don't let it get you down too much. Sounds like you're just having bad luck with pugging and you're getting aholes.
I haven't been kicked for being a Lock, but I could see being denied a spot on a premade Mythic group because of it.

Basically this. I've been blown out of the water by other dps in a good number of dungeon runs, but i've never been kicked for poor dps, or for being a warlock. I don't think most people in normal/heroic even run a meter, or particularly care even when they do as long as the run is going smoothly.

But I have also stayed silent when my guild asks for dps for Mythics because I'm personally concerned about holding them back. And I could easily see Mythic Groups looking past warlocks when forming in group finder.

There is a problem here, without a doubt in my mind... but I don't really believe being kicked from LFD Normal/heroics based on calss is the problem.
I've yet to get kicked but I've seen streamers which played warlock get kicked and it wasn't a "git gud" issue, we're talking about world class players.

Being refused from countless dungeons is another issue entirely but one that we're clearly going through, I'm just lucky that my guild's around and don't mind me tagging along.

Otherwise I'm basically in a pug performing one role (single target or AOE) adequately based off my talent choices but completely useless in the other and hopefully not called out on it. Meanwhile another class does both jobs adequately without trying.

Exactly my point. Im about 90% certain OP is lying or telling a half-truth.

Pfft, I saw a tank try to vote kick one of the DPS in a random dungeon back in Wrath simply because the dps was playing a male BElf and the tank "hated male BElfs."

People can be absolutely bottom of the barrel idiots in this game. It happens.
People can play with whoever they want. The only solution is for blizzard to buff warlocks.
I thought I would of been kicked when the group saw a hunter, not only with a pet, but with two pets.

Twoooo peeet hunteeer (slow mo) as leader's finger reaches for kick.
Warlock lives matter too!
I've been kicked for being a lock. Before combat the raid leader, who accepted applications from locks, announces he's kicking all the locks. It wasn't just me there were 2 others.

Raist was my 1st char. When I was leveling people would randomly /spit on him and challenge for duels. I had a friend that started at the same time as me, a paladin, who was shocked at how random people treated me when we grouped.

I think some people don't like locks, especially undead ones. I wonder if it's the demonology aspect of the class. Is it a protest by religious types? Over time I've accepted the stigma of being an undead warlock, even embraced it. I may not PvP with Raist in a given xpac, but I always have a PvP spec.

EDIT: I have every class >100, no one else got treated like that. It may have something to do with when I started in Wrath. When they introduced RDF people were pretty sucky.
Anyone who would vote kick someone based on their class alone is a mouth-breather who you really don't want to waste your time playing with anyways. Sorry you had to go thru that nonsense OP :(
What would solve this is blocking damage meters addons. Then blizzard could stop tuning bosses to these meters. They could focus on fun, interesting mechanics.
09/03/2016 12:57 AMPosted by Susara
Getting beaten out by the tank is not necessarily a reason to kick someone. I ran a dungeon on my blood DK earlier today, and I was second in DPS because of my aoe damage. The run went without issues, and there is no reason to rage against someone because they're more single-target focused, or even because they're not playing optimally.

Tanks will often top the meters on trash. Because all tanks have ungodly AOE. DPS will pull way ahead on boss fights though.
09/02/2016 09:39 PMPosted by Thanatosia
I've yet to be kicked out of groups for being a warlock, but I do spend a lot of runs hoping no one else is running any sort of damage meters...

Seeing some classes land hits over a million while my Cast time DoT throttled by a special resource cost does 170k over it's duration, and seeing my other dots tick for 20k... feels bad mon.

I mean, affliction has been historically pretty aweful on trash pulls, its nothing new (source, i was one in BC and early WoTLK).

Its people obsessing over aoe/trash dps that needs their heads checked.
09/02/2016 09:24 PMPosted by Kugan
This is a continuing trend which is really starting to infuriate me. So far, I would roughly say a little over half the dungeon finder groups I have been in have vote-kicked me solely for "playing a warlock". It's either right at the beginning or after the first few TRASH PULLS. I knew our class is pretty far in the gutter right now, but this kind of behhavior isn't warranted.

Players that do this - is it such a detriment to your life to have someone in your group who honestly tries to perform their best?

This class is in some serious need of an overhaul from someone who actually knows what they're doing, outside of the anti-Xelnath clique.
Hehehe good good, love warlock tears and suffering
I'm playing the same spec as the opening post guy. Granted I've only done one dungeon in this expansion (those queue times though). My dps ranges from average to quite impressive (50k-80k).

Demonology Warlock's damage output suffers severely from little mistakes in our spell rotation. If your numbers are bad you probably just need to tighten that !@#$ up. Also if you were in there with the pvp gear that I'm seeing in your armory it may be a red flag to a lot of pve groups.
09/02/2016 09:24 PMPosted by Kugan
This is a continuing trend which is really starting to infuriate me. So far, I would roughly say a little over half the dungeon finder groups I have been in have vote-kicked me solely for "playing a warlock". It's either right at the beginning or after the first few TRASH PULLS. I knew our class is pretty far in the gutter right now, but this kind of behhavior isn't warranted.

Players that do this - is it such a detriment to your life to have someone in your group who honestly tries to perform their best?

This class is in some serious need of an overhaul from someone who actually knows what they're doing, outside of the anti-Xelnath clique.

Welcome to the last 3 expansions as a Ret Pally trying to pug.
09/03/2016 01:17 AMPosted by Ddot
Op is clearly fabricating a story. Warlocks are struggling but i have never been kicked nor has my class ever been brought up. It just doesnt happen.

It's not fabricated tbh. I've never been kicked before this expansion, and I got kicked twice. Once when queueing for the dungeon quests while leveling (hit 110 and queued, a 101 demonhunter doing 3x my dps on trash called me out "how are you doing so low at 110" and i was kicked), and once while queueing for a world quest, a fire mage asked why i was doing half the damage of everyone else and I found myself out.

I've also been denied from basically every danger quest I've applied to on the finder, but I won't complain about that, it happens.

I went destro for dungeons just so I don't wanna kill myself, since its numbers in trash packs aren't god awful.

edit: and for numbers to show it's not a personal problem, on bosses i can do up to 150k. people are !@#$%^-s who repeatedly see 60-70k on trash while aoe specs are doing 300k+.